Preview Rnd 13 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sat 15th June 7.25PM @ Etihad - Team Post #426

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Give it a rest, ffs.

I am not asking for more information about his personal medical records, merely pointing out his extended absence is made worse because the club can’t/hasn’t provided any further explanation so supporters have no idea how bad Jones is.

Stop making **** up and using it to have a go at me.

Have to agree with him to an extent, Jabba.

Not sure how the absence is made worse because the club won't divulge specific symptoms - I really don't feel that's something they have any obligation to share. Dizzy spells, loss of vision, headaches, nausea, vertigo, difficulty focusing, etc. Whatever it might be, I don't think there's any reason for Liam's specific symptoms to be publicised. We know what we need to know - he suffered a concussion, they're notoriously difficult to assess as far as recovery goes, and as Liam has been experiencing lingering effects the club has chosen to keep him sidelined.

What more would you expect them to say?

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
Corrwct me if I am wrong but - I think we DID try to get midfielders in...

Didn't we make bids for Hopper / Smith etc and then a big bid for Shiel - so I think the Club was trying - was the focus too narrow? ...was there a significant miscalculation in what was required to get the right developed player over to Carlton ( money contract length?)

We don't know all we know is that Carlton is a developed mid or two 'short' of being a serious headache for any opposition - instead of a flaky nuisance for the first ten minutes...

I tried to say that as you spelt it....... sounded like Elmer Fudd:D

Give it a rest, ffs.

I am not asking for more information about his personal medical records, merely pointing out his extended absence is made worse because the club can’t/hasn’t provided any further explanation so supporters have no idea how bad Jones is.

Stop making **** up and using it to have a go at me.
that's my job......

Have to agree with him to an extent, Jabba.

Not sure how the absence is made worse because the club won't divulge specific symptoms - I really don't feel that's something they have any obligation to share. Dizzy spells, loss of vision, headaches, nausea, vertigo, difficulty focusing, etc. Whatever it might be, I don't think there's any reason for Liam's specific symptoms to be publicised. We know what we need to know - he suffered a concussion, they're notoriously difficult to assess as far as recovery goes, and as Liam has been experiencing lingering effects the club has chosen to keep him sidelined.

What more would you expect them to say?
I don’t expect them to say anything and have never asked them to.

The absence of information adds a sense of uncertainty to a situation where a player would normally be expected to miss 1-2 weeks for a concussion and instead has been missing for several.

All it does is leave space for speculation and guesswork. Players who miss this length of time sometimes don’t ever fully recover.

Supporters are allowed to be concerned about a players welfare without being accused of trying to violate the players privacy.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t expect them to say anything and have never asked them to.

The absence of information adds a sense of uncertainty to a situation where a player would normally be expected to miss 1-2 weeks for a concussion and instead has been missing for several.

All it does is leave space for speculation and guesswork. Players who miss this length of time sometimes don’t ever fully recover.

Supporters are allowed to be concerned about a players welfare without being accused of trying to violate the players privacy.

Fair call. I'll confess that the few posts I saw in this discussion seemed to suggest the club was hiding something, but if that wasn't the intent then no harm no foul.

Fair call. I'll confess that the few posts I saw in this discussion seemed to suggest the club was hiding something, but if that wasn't the intent then no harm no foul.
Psychochook can confirm........

We had close to our best team last time we played them.. This time we will have Charlie Curnow.

I am Not sure where they were at last time in terms of best 22.

Hard game to pick the winner because both formlines aren't great..

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
We had close to our best team last time we played them.. This time we will have Charlie Curnow.

I am Not sure where they were at last time in terms of best 22.

Hard game to pick the winner because both formlines aren't great..

Rnd 5 team with one late change - Out Charlie, In Levi

IN: Matthew Kreuzer , Cameron Polson , Jack Silvagni
OUT: Matthew Lobbe (Omitted), Will Setterfield (Suspension), Levi Casboult (Omitted)

B: Nic Newman , Liam Jones , Lachie Plowman
HB: Kade Simpson , Jacob Weitering , Caleb Marchbank
C: Lochie O'Brien , Patrick Cripps , Sam Walsh
HF: Michael Gibbons , Charlie Curnow , Ed Curnow
F: Sam Petrevski-Seton , Mitch McGovern , Marc Murphy

FOL: Harry McKay , Paddy Dow , Zac Fisher

I/C: Dale Thomas , Matthew Kreuzer , Cameron Polson , Jack Silvagni

EMG: Levi Casboult , Matthew Lobbe , Matthew Kennedy , Angus Schumacher

Them ...

IN: Bailey Williams, Lachie Young, Will Hayes
OUT: Josh Schache (Omitted), Taylor Duryea (Injured), Matthew Suckling (Injured)

B Bailey Williams, Zaine Cordy, Hayden Crozier
HB Caleb Daniel, Easton Wood, Lachie Young
C Lachie Hunter, Tom Liberatore, Jason Johannisen
HF Will Hayes, Josh Dunkley, Sam Lloyd
F Toby McLean, Aaron Naughton, Tory Dickson

FOL Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae

I/C Mitch Wallis, Bailey Smith, Ed Richards, Billy Gowers

Only thing I’ve been told is we are nowhere near fit enough and the younger players especially aren’t physically prepared for AFL football the way they should be. Important pre season coming up
So, not much has changed. At least Russell is sending our list in the right direction

I'd be interested in your selection for his replacement to play on the likes of eddie, charlie c, de goey, r. Grey etc??
Fair dinkum the bloje could make all australian and there would be a chorus on here calling for his head.
Jones could play his role no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back