Preview Rnd 13 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sat 15th June 7.25PM @ Etihad - Team Post #426

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The interquartile range (IQR) is a measure of variability, based on dividing a data set into quartiles.

Quartiles divide a rank-ordered data set into four equal parts. The values that divide each part are called the first, second, and third quartiles; and they are denoted by Q1, Q2, and Q3, respectively.

So if Q1 gets more kicks than Q2 and Q3, they get pretty shat off.

Simple really :think:

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
And he takes their best/ second best defender

Now I’ve heard it all. Pretty sure Andrews was on McKay and Gardner on Curnow but hell of a good story.

BTW - I’ll watching the best defender guarding him, his multiple leading patterns and defensive work at Marvel again on Saturday. Hope you are as well........

Certainly exciting to get Fisher and Marchbank into the 50-100 game bracket soon.

Cripps, Plowman, Weitering, McGovern, C. Curnow, Petrevski-Seton, Fisher and Marchbank. Need these guys to keep playing together, the improvement will come rapidly next year.

Dow, McKay, O'Brien, Cuningham, Walsh and Setterfield to enter that bracket in a year or two. Walsh doesn't belong in that group though, already performing to an elite standard.

Keep these 14 guys healthy and playing collectively for the rest of the year.

I can see all of Simmo, Murph, Kreuzer, Daisy, Ed and Levi going on next year.

Using the team from this round, assuming no injuries, only taking our Newman for Doc at the start of next year. Not allowing for Jones or Stocker or JSOS for the moment. This is how it looks in 12 months time, so mid 2020.

Hypothetical Mid 2020 team.JPG

Still only 5 players in the 24-27 range but 8 players at 22-23.

By the time those six 30+ guys are done, we will have a minimum of 13 players in the 23-27 range. 2021 is looking very good.

Naturally we will be trading in other mature players to add to this mix. Expecting a surge next year to just outside the 8, inside the 8 in 2021 and really challenging in 2022-2026 with our captains around the 250 game mark in their early 30s when that window is coming to a close. Weitering 230 games and still 28 and in his prime. Charlie 200 games in his late 20s, McKay not far away at the same age. Walsh about 170 games and still 25. The window could easily extend out if we recruit well and can replace the captains.

bigdog43

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Now I’ve heard it all. Pretty sure Andrews was on McKay and Gardner on Curnow but hell of a good story.

BTW - I’ll watching the best defender guarding him, his multiple leading patterns and defensive work at Marvel again on Saturday. Hope you are as well........
You’ve said that he offers the least amount of any player on our team but he’s kicked our second most goals. Reckon you should spend more time watching our other players.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
I personally think that if Jack takes those 3 - 4 marks that he had first hands on last week then he plays this week. Only needs to clean up two things for mine, previously mentioned marking and his goalkicking (which shouldn't be too hard as he has a nice kicking action).
Only other concern is whether him and Mitch have enough points of difference to both play as third tall forwards.
He has a nice ball drop, but on virtually every set shot for goal he leans back & loses a lot of momentum/penetration when kicking the ball. Hopefully Sav is working with him on this.

I can see all of Simmo, Murph, Kreuzer, Daisy, Ed and Levi going on next year.

Using the team from this round, assuming no injuries, only taking our Newman for Doc at the start of next year. Not allowing for Jones or Stocker or JSOS for the moment. This is how it looks in 12 months time, so mid 2020.

View attachment 692388

Still only 5 players in the 24-27 range but 8 players at 22-23.

By the time those six 30+ guys are done, we will have a minimum of 13 players in the 23-27 range. 2021 is looking very good.

Naturally we will be trading in other mature players to add to this mix. Expecting a surge next year to just outside the 8, inside the 8 in 2021 and really challenging in 2022-2026 with our captains around the 250 game mark in their early 30s when that window is coming to a close. Weitering 230 games and still 28 and in his prime. Charlie 200 games in his late 20s, McKay not far away at the same age. Walsh about 170 games and still 25. The window could easily extend out if we recruit well and can replace the captains.

Don't wanna put the mozz on him, but that's not a bad ad for Weitering's durability there ODN, almost a season's more games than the nearest 22yo and 100 games before he's 23.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
My apologies to the thread, last night I wrote a disrespectful post mentioning Murph. I’d had some beers throughout the afternoon and what I was trying to post came out very wrong. Would like to move on, apologies to all.
Good stuff French Bulldog puppy, could never stay mad at a face like that.

Didn’t even see the post but apologising after the fact is about as classy as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back