Preview Rnd 13 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sat 15th June 7.25PM @ Etihad - Team Post #426

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I wont be able to watch this game live tonight - I hope they go out and play to their best ability and get a win - season started (again) last week so 2-0 would be a great start.
night surfing?

It's just an age that a lot of people use because it is the average peak performance years.
24-27 is "peak years" of the average AFL player's Career.
Widely accepted Stat in the AFL
I appreciate it's frequently used on this board, I don't see much reference to it elsewhere but irrespective I don't see what evidence there is to support the notion, especially in regards to 27 as the upper limit.

I appreciate it's frequently used on this board, I don't see much reference to it elsewhere but irrespective I don't see what evidence there is to support the notion, especially in regards to 27 as the upper limit.
Quick research into player stats and you see the pattern.
you hear the media bring it up everyone now and then.
its mentioned alot just before trade time when discussing age profile of players teams should target.

there's something to be said about bulk and body maturity after 22 years old as well as endurance conditioning.

Also take into account the average age alot of people retire being around 30 with their peak falling away a few years prior.

the information is there you've just gotta look for it.

Hoping for a big crowd tonight. Always good to show to all and sundry that we are a sleeping giant that will be like a tidal wave when we come good. Big crowds (hence decent time slots) are a good start.
Wouldn't it be great if the boys came out blazing and thrashed them ??
10 goal lead at 1/2 time and run out winners by 15 goals ..
Please let it happen footy gods.

Quick research into player stats and you see the pattern.
you hear the media bring it up everyone now and then.
its mentioned alot just before trade time when discussing age profile of players teams should target.

there's something to be said about bulk and body maturity after 22 years old as well as endurance conditioning.

Also take into account the average age alot of people retire being around 30 with their peak falling away a few years prior.

the information is there you've just gotta look for it.
I've looked, don't see it at all which is why I questioned it. Look at the comparable drafts, AA, BnF and nothing suggests players decline at 27, and also suggests 22/23 is more accurate to when a player starts performing at a high level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does get referenced in the media in a casual term of mature age player. Obviously most programming don't have the time or make the effort to delve into it as deeply as a forum group can but it does get mentioned.

24-27 is the average age, doesn't mean once you hit 28 its over many players stay at an elite level beyond the average.

night surfing?

Sister's birthday dinner at some restaurant place ...people just refuse to plan their lives around Carlton fixtures for some reason - so annoying.:moustache:

Sister's birthday dinner at some restaurant place ...people just refuse to plan their lives around Carlton fixtures for some reason - so annoying.:moustache:
get that sorted.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back