Preview Rnd 13- Carlton v Gold Coast Saturday 13th June 7.25PM @ Metricon - Team post #296

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
abc3d9de16cc75a629fd542d7194c696.jpg
Plowman totes clocked your #sneakypic

No, I am not confused at all about his level of timidness. I hope for his sake, he is ready for the next step.

Hurts more? :huh: Well let's just tell Boek to avoid all physical contact in case he gets hurt
You know what I meant.

They are all on the plane + ASOS
The full three emergencies? A few must be in struggle town after last week. Better that we respond to it rather than what happened after the Geelong fixture last year.

You know what I meant.

The full three emergencies? A few must be in struggle town after last week. Better that we respond to it rather than what happened after the Geelong fixture last year.

SPS named, Graham is an emergency, Billy could be another emergency, ASOS is there for moral support

Hi guys

Long-time reader but not common poster

Hope someone can tell me if they know of any pubs in Melbourne where fans congregate to watch interstate games.

Obviously I know there are hundreds of pubs that show the footy on a Saturday night, but are there any traditionally bluebagger themed places?

I live about 80 metres from the back of the Gardiner Stand at PP.

Either the Great Northern on Rathdowne Street, which is full of Carlton memorabilia and Carlton supporters during our interstate games with a great range of beer and decent food (Has two big screens) or..

The North Fitzroy Arms on Reid Street in Fitzroy North, owned and run by Percy Jones. Often full of bluebaggers and Percy generally amongst it having a beer and a chat.

Last edited:
For anyone heading to Metricon tomorrow interested in meeting up with other Carlton supporters prior to the game the QLD supporters club are hosting a pre match function directly across from the ground. LoGiudice & Trigg are normally present at these functions and Geoff Southby is the special guest. They have been well attended the last year or 2.

Go Baggers.

19113479_10157873060617037_1125032775_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am actually really happy with the balance in the selections this week. We have a good spread of runners and talls. Have a feeling we will win this.

At the very least, it shows that bb understands where and how we lost it last time , and has taken positive steps to minimise their advantage

You clearly have a view about blaine that is immovable. Is this a hero call on your behalf so that you can gloat if he gets delisted? It will be interesting to view your reaction if the "unthinkable" should happen and he plays well and is offered a new contract

Not a hero call. He has produced a body of work that says he has struggled so far at AFL while starting as a more mature player. On that you make ur educated guess. I don't mind if others see him in a different light. This is a forum where you put fwd your views.

Hope he does a good job for us on the weekend.

Not a hero call. He has produced a body of work that says he has struggled so far at AFL while starting as a more mature player. On that you make ur educated guess. I don't mind if others see him in a different light. This is a forum where you put fwd your views.

Hope he does a good job for us on the weekend.

Well others have reported that he seems to be turning a corner in recent matches. Are you ignoring those matches or disagreeing with the assessment?

Well others have reported that he seems to be turning a corner in recent matches. Are you ignoring those matches or disagreeing with the assessment?

I think im referring to the common recurring theme that a lot of players pull out all stops just prior to potentially being delisted and want a new contract. Get a new contract then revert back to original form.

Which way will blayne go?

I honestly think he will play well this weekend and in the coming weeks. Does that mean i'd personally resign him on a new contract...no. If he did it for the rest of the season, then i'd have to change my mind.

Aside from a lack of hardness all I saw previously was poor disposal. His inside 50 kick is very important. If he can do it, i'll pay respect.

Either the Great Northern on Rathdowne Street, which is full of Carlton memorabilia and Carlton supporters during our interstate games with a great range of beer and decent food (Has two big screens) or..

The North Fitzroy Arms on Reid Street in Fitzroy North, owned and run by Percy Jones. Often full of bluebaggers and Percy generally amongst it having a beer and a chat.

Food is s**t at Great Northern now IMO

What makes you think Boek will play behind the footy?

Not sure where he'll be playing but that's possible as he has had some stints down back, yet looks more dangerous when in our forward half of the ground.

Some of his passing has been quality lately and his kicking penetrating again, leading to goals which wouldn't have come about if ball was in most others hands.

Will he? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with Boek paying along half back.. He hasn't exactly been the picture of composure throughout his career. Has he been playing that role in the VFL? Thought he'd been mostly wing/half forward flank

From what I have seen, that is where he has been playing in the VFL. Half back and some wing much as Simpson and Docherty do in the AFL. It wouldn't make a great deal of sense for a player to earn a call up playing a particular role to come in and have that role changed, especially the way we do things now.

Expecting him to play half back and wing, rotating with Simpson and Docherty. Thomas to also play some wing.

Has he been playing other roles in the VFL at all? To me it looks mostly half back and wing which in modern football are nearly the same position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back