AFL Autopsy RND 13: Loss to the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

On cue Grimes is now the victim
I don't mean to be insensitive, but both Grimes and Ward can report them and move on.

I don't see what drawing more attention to it achieves. Also, things just don't add up to me. Why is he showing all the "you diving flog" messages, but none of the death threats?
Surely he'd prioritise exposing them so that the club can deal with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen them for a while but I was struck with just how quick Richmond are. Blokes you wouldn't class as real speedsters are just lightning. Saw Jaydn Short put metres on one of our blokes in a flash.

The contrast was really noticeable.

Was that when Jayden bounced the ball three times in 10m?

Did genuinely LoL at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen them for a while but I was struck with just how quick Richmond are. Blokes you wouldn't class as real speedsters are just lightning. Saw Jaydn Short put metres on one of our blokes in a flash.

The contrast was really noticeable.

Yep. Our version of the wave of Richmond smalls is a bunch of players who don't cover the ground at any where near the same speed.

The Riddler is a stud.
Drapes is a NO BS get outta my way ballsy ruck
Darcy Parish getting great numbers as a midfielder? no **** KEEP HIM THERE!!!!
Zac Merrett turning into Nick Dal Santo and Joel Bowden - cheap kicks 1 way runner
Saady and the Guelf i love your intensity
Mozzie what a lovely boy!!!!

SEASON OVER
PLAY THE KIDS and JOE
FIND SOME ******* BALLS
MAKE THE TOUGH CALLS (on the older players on the list and a few others)

If I'm Vlaustin, I'm appealing that fine and telling that AFL to * off.

Lets hit 10 different footballers in the neck 10 times in that scenario and see what they do.

The umpire is standing 15 to 20m from the incident with a perfect view.

The AFL is like an over protected mother with umpires and is ruining them. They get geed up to over officiate the game, this is a change in focus and interpretation every few weeks, they use the umpires to influence the aesthetics of the game, they doesn't allow any criticism and pretend every decision is correct. Now they fold to public pressure.

Last edited:
2 fines I am sure that's going to worry the flopmond players. There is no incentive to not do it again.
I think teams should be punished post game. If a player is going to flop it's 4 goals off your total. It would stop flopping in is tracks
It's another nail on the AFL coffin for me. I have no love for this game anymore.
Hardwick is a hypocritical prick. He tells players to be unsociable. Yet when poor cotchin was getting too much attention boohoo just let him play leave him alone. Leave him alone. Wawawawa.

Credit where it's due, we'd look a hell of a lot worse here without our rebounding defenders doing what they do best:

Rebound 50s:
Adam Saad 9
Martin Gleeson 7
Michael Hurley 6
Mason Redman 5
Jordan Ridley 5
Sam Draper 4

Oleg Markov 4
Zach Merrett 4
Nick Vlastuin 4
Dylan Shiel 3
Liam Baker 2
Aaron Francis 2
Matt Guelfi 2
Kyle Langford 2
Darcy Parish 2
Devon Smith 2

Noah Balta 1
Trent Cotchin 1

Dylan Clarke 1
Dylan Grimes 1
Brayden Ham 1
Andrew McGrath 1

Marlion Pickett 1

And this one is somewhat damning, though tbf you can't get a tackle i50 without going inside 50 first:

Tackles Inside 50:
Daniel Rioli 4
Kane Lambert 2
Tom J. Lynch 2
Dustin Martin 1
Jake Aarts 1

(Essendon 0)

24 inside 50s, They rebounded 14 times and we kicked 10 goals, we have good tacklers up there as well so need to get better.

24 inside 50s, They rebounded 14 times and we kicked 10 goals, no time for tackles haha, we have good tacklers up there as well so need to get better.

We had; Stewart, 25% Jake Stringer and Bellchambers. 0 tackles between that group seems about right.

The run factor is certainly being hurt by McKenna having the year he is. If you are looking at what was good previously is was him , Saad and Redman in good form. Right now Saad is the only man standing and he has
to defend as well as provide the run. Much easier for the opposition to shut down one player.

24 inside 50s, They rebounded 14 times and we kicked 10 goals, we have good tacklers up there as well so need to get better.
Honestly if we're kicking a goal 41% of the time it enters our forward 50 I won't be bothered by us having very few tackles inside 50. Would you rather we kick a goal 20% of the time and have 10 tackles inside 50?

Honestly if we're kicking a goal 41% of the time it enters our forward 50 I won't be bothered by us having very few tackles inside 50. Would you rather we kick a goal 20% of the time and have 10 tackles inside 50?

Obviously not but that conversion rate is not sustainable, it also likely means our opponents get to the wing before they feel any significant pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back