AFL Toast RND 13: Win Against The Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate Carlton as much as anyone and their pain on field brings me immense joy BUT this is putrid abuse directed at the players. I can only imagine how players from all sides view their respective supporter bases when they’re subjected to this rubbish.

“take the jumper off!”

yeah baby… nice and slowly, yeah…

I hate Carlton as much as anyone and their pain on field brings me immense joy BUT this is putrid abuse directed at the players. I can only imagine how players from all sides view their respective supporter bases when they’re subjected to this rubbish.

I recall Tiger supporters spitting on Spud when he was coach back in the day.

Our VFL side is very very average though. Very few AFL listed players in the midfield. Only really Tsatas and that was recent. Not sure what to make of Cox just yet. Hard for him to break into the AFL side without some injuries. The one I am hoping might get an AFL run before end of the year is Reid as I think he can be the most obvious difference maker given Zack and Lav are so under-sized. And I don't see Cox holding down full back.

Walla isn't doing much but hard to be a small forward in a VFL side that is losing although they have played him on-ball a bit. Menzie needs to stay in AFL side and Guelfi probably does enough to keep a spot ahead of Walla and Wanganeen. Interestingly, Davey had 16 touches in the VFL and despite not hitting the scoreboard, he had 9 tackles which is immense. Would like him to play more AFL this year.

Anyway, good to have selection problems.

Anyway anyway, f@ck Carlton.
I'd say Baldwin is closer than Reid to break into the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That third quarter - 3 of our 4 starting followers were not in the centre bounce, Stringer being the exception. Carlton may be really out of form, but to be not just competitive, but dominant for that period is pretty damn exciting.

That blues midfield looks really one paced, and only Walsh and Cerra looked like they could hit a target. Hope the blues board overreact and sack Voss, but no coach is going to be able to correct such blatant skill errors. The delivery inside 50 was appalling.

That third quarter - 3 of our 4 starting followers were not in the centre bounce, Stringer being the exception. Carlton may be really out of form, but to be not just competitive, but dominant for that period is pretty damn exciting.

That blues midfield looks really one paced, and only Walsh and Cerra looked like they could hit a target. Hope the blues board overreact and sack Voss, but no coach is going to be able to correct such blatant skill errors. The delivery inside 50 was appalling.
Walsh couldn’t hit a target either.

Could you imagine being abused like this at your workplace. You wonder how much abuse players receive in the outside community.

Maybe not a lot but just walking into a supermarket and having every person in the store looking at me (and pretending not to) would freak me out enough.

He seems to be doing well but he doesn't quite have the size either. Need someone who can play on likes of Hawkins, Dixon, the Kings etc.
We need to target a mature 200cm defender but Baldwin has the potential to be better than Laverde and you can build a team defence around those sized players with a ruck helping out.
(Eg Rance, grimes, vlaustin)

He seems to be doing well but he doesn't quite have the size either. Need someone who can play on likes of Hawkins, Dixon, the Kings etc.
Steven May 194cm 103kg
Baldwin 193cm 97kg

Anyone else recall when Ash Hansen declined to be apart of the interview process because he was content with being the Carlton forward line and offensive coach?

Dodging bullets left and right.

devil may cry dodged a bullet GIF by Jason Clarke

Probably more like he's hanging out for the The West Coast gig.
I'd almost prefer the West Coast gig as they're under no illusions that they're dogshit and are starting fresh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back