AFL Toast RND 13: Win Against The Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting but I'd say the exception rather than the rule. If Balders can handle monsters like Dixon and Hawkins, then I am all for giving him a go.
Most of the time it isn’t a physical wrestle, it’s applying enough force to prevent a clean run at the ball or throw out the timing of the lead.

If your opponent gets a clean run and jump at the ball it doesn’t matter if you’ve got 10cm and 20kg on them, you’re not stopping them from taking the mark.

If the defender is taking intercept marks they’ve more than likely run off their man so physical size is less relevant.

When David King sees 2.5 he thinks well that could of been 5.2.

That's the extent of David King's analysis.
Shits me no end when people say that, such a stupid argument. The WHOLE game changes when a goal is kicked as the ball goes back to the centre. Impossible to predict an outcome let alone just swapping points/goals.

Shits me no end when people say that, such a stupid argument. The WHOLE game changes when a goal is kicked as the ball goes back to the centre. Impossible to predict an outcome let alone just swapping points/goals.
And ignores the pressure that causes the behind
He sees an opportunity missed
Sometimes its a reward for effort the other way

Not to mention a behind leads to another opportunity if you can get a front-half turnover, the so-called "7 point play". If they'd kicked a goal the first time they'd be 3.0 not 5.2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to take this win with a grain of salt. It was great fun but we’d being doing ourselves a disservice if we overlook the fact that Carlton controlled at least half the game, maybe a touch more.

The difference was that we were competent and efficient in the periods we had control. Carlton were, on the other hand, absolutely incompetent inside 50.

I think we need to take this win with a grain of salt. It was great fun but we’d being doing ourselves a disservice if we overlook the fact that Carlton controlled at least half the game, maybe a touch more.

The difference was that we were competent and efficient in the periods we had control. Carlton were, on the other hand, absolutely incompetent inside 50.
I agree. Do not think it was one of our better wins but Carlton have been the same for weeks. I commented on them last week as I went and watched them. Their basic skill level is horrible and it is not just the actual turnovers but the bounce passes or handball that is just a bit off. They where always going to play like they did. The gave Melbourne a bit of trouble last week as well but fell down in the same areas. They do control games but their skill level sucks the life out of them at some stage every week.
Personally I did not think it was one of our better defensive games. I was not their live but watching it back we allowed a lot more footy through the middle than we have previously done.

It did concern me in the lead up to the game that all it would take is a few little things to click and Carlton would be quite dangerous. They dominated the inside 50s and scoring shots, with a little more composure they'd have probably smashed us.

I think we played well enough within our limits but we're a limited side at the moment and I think the ladder position flatters us.

When David King sees 2.5 he thinks well that could of been 5.2.

That's the extent of David King's analysis.

At least King’s long history of alcohol abuse explains his Swiss cheese brain.

Not sure what the excuse is for someone like Kane Cornes.

I agree. Do not think it was one of our better wins but Carlton have been the same for weeks. I commented on them last week as I went and watched them. Their basic skill level is horrible and it is not just the actual turnovers but the bounce passes or handball that is just a bit off. They where always going to play like they did. The gave Melbourne a bit of trouble last week as well but fell down in the same areas. They do control games but their skill level sucks the life out of them at some stage every week.
Personally I did not think it was one of our better defensive games. I was not their live but watching it back we allowed a lot more footy through the middle than we have previously done.
The level of butchery with ball in hand was something to behold…..truly epic.

At least King’s long history of alcohol abuse explains his Swiss cheese brain.

Not sure what the excuse is for someone like Kane Cornes.
Korn is not the sharpest tool in the shed and he has yet to work out that things he likes in his little bubble of life do not actually make the world go around. I never minded him too much previously as he generally owned his comments but he is now too consumed in his volcano persona and it is all about being outrageous. I find he is so inside the box it is not funny. It all seems to be about the now.

They dominated the inside 50s and scoring shots, with a little more composure they'd have probably smashed us.
Their inside 50s are awful. They’re almost invariably shallow and produce virtually no set shots inside 50, and only one inside 25.

IMG_9700.jpeg

Here’s a basic analysis of scoring shots that helps with interpreting the merits of various scoring shots in the chart above;

Remove this Banner Ad

Back