AFL Toast Rnd 13: Win against the Hawkes

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that was a pretty good win. The game started off in Hawks style with them dominating with their boring uncontested kick kick style. We did well to wrest control after quarter time. Really liking the development of 3rd to 5th year players. Parish, Begley, Langford, Laverde, McGrath, Clarke all going pretty well for us right now. Then the best of the lot Sir Redman - this kid is a budding superstar, can do it all.

Our backline seems fantastic right now. Hurley and Hooker control the skies, Ambrose locks down his man and provides a real physical presence, Saad and McKenna were absolutely terrific rebounding as well as shutting down their men and Redman well does the bloke ever miss a target?

I'm also impressed with our forward line, it just looks so much better with some more mid sized targets in Laverde and Begley. Mobile enough to defend but also able to do some work in the air. I just wish Laverde could at least nail basic set shots. He actually would have had a cracking game if he could have kicked straight at all. I've been pretty critical of Laverde in the past but if he can sort out his set shots and stay fit then I'll happily eat some humble pie.

At least it sounds like Stringers injury probably isn't structural so hopefully he won't be out for long. Our finals hopes are still alive as long as we can nail one of our next 2 games which obviously won't be easy.

Wow we worked so hard for that , well done lads. Epic work by our defence especially early on when Hawks were dominating possession. Ithought we were about worth about a 6-8 goal win on ball winning, be nice if we rewarded ourselves for effort more often. I confess I watch with sound muted, can't stand 7 commentary- word on Jake's injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win. Should’ve won by eight goals but switched off a little and the hawks got some umpire assistance late on.

Disappointed in Stratton. He was always my favorite of their playing group. Great player and seems like a good guy. Not sure what’s going through his head ...probably not a lot.

Need to beat GWS as next week won’t go our way

Have missed the last two weeks due to being overseas. Clarke has had plenty of it but how has his disposal been? Has he looked comfortable with ball in hand?

What did he do?
The flog did this:
img_0819-jpg.692341
img_0820-jpg.692342

Really disappointed with how we defended the corridor in transition, Hawks ball use being shithouse going forward and Saad, Redman and McKenna having superhuman powers of recovery saved us.

Other than that it was prettay, prettay, good. Conversion continues to be a little off but we’re creating bulk chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back