AFL Toast Rnd 13: Win against the Hawkes

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Throw in a Hopoate and you’ve got an orgy.
Was thinking the tribunal charges would look like - Stratton; stomping, "the bird" , pinching.

McKenna; kicking, knee capping, throat punches, eye gouging, squirrel gripping, head butting, slapping, and something something digital something.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Was thinking the tribunal charges would look like - Stratton; stomping, "the bird" , pinching.

McKenna; kicking, knee capping, throat punches, eye gouging, squirrel gripping, head butting, slapping, and something something digital something.

Can’t believe you forgot biting

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched the replay

We have the best back six in the comp according to ling,BT,Richo hard to score against

That's very good but our over all ground defense and fwd half pressure still leaks live a sieve imo ridicolous the amount of uncontested marks the hawks had in the first half

Need to get better at locking the ball in our fwd half if we want to beat the good sides

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
It's now a girls game, there was in the past a simple reply, but now you'd get sued for assault.
So pathetic that now it's going to be a major media carry on for another week

I doubt there has ever been a time when a player would have been been allowed to knock someone out for pinching. If the story is true there was a bit of pinching going on in 1985 that ended up in the courts.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched the replay

We have the best back six in the comp according to ling,BT,Richo hard to score against

That's very good but our over all ground defense and fwd half pressure still leaks live a sieve imo ridicolous the amount of uncontested marks the hawks had in the first half

Need to get better at locking the ball in our fwd half if we want to beat the good sides
I don’t have a huge issue with it, our structures prevented them from getting any forward momentum and if their awful strategy of 10+ Joel Bowdens is their blueprint for a premiership, awesome.

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Am I the only who doesn't give the slightest of *s about the pinching?
That stomping though, I only just saw it. That is absolutely not on, needs to get a week. Disappointed McKernan took it easy on him afterwards.

Watched the replay

Was ridiculed on here for last year suggesting we would have the best back 6/7 in the comp in 2 years time.

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I don’t have a huge issue with it, our structures prevented them from getting any forward momentum and if their awful strategy of 10+ Joel Bowdens is their blueprint for a premiership, awesome.
^^This. Though frustrating to watch, they were going sideways & backwards. We tightened up in the 2nd half. They knew we had too much pace for a shootout. They played themselves into a corner. When the game had to be won, they had to take risks but were easily opened up with our pace.

The 2 gift goals kept them in it, but we slowed it down and iced the game.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
If I wanted the opinion of a brainless Hird-worshipper I'd have brought the matter up on the Essenscum* board. Which I suggest you remove yourself to.

I’d love a tassie trip.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
The next time we play 'Scum of Yabbies' we could wear those hats with the lobsters on top, you know the ones with the big pinchers hanging over the brim.

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched the replay

It was a little hard to gauge on TV but maybe we afforded them a bit more space through the middle to keep better structure up forward and help us to be able to score. They did not really hurt us with that extra possession. I imagine we could have tightened up there if needed but I am guessing we backed our plans and structures.

Coming in peace.

Difficult pill to swallow but Strats wasn't a captains a-hole the other night. Apologies for the bullsh*t behaviour that was on display. Has no place in our game.

Last edited:
Back