Preview Rnd 14 Carlton v Collingwood Sun 24th June 3.20PM @ MCG - Final Team post #513

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
:carlton: V :collingwood:

BlueAbroad 's Preview

LISTEN HERE

Last time - Round 3, 2018

Carlton 11.10.76 def by Collingwood 16.4.100

We got the jump early and simply fell away, as the pies made the most of their scoring opportunities.

The pies weren’t in the same form as now, but in retrospect we can see that round 3 was the beginning of their 2018 improvement.

This week

What I’m excited about

• We get to remove ourselves away from what was a horrific day against Freo.
  • The bye didn’t come at the opportune time for the pies, as they were in their best form for years.
  • We have responded in all three of our “horror” performances, showing the effort that we supporters simply ask for each week.
  • The inclusion of Kennedy to our midfield which desperately needs a stronger body. Is he ready to return? Big question. Had 27 touches and a goal today, but Bolts is known to force consistent form before making an inclusion
  • Another opportunity of exposure for our younger players in a matchup that means a lot to both clubs

What I’m concerned about

• Collingwood have elite running ability across the ground, and when riding the momentum swings, are extremely dangerous
  • The simple weight of number of stars midfielders. We’re running with Cripps and Ed Curnow to an extent, as opposed to the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Treloar and perhaps De Goey. Our next layer of talent is then our youngsters, who are simply years behind the likes of Thomas, Hoskein-Elliot, Phillips and the like.
  • Our mindset - I don’t think our boys will run out there on Sunday with the genuine belief that they can win.

IN

- Harry McKay | Matthew Kennedy

OUT

- Patrick Kerr | Nick Graham

Harry needs to play in these games, and I don’t yet trust the ability for us to play both he and Kerr with Levi.

The Nick Graham experience is over for me. I would expect him to not be at the club beyond 2018.

SUMMARY

I can see an honourable loss, in the 22-32 point range, as we make the game a scrap until the class of Collingwood eventually shines through.

Stick together Carlton family - it’s easy to get caught up in the bold headlines.

I wish I was in Melbourne to be at the game this week - I miss the atmosphere immensely.

Last edited:
The form of both teams couldnt be further apart. Tough day at the office coming up.

Pickett in if goes even OK tomorrow. Casboult out. Too be slow and soft as a whole. We need hardness and pace. Pickett is a small step towards that.

OUT - Patrick Kerr (Omitted), Darcy Lang (Omitted), Nick Graham (Omitted), Sam Rowe (Omitted)
IN - Harry McKay, Matthew Kennedy, Aaron Mullett, Alex Silvagni/Cameron O'Shea
NEED TO LIFT - Levi Casboult, Charlie Curnow, Ed Curnow, Sam Petrevki-Seton*, Lachie Plowman
MILESTONE - Jacob Weitering (50 Carlton Games)

*Did show bits and pieces, but always sense he can go even harder and apply more pressure. There were moments I saw him lacking a little interest today.
NOTE: As much as I love Zac Fisher, he needs to learn to not always handball to his teammates' feet. I understand he is fairly short but knowing what he can do, I think he knows better than to do such a thing.

FB - Lachie Plowman, Alex Silvagni/Cameron O'Shea, Aaron Mullett
HB - Dale Thomas, Liam Jones, Kade Simpson
C - Ed Curnow, Matthew Kennedy, Jack Silvagni
HF - Zac Fisher, Charlie Curnow, Paddy Dow
FF - Harry McKay, Levi Casboult, Matthew Wright
R - Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Sam Petrevski-Seton
I - Sam Kerridge, Lochie O'Brien, Jed Lamb, Jacob Weitering

E - Jarrod Garlett, Darcy Lang, Andrew Phillips, Cameron Polson

WHY IN?
McKay
in (no reason needed). Kennedy and (there I say it) Mullett as well. Preferably A.Silvagni but suspect O'Shea to get the nod back in.

WHY OUT?
Kerr
will make way. Lang in his past two performances was way below standards and Rowe has been poor ever since making his way back into the team. I feel Graham has been given enough chances and he has blown them all.

WHY NOT?
Won't put Dow in for a rest because it would just be another week of complaints about it. Would love for Pickett and Marchbank to step back in but do see them in the VFL for a couple of weeks before returning. Lamb and Kerridge were satisfying in their roles today. Can't put all the blame on them, as they offered more than half of the others. But their flaws were easy to identify so they are on the edge.

Last edited:
WHY IN?
Mullett
as well.
Eh?

WHY NOT?
Lamb
and Kerridge were satisfying in their roles today. Can't put all the blame on them, as they offered more than half of the others. But their flaws were easy to identify so they are on the edge.
Lamb had to be moved after 20 minutes...

Remember beating them last year and alot of the talk afterwords, they wont beat us again for years, i was such a sucker.
Little did we know Richmond would gift Buckley another game style to copy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to hearing from the coach how the contests are always tight , ladder position means nothing spin doctoring at its finest........
This is going to be embarrasing.
I , will more than likely take my kids away to the snow like a melbourne supporter would do just so they cant see the drivel thats going to be served up against Collingwood

Looking forward to hearing from the coach how the contests are always tight , ladder position means nothing spin doctoring at its finest........
This is going to be embarrasing.
I , will more than likely take my kids away to the snow like a melbourne supporter would do just so they cant see the drivel thats going to be served up against Collingwood
You'll miss a good win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back