Preview Rnd 14 - Carlton v Collingwood Sunday 30th August 3.35PM @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Pittonet really enjoyed playing against Grundy in the pre-season. Annoyed the * out of him with the physicality. He's down on form but this might help him.

Collingwood don't play many talls, though.

Mihocek, Cameron, Dunn, Madgen, Moore, Grundy.

McKay, Casboult, Weitering, Jones, TDK, Pittonet.

Can't drop Cottrell. The workrate of him, Walsh and Curnow is helping us a heap at the moment. Just getting extra bodies to the contest gives us a huge advantage.

Won 127, Drawn 4, Lost 126

We have been ahead of the head to head for many years now. They have been closing that gap. We must win!

How do we think TDK would fare against Grundy if used as #1 ruck? Tactically, would Teague leave Pitto in and rotate them 50/50 on Grundy or stick with TDK?
Does anyone have the bounce attendances stat from tonight's game? Was TDK playing as #1 ruck?
I think he’d be okay but still think we’ll go the 2 rucks. Cas as backup ruck atm means Harry is the only tall target forward when Levi is relieving. Until one of our 3rd talls comes back, I think pittonet is safe. McGovern the only one that is any chance this year.

Kennedy timing on that corkie horrible. He has no hope of playing next week unless an injury.

Didn’t feel to me like Cottrell ran quite as hard tonight. Kicking not good again. But press on. That backline pace problem was exposed 3 times again. Christ they wouldn’t have scored if we played Polson. GWS he’s in. Not this week.

I would like to destroy their entire existence.
Thank you.

Probably no changes, Cottrell's ball use was often disappointing, but in terms of a replacement outside midfielder/wingman, his only competition is O'Brien, who hasn't exactly been lighting it up.
Cottrell disposal was a liability in the first half but he did improve in 2nd half and made some good decisions.

Torn with him as he could improve but also he hasn't been at AFL standard.

LOB Dow Kennedy Cuningham all easily ahead of him imo when fit. Bring one or more of them in.

TDK a hard one too. Exciting but again probably is making more errors than positives. Worth sticking with him tho imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I truly don’t think people realise the impact TDk is having. He’s well over 200cm and can jump.
And the impact? The opposition can not with any confidence rove to their ruckman. It’s so obvious.

BTW he jumped straight over Grundy in the preseason and I’m backing him to do it again next week....

😳

Kennedy timing on that corkie horrible. He has no hope of playing next week unless an injury.

Didn’t feel to me like Cottrell ran quite as hard tonight. Kicking not good again. But press on. That backline pace problem was exposed 3 times again. Christ they wouldn’t have scored if we played Polson. GWS he’s in. Not this week.

Kennedy was a matter of time, his TOG% wasn't sustainable with our tall setup.

Can't drop Cottrell. The workrate of him, Walsh and Curnow is helping us a heap at the moment. Just getting extra bodies to the contest gives us a huge advantage.

We definitely can drop him...his kicking was poor. A number of missed targets when out on the wing in space. Has shown signs for the future, no shame in getting dropped if we have someone better to come in after a 9 day break. That said if he stays in the team i'm ok with it.

Personally i'd still go with Cunners at this stage.

Interesting conundrum is if Gov is fit...there's no way we can fit him in without dropping a tall. McKay/Casboult are locks. It would have to be either TDK or Pitto...as much as we love some of the signs my bet would be TDK. I guess one other option is resting Casboult but that's unlikely.

Small forwards from Collingwood seemed to have troubled us with one of them bobbing up, maybe not a bad game to introduce CamPo? Interested to see this pace & disposal that has come about.

Not sure where changes come from, if any. Options could be SPS (sore shoulder &/or dubious form), Cottrell or either ruck if we go that way, though TDK looked pretty good out there bar some silly free kicks. Give Dow a run to see if he can convert his form to the AFL.

Cunners if fit should come in

Cotts (stiff) and SPS would be nervous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the Cunners in. I don’t think there’s any way Cotts is omitted; working too hard to be dropped. I’m guessing that SPS might end up being rested due to injury.

Won 127, Drawn 4, Lost 126

We have been ahead of the head to head for many years now. They have been closing that gap. We must win!

Heard McChins mention it tonight on FoxFooty.
Def must win for us.

One thing for certain McChins will never mention - The Carringbush haven't beaten Carlton in a Grand Final since 1910.

To those reading - that is 110 YEARS! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Time to start rotating a bit. SPS out, a Dow or Cunners in. Don’t care which, trust Teague.

Bit edgy? Betts managed, Honey in.

Cottrell goes nowhere.

No to Polson in to match their stalls. Our backline is elite.

Grundys been far from his best, Pitt is the man to do the grunt work on him with TDK coming over the top. Next to none the two rucks don’t play , Cottrell Unlucky

Cunners in

Yep much better to go mm plan of long down the line lol 30 meter reliable kick opens up an inside kick or a 50 meter kick which adds up to 80 meters I just don’t understand what people don’t understand about possession football

so u reckon hes been having an impact down back. Cos from what ive seen recently he has not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back