Preview Rnd 15 - Carlton v Adelaide Sat 1st July 2.10PM @ MCG - Changes post #230

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with the ins but I feel Smedts has been dudded a bit.

Gets a chance to play and they stick him in the one position he shouldn't be played, ever.

If he'd been able to play the role Pickett or SPS had he'd would have almost certainly had more impact than either of those two.
I reckon he got dropped for that missed tackle on the wing alone. Yuck.

Go gussy!

Really think he doesn't have the agility required for his size to make it but I would love for him to find a role.

Wonder if he would be worth playing as a forward pocket leading up at the ball. Could kick them from 60.

Go gussy!

Really think he doesn't have the agility required for his size to make it but I would love for him to find a role.

Wonder if he would be worth playing as a forward pocket leading up at the ball. Could kick them from 60.
Take over the long goal kicking role from Zac? Would certainly help drag some defenders out of the forward 50 to cover the possibility.

The Whiley, KJ & Boek swap looks like a huge bust. Considering Boek was not young when we drafted him from memory really doubt anything will change.

This game will likely hurt :(
wut?

Maybe the inclusion of White is actually a smart move.

Crows midfield is not quick. So perhaps play White through the middle/centre bounces

Kerridge - Sloane
White - Greenwood
Cripps - Crouch
Gibbs - Crouch
Murphy - Douglas

It is their speed on the fringes that we need to contain

Ensure Lever is dragged back to the square, no matter who he mans up on

Just need someone to sit on Eddie - Thomas/Gus/Simpson

6 changes is a team in crisis.

Sadly none of those changes were unnecessary.

Geez I feel for Lamb. Unlike some he was really taking his last chance at AFL footy by the scruff of the neck only to see it ended prematurely by a "top bloke". Not too many top blokes I know KO someone while playing a game. Hopefully he comes back strong next week.
Some players really struggle to come back fully from a bad concussion.

Some players really struggle to come back fully from a bad concussion.
Yep. It can have a mental impact too causing them to become a bit more cautious.

It's not a great thing anytime in a footy career, but its particularly bad timing for Lamb. He was just starting to gain some confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for Gussyman.

Would have been nice for him to play in a more settled team against easier oppo but I hope he grabs his chance.

He's barely put a foot wrong in the seconds I hope they get him playing a role that's very close to his magoos role , if they don't then they're just throwing another player to the wolves

Adelaides forward line isn't extremely quick so I doubt Simon white will be much of a liability

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Our forward line was slow as treacle last week, but we have swapped Gov in for Otten & Knight for Lynch, so we are far better balanced this week.

Daym the Adelaide boards thread for this game is 55 pages long.
I know they had a few days on us since their last game was on Thursday, but still.
If Thommo was picked like his media mates were calling, we would have hit 100+ pages.

Good to see the Kedge get another run. Did some solid run with roles when with us.

White, Gus absolutely playing for their careers on Saturday and even to a lesser extent Sumner & Kerridge. Hoping to really see the intent with the boys. Ed would've towelled up Sloane so hopefully the rest of the boys work him over. Reckon we can give it a real good crack, Go Blues!

I'm not sure what Rhys Palmer has to do to get a game. The mantra from Bolton has been good form will get you a spot in the side. I think he deserved a game ahead of Sumner who was below average against Richmond in the VFL. The decision to recruit him (and pay him well) is looking like a poor decision.

I'm not sure what Rhys Palmer has to do to get a game. The mantra from Bolton has been good form will get you a spot in the side. I think he deserved a game ahead of Sumner who was below average against Richmond in the VFL. The decision to recruit him (and pay him well) is looking like a poor decision.
He was never recruited for his football ability.

I think auditions have started. Some are passing, some not so. Boekhorst omission telling. Sheehan gets his chance this week. Graham still on audition. I think Kerridge and possibly even Sumner though he may get another chance. Smedts needs to do something, just seems fragile. White might be auditioning for a spot in 2018 too.

I think Sumner has ability but his fitness is leaps and bounds off the pace. Pickett's fitness is miles and miles off the pace, needs to get better at his ground balls and braver in the air. Much to work on.

Love Fisher and Cuningham in, the run and pressure they provide and support for our midfielders is value. Great kicks.

Are our emergencies a tap on the shoulder for these guys. Just play a ripper and you're in perhaps?

Like our team selections, think we got it right. Palmer probably feels a bit hard done by but he's not smashing it down.

Just bring the heat Blues and play a good brand of footy.

He was a cap dump so we could get marchbank cheaper and so we could reach our cap floor. Nothing to do with how good or bad Palmer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back