Preview RND 15 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 30th June 5.20PM (EST) @ Optus Stadium - Final Team Post #517

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones fit.

Selection is going to be interesting

Honestly don't know what to do...Casboult does not deserve to be dropped and has been playing the ruck support role. Jones also deserves to be in the team based on form before his injury.

But can we have Casboult, Jones and Weitering in one team? If so it would mean dropping one of Marchy or Plowman who are more athletic and Plow takes the medium sized forwards.

We can't shift any of them forward since we're already so tall up front as well...

Out of all those defenders, Marchy is probably the one who's received the least public praise so i wouldn't be surprised to see him get dropped.

Honestly don't know what to do...Casboult does not deserve to be dropped and has been playing the ruck support role. Jones also deserves to be in the team based on form before his injury.

But can we have Casboult, Jones and Weitering in one team? If so it would mean dropping one of Marchy or Plowman who are more athletic and Plow takes the medium sized forwards.

We can't shift any of them forward since we're already so tall up front as well...

Out of all those defenders, Marchy is probably the one who's received the least public praise so i wouldn't be surprised to see him get dropped.

It is very tough.

I thought Marchbank was very strong defensively against the Bulldogs.

I don't envy the selectors this week.

Just saw this. For the halfway mark. Strong side to pick from. Seasons past this list would have rolled off the bed and down the stairs. Russell or luck defo giving ourselves a good shot at a few wins over next month or so. Starting with Sunday if the get out of the blocks Q1..If!

INJURY LIST
PlayerInjuryTimeframe
Liam JonesConcussionTest
Liam StockerAnkle2 weeks
Sam DochertyKneeIndefinite
Tom WilliamsonBack4-6 weeks
List Updated, 24 June 2019

If Walters doesn’t beat the suspension then that’s a huge boost for us. He is one of the most damaging players in the comp
Not sure how he would beat it....it ticks all the boxes for a 1 match penalty...low impact, high etc.
The umpire who laid the report and gave evidence was right at the point of contact, the video was fuzzy.
I'm trying to work out what his defence would be, other than getting it reduced to a fine.

I see. Whats strange about it? I don't think its unreasonable to suggest a guy that hasn't played since May 7 should come back through the twos.

That part is reasonable.

I may remember reading that you prefer Casboult over Jones for our defence? That part I found puzzling. Jones is far more versatile defensively.

Perhaps I misunderstood or am remembering incorrectly, haven't been super engaged here recently.

If Walters' suspension doesn't hold up, have to imagine Plowman stays in the team. I'd tip him as getting that matchup based exclusively on the history of Lachie Plowman matchups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That part is reasonable.

I may remember reading that you prefer Casboult over Jones for our defence? That part I found puzzling. Jones is far more versatile defensively.

Perhaps I misunderstood or am remembering incorrectly, haven't been super engaged here recently.

Me either TBH. But yes, you read that correctly. I just like the fit with Casboult better. It just feels better suited to me. I have this feeling of more confidence with Cas than with Jones

If Walters' suspension doesn't hold up, have to imagine Plowman stays in the team. I'd tip him as getting that matchup based exclusively on the history of Lachie Plowman matchups.

The coaches love plowman. Can't see him being dropped in any circumstances.

Freo challenging Walters 1 game suspension.

Hearing is scheduled for 4.30pm today.

News just in, Fremantle have lodge a name change by deed poll and hope to have it back before 4.30pm, Michael Walters case will be heard as Michael Ablett, challenging 1 game suspension.

Looking forward to this game

Hopefully we can start this game like we finished the last.

Being in the crowd the last 10 minutes was insane against the dogs

If jones does come in ( for Cas), I hope they give Harry ruck time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back