That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
images

Please discuss this largely irrelevant game.

Edit: as the eager OP, it has fallen to me to preview this game.

This is a real danger game. With a 4 day break and coming off a lethargic performance, GWS are primed to deliver an absolute spanking, particularly as they find themselves coming into some form.

They love to feast on Carlton, unfortunately. They will use their elite skills and intercept marking ability to deny Carlton the football. If left unchecked, Whitfield will gather 40 possessions and 1000m gained. Jeremy Cameron is approaching some concerning form.

We need to inject some speed/defensive running into this team ******* quickly to avoid a 10+ goal loss. Plan to win the Sydney and Adelaide games and finish the season 8W 9L.

In: Cottrell, LOB, Cuningham, McGovern
Out: Docherty (managed), Williamson (managed), Murphy (managed), Pittonet (omitted)

I'd love to relieve Casboult of his duties this week too, but unless we bring in Moore, we are out of options.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
At the bare minimum

OUT: a ruck
IN: an outside midfielder

Ideally, Pittonet for O'Brien.

Docherty, Gibbons, Betts, Simpson, Plowman and Newnes all look spent, while Weitering and Cripps are under injury clouds.

The priority should be rotating Docherty, Gibbons and Plowman, but that will depend on the status of Marchbank and SPS.

OUT: Docherty, Gibbons, Plowman, Pittonet
IN: SPS, Cuningham, Marchbank, O'Brien

That reads as ideal to me.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Sadly the outcome of this game 5 days out is a little like today's game was 5 minutes after halftime.

If we let them bully us and push us around like they have over the past few seasons I will spew up.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Completely unbalanced team against the pies, get a real winger back into the team ffs. Dow shouldn't be playing on the wing, either should Murphy.

Out: One ruck, Gibbons, Murphy
In: Cottrel, Cuningham, Sps,

Potentially another change or two with Simpson and Williamson being rotated for whichever troops are most deserving.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
At the bare minimum

OUT: a ruck
IN: an outside midfielder

Ideally, Pittonet for O'Brien.

Docherty, Gibbons, Betts, Simpson, Plowman and Newnes all look spent, while Weitering and Cripps are under injury clouds.

The priority should be rotating Docherty, Gibbons and Plowman, but that will depend on the status of Marchbank and SPS.

OUT: Docherty, Gibbons, Plowman, Pittonet
IN: SPS, Cuningham, Marchbank, O'Brien

That reads as ideal to me.

Marchbank? And you talk about fitness, then pick a bloke that has zero continuity not to mention they rested him because he pulled up sore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back