Preview RND 15 - Carlton vs Adelaide (Crom) - Sunday June 27th 4:10pm (EST) @ Marvel Stadium - Team - Post #762

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision on which seating areas are open or closed is made by the stadiums rather than the government.

That’s my point.

VIC Gov have lots of ideas - but consistently f*** up the execution (time after time after time.........)

They could certainly instruct the stadium re seating density - but clearly never did.

Stupid changes.

Someone tell me how Newnes gets a game before Honey? Something also tells me that SPS will be used as a direct replacement for Newman in the backline, and that's on top of Stocker still being a defender.

I love Teague, but his coaching career depends on this game.

As soft as Murphy is
no

Newman was far from our worst, one average game and he gets dropped.
Several... he cannot keep pace at an AFL standard when it comes from transition from defence to attack and then back again.

Stupid changes.

Someone tell me how Newnes gets a game before Honey? Something also tells me that SPS will be used as a direct replacement for Newman in the backline, and that's on top of Stocker still being a defender.

Newnes gets it because apparently we won't install Walsh into the defensive-minded wing role, so it's Newnes instead. He's also got a way better tank than Honey... but that's about it, yeah. Whatever the case, there's an extra runner right now, and the average speed has improved in the team on top of this, so that's going to have an impact if they look to run for each other both ways.

If they don't put SPS around stoppages and on the wing, they've lost the plot. They had him training for weeks for that specific purpose.

- Horrendous game plan
- Terrible team selections
- Giving all the opportunity to old players
- selecting young guys and not playing them in decent roles.

Playing Curnow out of position and he's been useless. 30 something who can't kick still picked in the side. Mediocre Marc Murphy selected. Martin been useless still picked. Refuses to play Stocker on the ball. Selects Newnes who is a bloody ordinary player in even worse form. Doesn't select Honey who is playing well and the way we want blokes to play...

I tell you what, I've been patient with Teague but out of all the coaches we have had the last 20 years I haven't been as keen to see one go. He HAS to go and if it's this weekend then GREAT!

IN: Marc Murphy, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Lachie Plowman

OUT: Zac Fisher (ankle), Marc Pittonet (ankle), Nic Newman, Luke Parks

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringLiam Stocker
Half-backs:Lachie PlowmanLiam JonesZac Williams
Centreline:Jack MartinPatrick CrippsSam Docherty
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowJack SilvagniEddie Betts
Forwards:Harry McKayMatthew KennedyMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningPaddy DowSam Walsh
Interchange:Lachie FogartyMarc MurphyJack Newnes
Sam Petrevski-Seton
Emergencies:Matthew CottrellJosh HoneyNic Newman
Lochie O'Brien

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Match selection and coaching still is a strange one isn't it. Kennedy now a forward despite BOG for us as a midfielder and now we will play a tall short. Let's hope McKay doesn't get injured. Newnes staying in is just outright disappointing given he has no form line from last week and was awful in the VFL before that. So what form are they using of his to determine his spot over others? They'll probably play him or Curnow as the 7th defender rather than move Doc back. Or worse, they move SPS there which would be a shame as i'd love him to get some serious midfield minutes and show us what he's truly capable of. No honey is also very disappointing given his consistency to score and tackle well.

Seems like last weeks selections were an aberration and we're back to typical Teague nonsensical selections.

As soft as Murphy is fair enough get him to 300 games say thanks and goodbye. But how is Jack Newnes in the team this week, he had 2 ineffective kicks last week coming on as sub at the end of the game.

He wouldn't have played this many games by being 'soft'.

Ed Curnow at half-forward :roflv1:
Still persisting with Martin when it looks like they pulled him out just as they starting mummifying him.
Murphy was expected really after the VFL.
Newnes instead of Honey, classic Teague.
Look forward to seeing Williams gently jog after the opposition.
Sticking Kennedy up forward when he played the game of his life last week.
Expecting to see Stocker + SPS in the backline together at one point.

Don't even know what to say anymore, god help Teague if we lose.

Positive note:

Hope Cripps plays the game of his life and Harry kicks a bag.

Can we not pay attention to the structure on the team sheet... stuffing the 18 is more about who is on the fringe in the extended bench.

Here's how we could line-up:

FB: Plowman Jones Docherty
HB: Williams Weitering Saad
C: Walsh E.Curnow SPS
HF: Murphy JSOS Martin
FF: Owies McKay Betts

R: TDK Cripps Dow

Int: Kennedy, Fogarty, Newnes, Stocker

Sub:
O'Brien/Honey

Kennedy and Stocker in the inside midfield rotation, Newnes outside midfield rotation, Fogarty forward/mid rotation.

Stoppage/centre bounce rotations between: Walsh, SPS, Murphy, Cripps, Dow, Martin, Kennedy, Stocker

That looks workable, and it allows the attacking HBFs we have to surge forward knowing that at least SPS, Ed, and Stocker will be mindful.

Was there any confirmation or denial of jpfalvo's apparent mail that Betts could be a late out? Cause that might open the door for Honey.

Though with the club putting out this "5 indigenous players" article you'd think Betts is a firm starter.

I don't usually put much stock in the positions players are named in, but there are some interesting and disappointing suggestions.

Stocker better not be anywhere near a back pocket for a start.

SPS on the bench is fine, but we better use him on and ahead of the ball.

Martin on a wing seems optimistic and very unlikely.

Ed in the forward mix I don't hate, can dob a goal and could feasibly get a shutdown job on a rebounding defender. Feel he'd be be better used just locking down Laird though, who plays on ball these days

Last edited:
Stupid changes.

Newnes doesn't play the same position as honey? it's not a relevant comparison

Hard to argue that we are not a better side with those 3 inclusions.. however slightly concerning Parks is the sub, implies to me that there are doubt on Plowman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back