AFL Toast Rnd 15: Win against GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that’s not a free kick, completely comfortable with that.

I think the 6 decisions that GWS can rightfully point to as being pretty ****house are the non review, the htb free given to Begley right before the 3qt siren which was very hot and could have easily shifted momentum had he converted , TBC getting caught holding it absolutely cold, the Finlayson no mark on the outer wing, the Delidio deliberate and the Fantasia advantage getting called back. Even the Fantasia one I’m not completely sure how they adjudicate it. Is it automatically advantage because it was a continuation of play or does he get the benefit of the doubt because he was already in the motion of kicking when the whistle went?

We get reamed so often I’m happy to take it and run.

The umpire mic picked him up saying that he blew the whistle as the kick happened so Raz wouldn't have had time to process whether or not to take the advantage. In that situation they take it back because it is the better of the two outcomes (a behind vs a shot at goal from directly out).

The goal review fail is an absolute farce. We've been on the end of a few poorly umpired games that decided the outcome of games so happy to snag one back but jeez its broken at the moment.

I liked the African version of see the Bombers fly up. They played it after the original version last night.

It’s a ripper.

I think the 6 decisions that GWS can rightfully point to as being pretty ****house are the non review, the htb free given to Begley right before the 3qt siren which was very hot and could have easily shifted momentum had he converted , TBC getting caught holding it absolutely cold, the Finlayson no mark on the outer wing, the Delidio deliberate and the Fantasia advantage getting called back. Even the Fantasia one I’m not completely sure how they adjudicate it. Is it automatically advantage because it was a continuation of play or does he get the benefit of the doubt because he was already in the motion of kicking when the whistle went?

You could also play that game the other way though too, starting with paying that mark that wasn't there to not allow Clarke's first goal.
Also, I think you only named 5 decisions. All of which the umpiring department would sign off on and say they got correct (because umpires that have their names published in the footy record are never wrong).

When we lost to Collingwood I lamented that we were pretenders because we couldn't find a way in spite of the momentum. This win was just what we needed as a team, to give the belief that we can go to another level. They'll be believing in Rutten's strategy, in Woosha's decision making and in each other. Another win like this would be brilliant. Sigh... another win would be brilliant.

Still don't know how we won this. Think if GWS had one of the better coaches in the league they aren't losing games like that.

Might be the artificial pumping up of the tyres that usually happens. Hopefully we can see through it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not how the game works.

McKernan’s goal gave us the belief.
Also gave them a easy hit out in the center rather than under pressure in our forward line where we controlled the game. Either way we're weren't given the game. They folded.

Loved that we sent a signal to the competition that we can now run out games strongly - it puts the pressure on oppo teams to be in front early if they know the Dons are going to come home in the last quarter!! Go Bombers!!

I think this has been a pattern that we continue to come at teams and the game inevitably opens up — Collingwood and Richmond, what was great on Thursday is that the boys brought some pressure and kept in the contest to give themselves a chance. GWS were wasteful at times, but we should have been further in front in the 1st quarter also.

My friendly and sincerely well-meaning advice to you is to watch the replay before sharing your conclusions.

How good was his work to get forward after that. He can run after all!
Great stuff, he went all out and in the post game interview he was still out of breath.

I watched the last quarter again today and he was massive, ragdolled Davis, ran hard and when he didn't clunk them he brought them down.

Plus I got a better look at Shiel and his work in close was sublime at times. The midfield in general went into overdrive.

Great stuff, he went all out and in the post game interview he was still out of breath.

I watched the last quarter again today and he was massive, ragdolled Davis, ran hard and when he didn't clunk them he brought them down.

Plus I got a better look at Shiel and his work in close was sublime at times. The midfield in general went into overdrive.

Starting to hit straps Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back