Preview RND 16 - Carlton v Freo Saturday July 3rd 7.40pm AEST @ MCG - Team - Post #526

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope people realise Teague is playing the best team he thinks can perform over the WHOLE game.. Alot of us would like more kids, but are they ready? MC think not obviously.. BUT ... Read this, which is weird even writing... IF we beat Freo, We are 1 game out of the final 8....... So maybe, just maybe he is actually doing the right thing...
Trouble is that philosophy saw us fail last year by trusting in a more mature team that faded badly latter part of the year .
I also wouldnt be looking at ladder position as its clearly a hot contest for the last place in the 8
We are 5-9 which isnt acceptable at this stage of our rebuild we have also gone without beating a top 8 side .
This isnt progress 6 years into a rebuild if you cant make progress as a rebuilding team up the ladder we need to see progress with some individuals within the team coming on .
Weve seen progress in our stars Walsh Weitering Mckay which was always going to happen imo and Stocker looks good but there arent many others that have shown real improvement .
Just the 1 debutant at this stage of the year isnt great .
So if we continue not to blood any more new players or just a game here or there .
Whilst retaining the likes of Newnes Murphy and Casboult in the side stumble to 8 wins for the year Teague is or should be writing his ticket out of a coaching job imo .

Trouble is that philosophy saw us fail last year by trusting in a more mature team that faded badly latter part of the year .
I also wouldnt be looking at ladder position as its clearly a hot contest for the last place in the 8
We are 5-9 which isnt acceptable at this stage of our rebuild we have also gone without beating a top 8 side .
This isnt progress 6 years into a rebuild if you cant make progress as a rebuilding team up the ladder we need to see progress with some individuals within the team coming on .
Weve seen progress in our stars Walsh Weitering Mckay which was always going to happen imo and Stocker looks good but there arent many others that have shown real improvement .
Just the 1 debutant at this stage of the year isnt great .
So if we continue not to blood any more new players or just a game here or there .
Whilst retaining the likes of Newnes Murphy and Casboult in the side stumble to 8 wins for the year Teague is or should be writing his ticket out of a coaching job imo .

Most of what you say is spot on however don’t underestimate not having Charlie available and injuries to key players which have hampered their performance IE:Fish,Martin,Mitch etc and TDK missing the first 6 weeks.

Also adding Zac and Saad into our team needs time for cohesion which has been lacking all year.

Whilst I don’t know if Teague should go on or if Lyon is the answer,this year has been a bit of a mess all round.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most of what you say is spot on however don’t underestimate not having Charlie available and injuries to key players which have hampered their performance IE:Fish,Martin,Mitch etc and TDK missing the first 6 weeks.

Also adding Zac and Saad into our team needs time for cohesion which has been lacking all year.

Whilst I don’t know if Teague should go on or if Lyon is the answer,this year has been a bit of a mess all round.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes good point (injuries) unfortunately you could probably say the same for the last 4 seasons tbh .
But it also brings up another issue why have we been playing the style of football under Teague whilst not having key pieces in the side especially in the forwardline ? .
Our mostly all out attack has been a coaching fail imo the lack of development in others also falls back on the football department .
Its a critical few weeks for Teague but i dont think he should be judged solely on wins but on how our younger players finish the season and whether he bloods more .
If we arent winning this year we still need to be setting ourselves up for advancement next year .
Seeing Kennedy in the middle play well has been good will SPS get more mid time Honey Ramsay Obrien ?.
A reason why i thought we should have continued with no Casboult and a make shift relief ruck .
Given the reserves season has been a stop start shemozzle with a late start to the regular season which wouldnt have made it easy to be consistent .
I believe they should have debuted Honey and Ramsay by now .
We shall see in time .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD umpire blaming has started

Did they miss a decision 7 hours out?

Keep a look out for this guy tonight :laughv1:

Nathan-Williamson2.jpg

If we cant win this ....
Fremantle supporters are saying the same - realistically we are both at similar points in our rebuild with more expectation lumped on us of course.

If either side are serious about seizing that vulnerable 8th spot then they have to win today. It should be a good contest, I really hope people here are right and Cas shows something. Would love for him to shut me up and slot a few.

Fremantle supporters are saying the same - realistically we are both at similar points in our rebuild with more expectation lumped on us of course.

If either side are serious about seizing that vulnerable 8th spot then they have to win today. It should be a good contest, I really hope people here are right and Cas shows something. Would love for him to shut me up and slot a few.
Will not be ideal conditions for Levi tonight, however I do understand that TDK does need help with Freo having two decent rucks. Cas has had a poor year form wise no doubt. Just think some of the criticism's have been over the top. Has been having his bung knee drained every week and playing under duress is not really the way to go. Of course with our injuries, they probably did not have many other options.
It seems now that Levi is moving better and I hope he has a good one, no doubt the bloke always gives it his all.
Big game for Willo as well. The MC have shown faith, now time to deliver. Always liked him and I reckon he will.
Blues by 5 points.

Your comment about club and media doesn’t come as a surprise, most organisations with nous track commentary in the public media/social media/forums, knowledge about members is critical for their business.
Out of curiosity which current players does Carlton big footy sponsor?

We don't. The club pulled the rug out from under us with our longstanding Kreuzer sponsorship and we walked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back