Preview RND 16 - Carlton v Freo Saturday July 3rd 7.40pm AEST @ MCG - Team - Post #526

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad Willo is getting another crack. He definitely has AFL level qualities and in the right system I think he can be a great addition to the team.
For those who have actually watched his VFL games please recognise the utter rabble that side is. Willo is being played out of position to cover deficiencies within the side. The defence is under constant pressure and structure is non existent. Willo definitely has the capacity for the odd brain fade but he is tough, physical and I never have reason to doubt his effort. Some qualities I wish our whole list had.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stop defending Cas - 5.4 hit outs per game. Would rather Cripps and JSOS compete.

Honey could easily kick a snag or two, even with Owies and Betts around him. This team sheet is unacceptable. I hope we get done by 10 goals.

Seriously??

No, Bolton went off the rails, lost sight that winning is still important, and lost the players. Losing the players is not coaching for the future.

Teague has failed to deliver the results he should be. He should have worked out that it's failing (we're 5-9 ffs) and reassessed the best way to go forward. But instead he's doubled down on a failing path.

Let me put it this way - you may be right, but there's no way to know for sure.

I won't blame Teague for taking a conservative approach at selection when I don't know what expectations are being placed on him.

Nor could I blame him for selecting a team he thinks has the best chance of winning when taking a risk on untried kids could result in a career-ending loss.

I don't want Levi in the side, but Charlie isn't right yet, while Gov, OMac and Pitto are injured.

I'd love to see Kemp, Honey, Carroll, Ramsay etc. get a go, but I don't want to flood the team with kids. We don't learn much about them if we field a disorganised side with a disfunctional structure, it's setting them up for failure.

Willo got a spot instead. Meh - he's another kid with a bit of mongrel and plenty of ability, albeit he's struggled for form of late. He's also got more experience playing alongside the senior defensive unit. Will wait and see what job he's given on Saturday before crucifying the selectors.

On tv last week Williamson looked very very ordinary -- Ramsay had possesions but was wayward in disposal .. must be one last look Williamson or he gets the chop as parks is a long way off also .. honestly thought teague would give one of his young brigade a go honey Ramsay kemp or Carroll .. but as I said last week he is prepared to go down the same way he got in ..cripps sole captain is a bonus

A bit condescending there Elmer.

Some people deserve it, actively stating that they hope that our club loses on the weekend is disgraceful.

Newman and Williamson coming in makes sense for Doc and Williams down back.
Willo might be out of form but would rather he come in to fill the gap than send SPS back again.

Levi in playing against 2 big ruckman also makes sense instead of throwing TDK and JSOS to the wolves. I think Levi will have a good game now he should be well rested and over some of the knee issues.

Hopefully Honey is the sub and we get a big win!

Willo got a spot instead. Meh - he's another kid with a bit of mongrel and plenty of ability, albeit he's struggled for form of late. He's also got more experience playing alongside the senior defensive unit. Will wait and see what job he's given on Saturday before crucifying the selectors.

The thing is, aside from fans wanting kids to get a go, selection integrity is really important and it has been terrible at our club this year. It damages team morale. We might lose players because of it.

Teague has consistently backed certain players despite form, and this week is another example. It's not a one-off.

Stop defending Cas - 5.4 hit outs per game. Would rather Cripps and JSOS compete.

Honey could easily kick a snag or two, even with Owies and Betts around him. This team sheet is unacceptable. I hope we get done by 10 goals.

What a s**t post, hoping we lose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m glad Willo is getting another crack. He definitely has AFL level qualities and in the right system I think he can be a great addition to the team.
For those who have actually watched his VFL games please recognise the utter rabble that side is. Willo is being played out of position to cover deficiencies within the side. The defence is under constant pressure and structure is non existent. Willo definitely has the capacity for the odd brain fade but he is tough, physical and I never have reason to doubt his effort. Some qualities I wish our whole list had.

Like some other comments very disappointing selections, Williamson's form has dropped away over the past 18 months and Casboult may be there for structure but his form over the past year has been ordinary at best.

The selection panel & coach in survival mode not giving young untried players some opportunities is disappointing.

I really wouldn't have picked Williamson this week based on form but gees, I hope he turns out a BOG performance this week after reading so much of the diatribe in here. Some people have forgotten what it means to be a supporter. Whether you agree with someone being in or not once the team is selected back them in. I'm still shocked that somebody claiming to be a fan could hope that their team loses a game.

Give him a break...
Obviously loves the club and is quite upset, where we are at...

Why are you baiting him...

You have no idea, however upset anyone ever is, I've never heard someone say that they hope we lose, you obviously are trolling.

On tv last week Williamson looked very very ordinary -- Ramsay had possesions but was wayward in disposal .. must be one last look Williamson or he gets the chop as parks is a long way off also .. honestly thought teague would give one of his young brigade a go honey Ramsay kemp or Carroll .. but as I said last week he is prepared to go down the same way he got in ..cripps sole captain is a bonus

Of the guys who missed out only Honey looks ready, I would have liked to see him get a go. Strong, fast and plays with intent. Maybe no space structurally.
Carroll is seriously exciting but is a long way off physically.
I want to be excited about Ramsey but he looks to me like a really good VFL player. Mid minutes at AFL level require some special traits. Have yet to see it.
Kemp needs time to get some touch and confidence. If he gets a call up this year it will be very late in the year.

I'm not going to comment on selection, other than Cas in is a no-brainer to me, but FMD we have posters on here actively hoping we lose by 10 goals, 100 points, whatever. Posters calling for the sacking of the coach, posters claiming more knowledge of the intent of the MC and coaching staff than umpires have with the deliberate oob decisions.

I get that people want success and change. I get that we are sick of being shite. I do not get "supporters" bagging the club they claim to "support"

The thing is, aside from fans wanting kids to get a go, selection integrity is really important and it has been terrible at our club this year. It damages team morale. We might lose players because of it.

Teague has consistently backed certain players despite form, and this week is another example. It's not a one-off.

But that's not what is happening here, is it.

Newman holds his spot after a strong performance.

Levi comes in because he is literally the only tall forward/ruck support we have fit. And like it or not, Freo are a side who warrant playing with a genuine second tall forward/ruck, while Adelaide last week were not.

And Willo has been out of the side for some time. He's not a favourite who is getting picked every week despite poor form. He's not a coach's favourite. He is an attacking defender who has been playing as a makeshift key defender by necessity.

Ramsay has been playing more on and ahead of the ball. Kemp is a more like for like alternative, and is only a few games back from a long injury layoff.

The only one that annoys me is the omission of Honey. But again, I don't know if that's solely on Teague or if Power wants him held back longer for his own good. I'd love to see him in for Fogarty, but there's still a few months for that to eventuate so I'm not going to lose my cool over it this week.

Willow got beaten solidly by a tradie last weekend. Disgraceful decision

Selection committee is a debacle. How do you reckon anybody else playing last weekend feels seeing Willow rewarded for his non effort?

We really make our own bed

Missed you cookie, what did you think after last week's win after predicting a loss

Some people deserve it, actively stating that they hope that our club loses on the weekend is disgraceful.
Sadly it is the sort of rubbish we see too often on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back