Preview RND 16 - Carlton v Freo Saturday July 3rd 7.40pm AEST @ MCG - Team - Post #526

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Levi played most of the early season injured due to our lack of tall options?

To then complain about his output when he was playing in this condition to help the team is a little tough. I think in pervious seasons his output as the second ruck and forward/defender has been fine. I would back this selection in, now that he has had some time to hopefully get over his injury issues.
Levis output individually has been OK in the past, but I think it's less than the output of an extra runner and takes away from the highest level of performance this team can operate at in this system with a runner instead of the tall.

I hope he kicks a bag and rucks well, I'm just worried dekoning will get lost as he did when pitto rucked and we'll run out of legs even faster than we have been.

I feel like people have been saying this for a decade.
The reality is in approx. 20% of his over 150 games of AFL he has shown any semblance of this.

At no stage in his career has he been anything more than a list clogger, and it is a blight on our club that 10 years later he is still not only on the list, but being selected.

The good bloke, and great club man stuff whilst maybe true, just doesn't put points on the board to win games.
“At no stage”? He’s not a superstar, but he was terrific playing in defence in 19, you’ve completely ignored this.

Levis output individually has been OK in the past, but I think it's less than the output of an extra runner and takes away from the highest level of performance this team can operate at in this system with a runner instead of the tall.

I hope he kicks a bag and rucks well, I'm just worried dekoning will get lost as he did when pitto rucked and we'll run out of legs even faster than we have been.
Levi's selection should not change the amount of time TDK spends in the ruck and hopefully will prevent H being double teamed. They need to maintain separation.

Hopefully Levi getting his hands on the ball in the 2s will have improved his confidence.

It's clear that Teague is putting more faith in experienced players who also have their futures on the line.

This review is threatening his job so he's not selecting for the future at the moment.

It's clear that Teague is putting more faith in experienced players who also have their futures on the line.

This review is threatening his job so he's not selecting for the future at the moment.

Not sure you would change many selections based on selecting for the future. Not sure there is a kid sitting the VFL screaming, pick me.

Do they though?
Both in their second year, managed 1 game between them. There are a lot of harsh list management calls on players like that, especially if we're bringing in a new Head of Footy or Coach.
Yep. Some players in their second year last year virtually had the second year ruined via Co-Vid and no real reserves games to play in. Still got delisted.

Not sure you would change many selections based on selecting for the future. Not sure there is a kid sitting the VFL screaming, pick me.

I'm more addressing those who want Honey and Ramsay in.

Sorry if I've missed a previous post, but does anyone know what's going on with broadcasting for this game?
I've checked AFL site and it only lists Kayo, ABC radio, Triple M radio and Footy Nation radio as options.
Surely Fox Footy will have it if it's on Kayo? They're basically the same thing.
Problem is, only last night's game and tonight's shows Fox Footy or Ch7 free to air as options. Every other game shows Kayo or radio.

View attachment 1169102
Yes. It is showing in my fox guide. Not main afl channel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if his reasons are the latter I’d assume it will reflect negatively on him.

Yeah well, Bolton coached for the future ...

It's what won him the job originally and he saw first hand playing the youth oust Bolton - among other things.

I think he's reverting to type for sure.

Got my tickets. I missed our last win in Melbourne (vs Crows) cause I was partying at AAMI Park watching my beloved Melbourne City Boys lift their first toilet seat, am now feeling really bullish about this game.

Is it okay to boo Fyfe btw ? :)

This isn't how you select a team or coach sport.

Maybe the Australian cricket team should go into the first ashes test with 2 wicket keepers and 5 fast bowlers in case someone gets injured.

Who needs batsmen right, weve gotta be prepared for injury. Much more important than team balance...
agree with ur point though ironically Australia does go in with two wicketkeepers most of the time;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back