Preview RND 16 - Carlton v Freo Saturday July 3rd 7.40pm AEST @ MCG - Team - Post #526

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
this season in t he vfl from what ive seen,he's been getting a bit ahead of himself, very paul bower-esque running himself into trouble a few times a match.

significant regression from his breakout year.
People seem to forget Willo has missed a lot of footy. People need to be patient with him before we see the best of him. Another 12 to 18 months of playing footy will be good for him to find his best footy and keep developing from there.

Levis output individually has been OK in the past, but I think it's less than the output of an extra runner and takes away from the highest level of performance this team can operate at in this system with a runner instead of the tall.

I hope he kicks a bag and rucks well, I'm just worried dekoning will get lost as he did when pitto rucked and we'll run out of legs even faster than we have been.
I agree I thought we ran out the game well and maintained pressure in the last quarter
That’s why I thought Honey for SOS could have worked Honey is actually not that small for a small forward.
He’s fast and can get separation as a lead up spreading the defence but also provide pressure with his tackles and pace

“At no stage”? He’s not a superstar, but he was terrific playing in defence in 19, you’ve completely ignored this.
2019 was two years ago. And I did say he's been good in approx 20% of his afl games

If it was for the last half of 2019 I would have lowered that to 10%.

But thanks for proving my point. (BTW, we've also picked him for a forward ruck role rather than defence where he's was apparently the second coming of Glen Jackovich)

Last edited:
Sorry if I've missed a previous post, but does anyone know what's going on with broadcasting for this game?
I've checked AFL site and it only lists Kayo, ABC radio, Triple M radio and Footy Nation radio as options.
Surely Fox Footy will have it if it's on Kayo? They're basically the same thing.
Problem is, only last night's game and tonight's shows Fox Footy or Ch7 free to air as options. Every other game shows Kayo or radio.

View attachment 1169102

Fox Sports3 from 7.30pm.

:sickv1:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-29-at-12.02.01-pm.png

I take from your response Bolton should still be coach!

Nope. I'm open-minded as to things that have happened there. We needed a circuit breaker at the time.

I'm actually defending Teague's right to choose the path of his own salvation/demise.

|
Nope. I'm open-minded as to things that have happened there. We needed a circuit breaker at the time.

I'm actually defending Teague's right to choose the path of his own salvation/demise.

Unfortunately Teague is now put in a really difficult position to coach for the now/wins instead of the future.

If the club had the balls to publicly come out and categorically state Teague will definitely still be coaching in 2022, we would be seeing more kids blooded for sure.

He literally cannot win with some supporters here.
In his position, most of us would do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

|

Unfortunately Teague is now put in a really difficult position to coach for the now/wins instead of the future.

If the club had the balls to publicly come out and categorically state Teague will definitely still be coaching in 2022, we would be seeing more kids blooded for sure.

He literally cannot win with some supporters here.
In his position, most of us would do the same.
Rumours have said that Teague has 4 weeks to save his job. Of course he is going to go back to the devil he knows and hope for a late 2019 run.

So the fact we take more marks more often inside F50 without Levi in the team means what to you? We had our most efficient game marking inside F50 of the season last week with Harry one out and mobile mid/smalls around him getting out of his and
I've been toying with the idea of Stocker to Fyfe.
Is he fit/strong/able enough?
Liam Ryan towelled up stocker in the air. Fyfe is a fair bit better than Ryan in the air. Wouldn't want to see him get crucified here

In case of emergency break the plowman glass.

Rumours have said that Teague has 4 weeks to save his job. Of course he is going to go back to the devil he knows and hope for a late 2019 run.

I think that is terrible form from the club and it's board if true. Surely they should know by now if Teague is our coach going forwards or not.

If your mail is accurate, I have nothing but contempt for the board and CEO whom I previously respected.

We never change or modernised to the modern game.

How can you honestly expect a young coach to perform miracles with an overrated and problematic list in only 2 and a half years in charge.

We are almost back to John Elliott dark days of incompetent board management.

David Teague deserves far better than what this club and supporters have given him.

We are pretty much run like 20st Century St Kilda these days.

God awful team selections. Williamson who has been getting fairly mediocre reviews from our 2nds coach and Casboult who is a liability at AFL level. More mediocre older players keep their spot like Newnes.

Meanwhile Honey is playing well and Ramsay has been killing it. Both are young players who possess all the qualities our team desperately needs.

Our coach hasn't got a clue. Our selections are absolutely baffling, his decision making is baffling. I'm not sure what he's try to achieve prioritising older mediocre players ahead of talented young players with higher ceilings.

Lucky for us Freo are a mediocre side we have been beating recently.

I think that is terrible form from the club and it's board if true. Surely they should know by now if Teague is our coach going forwards or not.

If your mail is accurate, I have nothing but contempt for the board and CEO whom I previously respected.

We never change or modernised to the modern game.

How can you honestly expect a young coach to perform miracles with an overrated and problematic list in only 2 and a half years in charge.

We are almost back to John Elliott dark days of incompetent board management.

David Teague deserves far better than what this club and supporters have given him.

We are pretty much run like 20st Century St Kilda these days.
It's a rumour not a fact.

Keep the toys in the pram till it gets to the fact stage.

Our youngsters developed really well.

Not really my point. I'm just saying that looking too much towards the future cost Bolton his job, so you can kind of understand why Teague is going back to older players with a review hanging over his head.

If the club had the balls to publicly come out and categorically state Teague will definitely still be coaching in 2022, we would be seeing more kids blooded for sure
So by balls you mean stupidity to undermine the review?

They may well have already decided he's staying but to publically announce it before the review findings is stupid. Bloody stupid.

The assertion that he'd be coaching any other way is silly, an assumption. It's more likely and a more simple solution that it'd be exactly the same as it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back