Preview RND 16 - Carlton v Freo Saturday July 3rd 7.40pm AEST @ MCG - Team - Post #526

Status
Not open for further replies.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Keep a look out for this guy tonight :laughv1:

Nathan-Williamson2.jpg

Put SPS down for a couple of holding the ball decisions without any prior opportunity.

:rolleyes:

That is quite depressing. I just cant warm to the white away strip.

I console myself by remembering these efforts against Freo in that white strip....

We should never have to wear it Acey.

We Are The Navy Blues
I would really like the club to stand up and tell the AFL we wear navy blue each week.

I can recall back in the day you wore white shorts when you were the home team and black shorts when you were playing away. :think: It was a long time ago and perhaps it was the other way around. It was only when colour TV came in the black shorts were replaced by colours.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
I would really like the club to stand up and tell the AFL we wear navy blue each week.

I can recall back in the day you wore white shorts when you were the home team and black shorts when you were playing away. :think: It was a long time ago and perhaps it was the other way around. It was only when colour TV came in the black shorts were replaced by colours.

Black shorts home team

White shorts away team

We don't even clash with Freo Acey.

I really don't see the need for 'clash' guernseys. Didn't need them in the days of black and white TV, certainly don't need them now.

The decision to have clash guernseys was a commercial one, they mistakenly thought that Aussies would run out to buy as many versions of the jumper that were released.

Black shorts were home games btw Ace.

Black shorts home team

White shorts away team

We don't even clash with Freo Acey.
I would like to see Freo go back to their original jumper with the white anchor and every colour in the rainbow.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
I really don't see the need for 'clash' guernseys. Didn't need them in the days of black and white TV, certainly don't need them now.

The decision to have clash guernseys was a commercial one, they mistakenly thought that Aussies would run out to buy as many versions of the jumper that were released.

Black shorts were home games btw Ace.

I also remember back in the day, the 2 competing GF Teams had a coin toss to see which Club will wear black/white shorts.

My Hat

All Australian
Aug 18, 2018
My head
AFL Club
Carlton
Were they black shorts for the home team? I thought they were whatever colour matched your top, so we wore navy shorts, Hawthorn wore brown, etc.

Michael Jezz

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2007
collingwood
AFL Club
Carlton
Let me lather on the negativity. The greater the game: expectation, pressure or exposed form of a David Teague coached side, the more likely the capitulation. Carlton's performances when the pressure is on are horrific. The side doesn't win big games, gives up leads and can not win 3 in a row. If we win tonight-it is a small step forward. I will stick to my guns- if the team can win 3 in a row that is improvement over anything we have dished up. A win tonight would be testament to resuccitation. I don't trust my club-yet. Freo by 17 points

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Let me lather on the negativity. The greater the game: expectation, pressure or exposed form of a David Teague coached side, the more likely the capitulation. Carlton's performances when the pressure is on are horrific. The side doesn't win big games, gives up leads and can not win 3 in a row. If we win tonight-it is a small step forward. I will stick to my guns- if the team can win 3 in a row that is improvement over anything we have dished up. A win tonight would be testament to resuccitation. I don't trust my club-yet. Freo by 17 points

What else is new.

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Hope your ok mate :thumbsupv1:

Hope all is as well for you soon, the boys will give this game their best, just got that feeling.

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it, I’m doing ok, being at the footy and hopefully a win will help a bit to lift the mood and also just forget about life for a little bit!

David Sylvian

Club Legend
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for that Michael, chin up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back