Preview Rnd 16 - Carlton v Melbourne Sunday 9th July 3.20PM @ MCG - Final changes post #674

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
15095086_10154685496173334_1310343164376021616_n.jpg

INS & OUTS

Go for it.

Got a good feeling about this game.

Blues by 17!

Mainly would prefer to wait after the Northern blues play, but what the heck.

OUT - Lachie Plowman (Rested), Nick Graham (Omitted), Liam Sumner (Omitted), Simon White (Omitted)

IN - Ed Curnow, Jed Lamb, Ciaran Byrne, Dennis Armfield

FB - Caleb Marchbank, Liam Jones, Jacob Weitering
HB - Ciaran Byrne, Sam Docherty, Kade Simpson
C - Sam Kerridge, Patrick Cripps, David Cuningham
HF - Dale Thomas, Levi Casboult, Ed Curnow
FF - Matthew Wright, Charlie Curnow, Jack Silvagni
R - Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy
I - Jed Lamb, Ciaran Sheehan, Dennis Armfield, Zac Fisher

E - Harry McKay, Nick Graham, Liam Sumner

If E.Curnow has recovered from the bruising, he walks straight back in, however Kerridge looked to have done enough to keep his spot in the side for the moment.
Prefer Lamb in as well. For somebody of that trade to look the most likely to see out, he was really beginning to find his feet.
I reckon we wouldn't have to wait too much longer for Byrne. He might come in for what will be the first time both the Irish Ciarans play together in the same team.
I say bring in Armfield and give him a string of games to see out the year. Let him reach 150 and encourage him to make a decision about trade or retirement. Sounds a little harsh, but we have to move on.

Graham unfortunately omitted along with White. Sumner didn't do much to keep his spot. I'd rest Plowman, as he hasn't reached the same heights as he did earlier in the season.

Very excited for this one, should have beaten them in Rd 2.

What makes me so excited is that they could potentially be missing Viney, Jones, Hogan, Bugg, Tyson, Watts and Garlett from the 22 that played us earlier in the year. That is literally 1/3 of their best 22 out which gives us a big show. In particular, the potential loss of Viney and Tyson weakens their midfield significantly and if we regain Ed Curnow this week it should swing the midfield battle in our favour.

My changes for next week

OUT Sumner, Sheehan, Graham

IN Byrne, SPS and E. Curnow

GO BLUES! :)

Don't mind the remainder of the changes, but resting Lachie isn't necessary.

You don't rest your core veteran players.

Just me speaking the truth. But of all people, it had to be you first to (pardon the pun) jump to Plowman's defence. :p ;)

I think our style matches theirs pretty well, however their demographic and physical maturity might just get them over the line.

That said, they'll be missing a few. Definitely not without a good show.

How many times are they going to tease us with Harry as an emergency? And I'm guessing Byrne gets one more for Northern.

IN: Williamson, Lamb, Curnow

OUT: Sheehan, Sumner, Kerridge

Definitely a game we would feel cofident about given the potential list of outs they may be facing for the game. But that doesn't guarantee us anything.

Would like to see how Marchbank pulls up with his shoulder. Plowman dislocated his finger too so there is potential for ligament damage to show up and that hurts us.

Ed should be back, maybe Lamb but nothing set in stone yet. We need the 8 day break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very winnable with all their injuries

In: Ed Curnow
Out: Nick Graham

Add Dom Tyson to the list

Dees in big trouble. It will be nice to score a win and we have a chance here.

If we were playing a full strength dees I would not be confident.

In: curnow, lamb
Out: white, sumner

No need for white as an extra tall.

I liked the second half setup of Charlie and Weitering on the wings. Keep that one. Sheehan to stay in and hopefully get used more, wasfree outside all day to use that work burner or his.

Mainly would prefer to wait after the Northern blues play, but what the heck.

OUT - Lachie Plowman (Rested), Nick Graham (Omitted), Liam Sumner (Omitted), Simon White (Omitted)

IN - Ed Curnow, Jed Lamb, Ciaran Byrne, Dennis Armfield

FB - Caleb Marchbank, Liam Jones, Jacob Weitering
HB - Ciaran Byrne, Sam Docherty, Kade Simpson
C - Sam Kerridge, Patrick Cripps, David Cuningham
HF - Dale Thomas, Levi Casboult, Ed Curnow
FF - Matthew Wright, Charlie Curnow, Jack Silvagni
R - Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy
I - Jed Lamb, Ciaran Sheehan, Dennis Armfield, Zac Fisher

E - Harry McKay, Nick Graham, Liam Sumner

If E.Curnow has recovered from the bruising, he walks straight back in, however Kerridge looked to have done enough to keep his spot in the side for the moment.
Prefer Lamb in as well. For somebody of that trade to look the most likely to see out, he was really beginning to find his feet.
I reckon we wouldn't have to wait too much longer for Byrne. He might come in for what will be the first time both the Irish Ciarans play together in the same team.
I say bring in Armfield and give him a string of games to see out the year. Let him reach 150 and encourage him to make a decision about trade or retirement. Sounds a little harsh, but we have to move on.

Graham unfortunately omitted along with White. Sumner didn't do much to keep his spot. I'd rest Plowman, as he hasn't reached the same heights as he did earlier in the season.
Not enough love for Plowman

I think our style matches theirs pretty well, however their demographic and physical maturity might just get them over the line.

That said, they'll be missing a few. Definitely not without a good show.

How many times are they going to tease us with Harry as an emergency? And I'm guessing Byrne gets one more for Northern.

IN: Williamson, Lamb, Curnow

OUT: Sheehan, Sumner, Kerridge
His 27 touches, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal going at 74% not good enough for you? Also did a decent job on Sloane. Seeing his and Graham's names already in this thread is ridiculous aswell. Graham had 24 touches, 8 marks going at 75% with only 69% game time. At least try to judge players on their performance and not just preconceived ideas of how good those players are.

Not enough love for Plowman

Don't get fooled. I love Plowman just as much as the next person. But I'm only judging by what I'm seeing.

That is someone playing sore and not looking like the player they were in the first 8 games of the season. I can't constantly excuse him for a below average performance. The line has to be drawn somewhere and player health and welfare shouldn't by any means be ignored.

I personally think a one week break wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Just mentioned that half the Dees team (about 5 players really) are ineligible for selection due to a drinking session, they may be lucky to field a team.

His 27 touches, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal going at 74% not good enough for you? Also did a decent job on Sloane. Seeing his and Graham's names already in this thread is ridiculous aswell. Graham had 24 touches, 8 marks going at 75% with only 69% game time. At least try to judge players on their performance and not just preconceived ideas of how good those players are.

I just went with what I considered to be like for like replacements, with Curnow coming in for him. Kerridge played to his ability today and I'm not critical of his effort - but I do I think Curnow is better and will take that spot if fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back