Preview Rnd 16 - Carlton v Melbourne Sunday 9th July 3.20PM @ MCG - Final changes post #674

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there rules for him and not rules for others? Samo hasn't exactly been consistent...
Consistent in the aspects he's been asked to work on probably. Was only a couple weeks back that I saw him complain to an ump and not bother to get back on the mark - I think that stuff matters more than goals kicked.

Be nice to see the Blues try and open up play at times - play mostly the controlled game we have been playing - but then have bursts to hit scoreboard
We control so much game time but opponents always in the contest as we don't do damage on scoreboard.

SPS & Fish - would love them to get off the leash and run.

Why are there rules for him and not rules for others? Samo hasn't exactly been consistent...

As per usual, coaches have their favourites and Bolton is no different.
What annoys me however, is that they make public statements about earning your place etc., and while certain players bust a gut and give their all, they don't get a look in, while others seem to be given opportunities at will.
Not potting Samo here either but I feel for some others in the VFL currently.

Last edited:
What annoys me however, is that they make public statements about earning your place etc., and while certain players bust a gut and give their all, they don't get a look in, while others seem to be given opportunities at will.
Not pot shorting Samo here either but I feel for some others in the VFL currently.
I wasn't potting Samo either. Totally agree with you.

Not pot shorting Samo here either but I feel for some others in the VFL currently.

A lot easier to bring in running players than big talls like McKay. I'm keen to see him get a go but I have no issue with what they are doing. Samo played a lot of footy last year whilst McKay played none. Also takes talls a lot longer to be AFL ready. He'll get a go at some stage and will be a very good player.

Since when is SPS not fit enough? He's not Pickett or Sumner.
Compared to a small forward such as Garlett or Kent who we play this week nowhere near fit enough to play on those types no . He's been managed twice now and has come off a limited preseason his first preseason . Why do you think hes playing predominently as a forward? . Would want to be very selective who to play him on in defense .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go to every game. I know what I see. One game on. One game off for Samo. Why isn't he playing every week If his fitness is so good? Pickett and Sumner play in the 2nds after they have been dropped. Why aren't they rested altogether?

Last edited:
Go to every game. I know what I see. One game on. One game off for Samo. Why isn't he playing every week If his fitness is so good?

It's not about lack of fitness, its about building a base core that usually takes 3-4 years. SPS doesn't lose his skillful attributes from week to week, its that lack of core strength and layers of fitness that he will build to produce consistency

Go to every game. I know what I see. One game on. One game off for Samo. Why isn't he playing every week If his fitness is so good?

Because he is young and in his first season and kids get sore. Williamson Macreadie even Daisy have been managed

Anyway enough BS. My comment was that playing him as a running defender may be good for his development as well as his fitness. No big deal just my opinion

In backs: McCreadie in for Marchbank and Sheehan stays.( Williamson and Byrne waiting on sidelines nto to mention Alex)
In midfield: Graham out for SPS and Kerridge stays. Clearly Fisher/Cuningham rated higher than Graham. ( still Carlton masively down on real rotations as far as mids go) but Bolton is persisting with playing kids with class and leg speed.
In forwards: A fit and firing Lamb replaces Sumner - no surprises.

btw - where does the SPS is slow meme come from - with ball in hand - OTHER players around him look like they are playing in slow motion - kid is class just needs to develop more endurance and his type of class is better developed in ones - because what he does is create something from nothing. Have never seen him put a team mate in disadvantage by hand or foot - ever. Already levels above Murphy with ball in hand.

Expecting us to make this another dour affair. Reckon the boys will have set themselves for this one after the low acts of hogan and Lewis last time we played. Thinking we are right in this game..

1. The expected wet conditions should be in our favour (we've played pretty well in the wet this year).
2. Kruez to dominate an underdone Gawn around the ground.
3. The in form FB of the Comp to give nightmares to the returning hogan.
4. Our midfield to handle a demons midfield without jones, Viney, Tyson and Salem (who hurt us earlier this year).
5. Kerridge to run with Oliver and minimise his impact.
6. Cripps to dominate.
7. Charlie to take a dozen marks.
8. Levi to take out Lewis in a legitimate marking contest.

Go blues!!

Samo has not been getting alot of the ball lately but when I watch him he's still giving 100% effort and putting on pressure and tackling, even if he does look tired.

McKay on the other hand is sometimes still inconsistent in his efforts especially defensively...that would be the biggest reason he's not getting a game.

Be nice to see the Blues try and open up play at times - play mostly the controlled game we have been playing - but then have bursts to hit scoreboard
We control so much game time but opponents always in the contest as we don't do damage on scoreboard.

SPS & Fish - would love them to get off the leash and run.

I reckon Bolts wants to but our young kids can't sustain that kind of fast play long enough so we can only do it occasionally.

Have seen us go fast sometimes last few weeks and we look good when we do it...but even then the team is spent by midway through last quarter hence our close losses.

Not potting Samo here either but I feel for some others in the VFL currently.

Do those players you feel sorry for have the ability to impact a game like SPS does?

He destroyed the Pies, that's free pass if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back