Preview Rnd 16 - Carlton v Melbourne Sunday 9th July 3.20PM @ MCG - Final changes post #674

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there rules for him and not rules for others? Samo hasn't exactly been consistent...
Think it comes down to structure. We have enough tall forwards to select without Harry. We don't have enough genuine midfielders. We need every single one on the park we can get, really. SPS has a huge ceiling and is backed in to play, but will still get the odd week off when it's needed.

As an example, Barass70 (I think) said that SPS was cooked and needed a rest a couple weeks out from the bye. It was about that time his output dropped off, but we kept selecting him. Then the bye rolls in and we give him an additional week, with possibly a 'foot soreness' or something keeping him out.

Need them quality mids.

Right thing to do for now and when Byrne is ready, White goes out.

McKay stuck in the 2's for now and going to be hard for him to make an impact this week, again.

One goal in a losing game against Port for Big H! Boekhorst BOG for NBs - has responded with two very good games in NBs, albeit losing side on both occasions, since being dropped. Has the recent elevation to the seniors sent the message that there is still hope?

One goal in a losing game against Port for Big H! Boekhorst BOG for NBs - has responded with two very good games in NBs, albeit losing side on both occasions, since being dropped. Has the recent elevation to the seniors sent the message that there is still hope?

There will be hope for many, if for no other reason than we won't be quitting 15 players this year.

Some will be lucky and then have another year to show up.

Why are there rules for him and not rules for others? Samo hasn't exactly been consistent...

Yeah, I reckon Harry would have automatically played a game this year if he had kicked 4+ in a NBs game - that's what you need to see from a forward! I also agree that proposition became less likely after we suffered several injuries (ASOS, Rowe, Williamson, etc.) and then NB midfield stalwarts like Graham and Kerridge were elevated; not a coincidence that NBs have dropped off the pace and Harry has been lucky to score just one goal per match!

Be nice to see the Blues try and open up play at times - play mostly the controlled game we have been playing - but then have bursts to hit scoreboard
We control so much game time but opponents always in the contest as we don't do damage on scoreboard.

SPS & Fish - would love them to get off the leash and run.

Very happy with our team defence and development to this stage, but please, please, O Bountiful Lord, grant us goals in great number for just one week and I will be in raptures and will speak in tongues and announce thy magnificence!

Traditional Carlton supporters grew up on 3rd quarter goal feasts - we NEED goals like a Lothario needs sexual conquests or Shane Warne needs a scandal!

Something is not right about this Bolts statement I just read.
"Our players are human and they understand what went on last time, but our players are not only disciplined, they are professionals."

Weitering ?

Hello!!!!!!

Weitering also has super-bot hypnotic powers - he has been able to subconsciously convince all and sundry at CFC that he is indeed human!

Very happy with our team defence and development to this stage, but please, please, O Bountiful Lord, grant us goals in great number for just one week and I will be in raptures and will speak in tongues and announce thy magnificence!

Traditional Carlton supporters grew up on 3rd quarter goal feasts - we NEED goals like a Lothario needs sexual conquests or Shane Warne needs a scandal!
We were famous for our 3rd quaters when i was a boy back in the mid 70s ..

Harry did kick 1.5 two weeks ago and kicked 1.3 last week. Our inaccuracy at PCO has been hurting us and him for an afl gig. Next week we have ASOS and Willo returning which should give us some defensive depth. I'd say Sheehan return for Byrne next week too.

Harry did kick 1.5 two weeks ago and kicked 1.3 last week. Our inaccuracy at PCO has been hurting us and him for an afl gig. Next week we have ASOS and Willo returning which should give us some defensive depth. I'd say Sheehan return for Byrne next week too.
Why Sheehan and not White? Sheehan has only just won his spot back and was pretty reasonable against Adelaide.

There will be hope for many, if for no other reason than we won't be quitting 15 players this year.

Some will be lucky and then have another year to show up.
Indeed Harker.

I don't think we will cut as deep as 15 but can see about 15 who we will delist next year if not this year.

I think Palmer, Kerridge and Smedts probably have another year on their contracts.

I think Armfield and White will retire. Simpson I think plays 1 more year.

I think Gorringe, Buckley, Jaksch and Boekhorst are definite delists.

I think the next group of delists are Rowe, Graham and Sumner.

Lamb and Thomas I think get 1 year contracts.

Of the rookies, I think Korcheck, JGM and Gallucci will be delisted.

Trading and FA comes into play too. So we might lose Gibbs and Casboult ...

So if I am right, with the 2 retired, the 4 definite delists and Gibbs and Casboult, that makes 8 for the Senior list. The draft is reportedly not strong this year, we have our first round pick and no second round pick at this stage, so it will be interesting to see what approach SOS takes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed Harker.

I don't think we will cut as deep as 15 but can see about 15 who we will delist next year if not this year.

I think Palmer, Kerridge and Smedts probably have another year on their contracts.

So if I am right, with the 2 retired, the 4 definite delists and Gibbs and Casboult, that makes 8 for the Senior list. The draft is reportedly not strong this year, we have our first round pick and no second round pick at this stage, so it will be interesting to see what approach SOS takes.

Gallucci can play but

I know he has had plenty of chances in the ones, but with him looking at a possible delisting/trade at the end of the season, he seems to have pulled his finger out, and really tried to lmprove himself. His pace is vital to the side when he gets going. Lack of impact & timidity in senior games has been his achilled heel, but I would give him one more year to prove himself.

Last edited:
I know he has had plenty of chances in the ones, but with him looking at a possible delisting/trade at the end of the season, he seems to have pulled his finger out, and really tried to lmprove himself. His pace is vital to the side when he gets going. Lack of impact & timidity in senior games has been his achilled heel, but I would give him one more year to prove himself.

Improved but doesn't have the poise and vision to be an AFL player in my opinion. Especially important for Bolton's game style. Still big questions over his ability to work both ways and put his head over the ball consistently.

Indeed Harker.

Yes, but what do you think?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back