AFL Autopsy RND 16: Pussy Whipped

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw that crap in the half time huddle via On the Couch. I have no words.

Actually I have one word.....lame.

Actually I have more words.....so much of what was wrong with it encapsulates us up as a football club.We seem to have no idea about any aspect of what it takes to achieve on-field success. Not one.

Frustrating to watch, our best is good enough but our bad is very ordinary.
It has obviously been a hard season for all players so let's hope our last two games show improvement.

That’s the thing. With the exception of Stringer, none of the players have kids. The separation in QLD wouldn’t have been as complex compared to a lot of players who left their wife and kids at home, in lockdown, in Victoria.

The players could literally just focus on themselves, in a resort, away from restrictions, to improve and commit to football.

IMO they’re too mentally weak and have treated this time as a holiday. I’ve seen nothing from them to show intensity and/or desperation to win.

Much like the players behaviour in the half time huddle, it feels like a joke right now.

That graphic Lloydy put up on Footy Classified regarding the revolving door, in/out policy we have with the leadership group is just a perfect encapsulation of where this club is at.

Lost.

Actually I have more words.....so much of what was wrong with it encapsulates us up as a football club.We seem to have no idea about any aspect of what it takes to achieve on-field success. Not one.
I agree it’s an atrocious look. It looks like they’re taking the p*ss and reminds me of the same attitude the ‘leadership’ guys showed when we lost the Sydney game at the SCG last year. Nothing has changed in 18 months 😒

We’ve been ****ed since X had to apologise to the players for baking them after losing to Brisbane in 2018. Seriously, wtf sort of pea hearts do we have that they can’t take warranted criticism?

Just imagine what Sheeds would have done if he was coaching.

Cold showers
No water at training
Cold dip in the bay at 5 am

Can't do any of that now with OH&S

Yep - We could probably do without a leadership group. Pointless!
Coach and captain - that's it!
Leadership Groups are pointless anyway

Yep the only purpose they serve is for those in authority to abdicate their responsibility to others so they can save face when tough calls are to be made.
Leaders lead regardless of the fact of whether or not they're in a "group". Name a captain, whatever, but is a young player not going to ask advice from Hurley or Saad or whoever because they're not part of some arbitrary group?

Speaking as a bloke that started playing senior cricket as a 17 year old, it was really obvious who to speak to at training or at a game in regards to my bowling and the bloke hadn't captained any side at that point in time for the club.

Leaders lead regardless of the fact of whether or not they're in a "group". Name a captain, whatever, but is a young player not going to ask advice from Hurley or Saad or whoever because they're not part of some arbitrary group?

Speaking as a bloke that started playing senior cricket as a 17 year old, it was really obvious who to speak to at training or at a game in regards to my bowling and the bloke hadn't captained any side at that point in time for the club.

Well said. Lions don't have to tell anyone they are lions.

Still cringing at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been big on this the last few weeks and this just popped up
On screen in the Blues/Swans match

Pretty damning
4a7581c2443bc142f043cce2e9bcbe5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been big on this the last few weeks and this just popped up
On screen in the Blues/Swans match

Pretty damning
4a7581c2443bc142f043cce2e9bcbe5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I reckon it's because our pressure goes to water. When we lose the tackle count, 90% of the time we also lose the game. The inverse is also true.

I reckon it's because our pressure goes to water. When we lose the tackle count, 90% of the time we also lose the game. The inverse is also true.

Also shows that most of the teams best at not having runs of goals against them are sides around the finals mark, GCS being the main exception.

We're seemingly incapable of stopping teams at various points in a game, once it's on their terms we struggle to stop it. Whereas Geelong and Richmond are pretty regularly able to stall play and prevent that happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back