AFL Autopsy RND 16: Pussy Whipped

Remove this Banner Ad

or most of us don't care anymore.

the sun was nice today, i spent the second half in my hammock in the backyard admiring the oiling up i gave the deck (checks to make sure i spelt that correctly....yep).

to **** with this team. this isn't an Essendon side.

Well....there is an element of that, granted. There's only so many f***s any one person has to give at any one time, most are probably reserved for other things at this point.

I'd say even the coaching staff run out of f***s to give around half time when the magnets were span and players were popping up all over the place kicking at goal. That's a far cry from we won't shift, we won't budge from our plan and the way we play, the score board doseht matter rhetoric. That's more hands in the air let's get crazy type of stuff for old mate woosh

Seems Walla is copping it on his socials.
I noticed his twitter account was set to private a couple of days ago already. Not helpful really. You don't need to troll your own bloody players.

Although it is nice to see a lot of support in the replies to the tweet dallascrane posted a ss of.

I noticed his twitter account was set to private a couple of days ago already. Not helpful really. You don't need to troll your own bloody players.

Although it is nice to see a lot of support in the replies to the tweet dallascrane posted a ss of.

Footy is a passionate game and people get upset. We do it here on the forums all the time the big difference is we aren't delivering our criticisms directly, those people have issues.

Last edited:
Not here to bash John, but does he actually talk to players while sitting on the boundary line?? Every shot of him for the last 2 years he just seems to sit there. Shouldn’t he be talking to the players as they come off, reinforcing learnings or something?
Very rarely. Watched the dogs game after ours and Bevo was in the box all game and he spoke to his players on the bench when he came down at the break 30 seconds early more than Woosh did.

My wife got me an Essendon dressing gown and Essendon monopoly for Father’s Day, and now she’s taking the piss out of me for going for such a piss team

Make up your mind woman, stop enabling me to be disappointed by this mob

Pretty stupid to release a version of Monopoly with 28 Old Kent Roads. :(

Walla just tweeted this. Poor bugger. I’m hoping he hasn’t coped a lot of grief on the socials

"Coached to play for each other" That might just be the problem because no one is being arrogant enough to take the game on. If people think Walla's arrogant they have lost the plot.

Footy is a passionate game and people get upset. We do it here on the forums all the time the bug difference is we aren't delivering our criticisms directly, those people have issues.
Yeah, I mean Essendon fans have been called out for going after opposition players a couple of times in the last few games via Instagram particularly. Commenting on their posts, PMing them directly. It would not surprise me one bit if Walla is copping the same from the same.

I don't like it much on the forum either, but at the end of the day they're public figures and what they do on the football field is fair game. At least we're not blowing up their phones with abusive notifications. (And I know at least some of them read the forum. I wish they wouldn't, but hey. Control the controllables.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

😂😂 Could it be they've ju
This was the huddle just before the 3rd quarter apparently
The culture and aura of this club has dwindled to ashes again. To me it has a similar feel to when Knights was at the helm and all hell broke loose. Then the Hird/Bomber combo comes in, builds up the confidence of the members again.......and now we seem to be back in the gutter. Winter is coming...........and it’s gonna be a lonnnggg winter 🥶😥😥

Walla fumbling in front of goal is one thing but he wasn't the only reason we lost by 11 goals. If that was the case he would have been fumbling all over the ground. Geelong pretty much walked past our team.
Our midfield can be man-handled, out muscled around by mature headed bigger bodied outfits that don't get phased by the pressure tactics.

Footy is a passionate game and people get upset. We do it here on the forums all the time the big difference is we aren't delivering our criticisms directly, those people have issues.

It is a passionate game and clubs buy into it. They sell hope, build hype, create excitement and sell memberships and merch. This club is good at it as the next.
You can’t attack and threaten anyone but. However these are extraordinary times and ppl are struggling to contain emotions. It’s not an excuse but maybe a reason why it’s happening a bit more this year.

"Coached to play for each other" That might just be the problem because no one is being arrogant enough to take the game on. If people think Walla's arrogant they have lost the plot.
Playing for each other is one thing - being a stupid farking idiot is another. Other ways to bring others into the game than throwing a goal away. Trade this imbecile.

Playing for each other is one thing - being a stupid farking idiot is another. Other ways to bring others into the game than throwing a goal away. Trade this imbecile.

I'm gathering you would have traded Joey for doing the samething?

It is pretty common in today's game for players to dish off instead of going for goal.

Turn the lights off, lock the doors, come back in 2021.

Today's performance was a steaming pile of doo-doo.

The confusing umpiring (and all season really) just added sprinkles on top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back