Remove this Banner Ad

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Not a fan of good practical umpiring?
:D

Was there another rule I'm not aware of regarding climbing the post?
The one the media quoted - "a clear intention to shake the post" was simply irrelevant to the situation . He certainly had a clear intention to climb the post...I've often wondered if you could use someone to deliberatly vault you into the air to save a goal. I guess that was Rampe's method.

Hird05

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure they are using Dylan Clarke the correct way. The last few weeks they have had him running players in Kelly and Parker who have inside games but are also very good outside runners. His best game against the Blues was when he was matched up on Cripps who plays inside all day when he is in the midfield. They simply need to just find him an inside match up. This week it should have been Kennedy next week it should be Cunnington.
Noticed Langford trying to match up Kennedy and he disposed of him with zero effort. Clark would have been far superior. Snelling in for Langford plz

Of course, clearly we are the AFL Darlings - the most penalised club in the last 10 years - by quite some margin.
Anyway yep - by all means enjoy this, your club's peak, 2 games ahead of us on our bottom out year. Champagne football, should take you far. 😀
lol

IggypopsTshirt

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

Hird05

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Of course, clearly we are the AFL Darlings - the most penalised club in the last 10 years - by quite some margin.
Anyway yep - by all means enjoy this, your club's peak, 2 games ahead of us on our bottom out year. Champagne football, should take you far. 😀
Maybe your team just needs to become less s**t at giving away free kicks. Ps next year is your bottom out year.

Skip Donahue

Debutant
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
As I wasn't able to go or watch any of the game, I have 3 questions and would be grateful to whoever answers:

1) Did Roosy have something to say (which would explain the EAD comments)

2) How was Langford?

And 3) How was Z Clarke?

Terrible game we both deserved to lose if possible.
But...

The League needs some Melbourne teams in the finals - looks like you're in.

p.s. Knoll is doing real well in our ressies, thanks for asking.;)

Was surrounded by Swans sooks yesterday. You give away lots of frees because of crap style of play and fact you’re slow. You seemed to miss Laverde trip right in front. Heeney non mark was bs as well. Allir hold on McKernan probably only one you could query.

Extraordinary that a club that is gift wrapped finals every year by AFL can complain so much.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
That was the worst game of footy I have seen ... since the Collingwood Whorethorne game.

The passage of play that sums it up the best was middle to late in the 2nd quarter. There was a centre bounce and all handpasses from all players from both teams missed the target or were fumbled by the recipient. This went on for 20 disposals until it ended up in a stoppage on a flank.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
As I wasn't able to go or watch any of the game, I have 3 questions and would be grateful to whoever answers:

2) How was Langford?

And 3) How was Z Clarke?

Roosy barracked hard for his beloved Swans as per usual & rarely had anything to say about good Essendon play, should excuse himself from covering Swans games, he is an embarrassment & a real pain to listen.

Langford was okish, wouldnt surprise if he's dropped though.

Clarke sucked major dogs balls for 90% game time, Allir ran rings around him all day. To his credit he did a couple good things late which helped in part secure the victory. He plays next week, we have no one else.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Observations:
- I’ll take the win, ugly though it was. Swans have been in reasonable form.
- The Allir stuff was interesting. Not sure Z Clarke is entirely to blame for the clearances we were conceding to him.
- Roos was barracking, it was terrible.
- The skill level was terrible.
- I have long held a theory that the ball can sometimes float and move through the air a little differently at the MCG. Yesterday seemed like one of those days.
- Smack is a good player now
- Redman is excellent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory

2) How was Langford?

And 3) How was Z Clarke?
You have 3 ordinaries,

Skip Donahue

Debutant
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Roosy barracked hard for his beloved Swans as per usual & rarely had anything to say about good Essendon play, should excuse himself from covering Swans games, he is an embarrassment & a real pain to listen.

Clarke sucked major dogs balls for 90% game time, Allir ran rings around him all day. To his credit he did a couple good things late which helped in part secure the victory. He plays next week, we have no one else.
Thanks for answering, I was really hoping Langford n Clarke would have good games, but Clarke getting dominated by a defender in the ruck is hard to justify :(

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon

In fairness to Roos (who is a tosser) the networks often bring in past players or coaches of one of the teams to provide special comments. If it weren't Roos it would have been Kirk or Jude Bolton. I would have preferred O'Loughlin. It's a network decision to play to a tough Sydney market. Maybe Roos is purposely biased.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

2) How was Langford?

And 3) How was Z Clarke?
1. Roosy was terribly biased. I don't think I need to add anything else
2. Langford was incredibly fumbly and ineffective until the last quarter. Basically the exact same game he played against GWS
3. It would have been better to have Z Clarke off the ground for the first 3 quarters. Had a good 10-minute patch in the last, but never again territory for me. Aliir basically roved all of his shallow taps and became an extra midfielder. Also hit the straight down the throat of Aliir or a Sydney multiple times.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Hate to say it but rubbish free to McKernan, three sitters missed and two advantages that robbed the Swans of relatively simply set shots.

Granted that a side must take its opportunities but that game was played as a loss (just as last week was). There was little to nothing good to come of it. We couldn't even contrive a centre square set up to take advantage of the Alir not even contesting the ball ups and the Swans' mids just brushed ours aside.

I shake my head at the idea a side can be so bad but still win games (two in a row at that).

We're in dangerous territory. The competition is s**t and we might make finals. Does anyone seriously want to continue with this rubbish for another 18 months?

We’ve been robbed by umpires and lost games and want to complain now we’re on the right side of the ledger and win you want to complain.. fmd Bruno, chill, crap a paper and enjoy the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skip Donahue

Debutant
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
1. Roosy was terribly biased. I don't think I need to add anything else
2. Langford was incredibly fumbly and ineffective until the last quarter. Basically the exact same game he played against GWS
3. It would have been better to have Z Clarke off the ground for the first 3 quarters. Had a good 10-minute patch in the last, but never again territory for me. Aliir basically roved all of his shallow taps and became an extra midfielder. Also hit the straight down the throat of Aliir or a Sydney multiple times.
Thanks for the info

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Was ugly, putrid skills at times. Lots of players down but we have scraped out 2 wins that we normally lose.

We have a little gap on teams below us & play a few teams above. Ball firmly in our court now.

Confidence in running out games is building.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Hate to say it but rubbish free to McKernan, three sitters missed and two advantages that robbed the Swans of relatively simply set shots.

Granted that a side must take its opportunities but that game was played as a loss (just as last week was). There was little to nothing good to come of it. We couldn't even contrive a centre square set up to take advantage of the Alir not even contesting the ball ups and the Swans' mids just brushed ours aside.

I shake my head at the idea a side can be so bad but still win games (two in a row at that).

We're in dangerous territory. The competition is s**t and we might make finals. Does anyone seriously want to continue with this rubbish for another 18 months?
I can’t disagree with this. Is coming 7th-8th really what we’d be satisfied with if we get there?

It’s a moot point but a good team would’ve won round 2 against St Kilda and round 8 against Sydney. We’d be 4th and having a different conversation. It’s not to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back