Game Day Rnd 17 - Carlton v Adelaide Game Day Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacks confedience and looks lost.

I think the coaching staff should consider putting him behind the ball, on the hb flank to regain feel and confedience.

Our own thylacine60 suffered from a lack of confedience back in 1901. No confidence in the confederation of Australia at all.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
A quick effort, not taking into account all sorts of other variables, but:

Carlton's average winning margin over the past 5 years: 17 points. The vast majority (72%) are 20 points or less: 21 wins <20points (or equal to), 8 wins >21pts. (82% of wins 27pts or less).

This year, avg winning margin: 15points. Take out the Dogs game and it's 9 points.

Last time we won by 80+ points: 85pts v StKilda, July 6, 2014.

Probability not my strong suit, but obviously going to need something out of the ordinary to close the % gap to teams above us.. and something particularly extraordinary to close the gap with Melbourne!

Don't even want to start down the likelihood of simply winning :smile:

Percentage won't help us much now. Need to win our last two and have Melbourne lose next week.

Then need WB to lose at least one of their last two. Ideally GWS lose next week as well.

Only percentage gaps we have a realistic chance of making up are GWS and WB.

30pt collective margin in our two wins gets us north of 100%.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
McGovern’s contribution is a concern now and going forward.
His timing, feel for the ball plus positioning in contests makes him look like an u18’s footballer. Lacks confedience and looks lost.
His assets are great leg speed, excellent mark and a penetrating kick.
I think the coaching staff should consider putting him behind the ball, on the hb flank to regain feel and confedience.
Generally the whipping doèsnt start till the first bounce but whipping boy's need whipping hey.

Rustica

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Bull Racing F1
Media already banging on about Crows.. might as well come out and say you all want the Crows to win 🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back