Preview Rnd 17 - Carlton v Adelaide Sunday 13th Sept 1.05PM @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin obviously enough. McGovern was a non factor, Cuningham looked miles off it...no zip at all. Owies would be unlucky, but may make way.

Eddie, Gibbons, Kennedy and LOB.

Out: Mcgovern
In: Betts

For those that have said drop cottrell already or may say it later. Think about team dynamics, internal standards and culture. He runs harder than anyone else, brings that energy and passion and kicked a match winner. Think of the flow on effect if you drop a player after that. Idiotic, horrendous team management. Besides, he was fine and is learning the wing role really well, it's not often you have a young winger who can gut run all game and enjoys the defensive side of the game.

Apart from Crows actually winning their last 2 games, i'm worried about the extra rest they've had coming into this game.

Including this upcoming round, our breaks between games over the last 3 weeks will have been 4/5/5...3 games in 14 days.
Crows on the other hand had a bye so it ends up being 10/7/5...3 games in 22 days.

The only thing that tilts it back our way a bit is that they have to fly from Adelaide to GC.

But still, I can see them having more run.

In: Betts, Gibbons, Kennedy, O'Brien
Out: Owies, Cuningham, McGovern, Martin

Unlucky Owies, but others have had their break.
Cameo Cuningham out for balance
Bam Bam offers so much more than the Governess
LOB deserves a game, vitriol on this board on the back of Dow's underwhelming efforts, (posters want to link the two) and I can't see Martin getting up after being in some doubt for today.

I agree with Mr Plow that Teague would rather cut off a few limbs than drop The Gov, but Gov may just about have made it impossible for him not to.

He just doesn't get the ball. He is like Tomlinson. They just do nothing game after game after game. I'm sure Teague wants him in, i want/wanted him in....but he really can't be picked with his constant output.
Maybe 1 last chance against the ol mob Adelaide in Brisbane. If he can't get a kick against them up there then torch him for the last round and plan around him next year until he forces your hand with performance at the lower level.

OUT: McGovern, Cottrell, Newnes (rest), Martin (calf), Ed (rest)
IN: Ramsay, O'Brien, Gibbons, Betts, Dow

EMG:
Pittonet, McGovern, Philp, Honey

Newnes was out there basically all game, so he gets a spell for sure. Ed's numbers have been dropping, so I assume he'll get managed this week. McGovern has to go, and Martin is injured.

Ramsay vs McGovern's marking prowess aside, the players coming in overall cover for the players going out. Some will say replace McGovern with Kennedy, but he'll just drag down our forward pressure and have to play deep while the rest of the team picks up his slack. Get the kid in to add something to the outside midfield mix and to buzz around up forward. I can see him, Murphy and Fisher linking up well in the attacking half of the ground, and Owies and Betts will pressure opposition zones with their leads.

Out: Mcgovern
In: Betts

For those that have said drop cottrell already or may say it later. Think about team dynamics, internal standards and culture. He runs harder than anyone else, brings that energy and passion and kicked a match winner. Think of the flow on effect if you drop a player after that. Idiotic, horrendous team management. Besides, he was fine and is learning the wing role really well, it's not often you have a young winger who can gut run all game and enjoys the defensive side of the game.
He had 3 disposals to 3/4 time (0 and 1 in the 2nd and 3rd quarter) and managed 4 turnovers (3 of them unforced errors) and another inefficient kick out 9 disposals by the end of the match. One tackle, eight pressure acts, 2 spoils. What happened is that he got put a bit more on-ball and he scrambled a couple of clearances but generally just ran forward with the ball carrier and burned our I50 entries.

I could make an argument for him being one of the 5 worst performing players on the ground.

Morale of the players trying to push for selection should be considered alongside what he produced for his first 60 minutes of game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back