Preview Rnd 17 - Carlton v Footscray Sunday 16th July - 3.20PM @ MCG - Final Team Post #339

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that the mc is giving our 'most likely to go' a last chance to show what they have to offer - they may potentially show something that convinces the club to give them another year (even as a rookie) or another club to approach them as a dfa. Not sure that was their reasoning, though.

Though I think I would have preferred the freebie games to be given to our young'uns to give them a taste.

Someone posted that after the bye round the MC was going to look at all our list at senior level as to whether they remain on the list.

Boekhurst, Sumner, white, Sheehan, lamb and now Buckley have been selected since. I would expect Jaksch to get a run before seasons end too.

At this stage only lamb looks likely to remain..

Buckley is frustrating. He has some elite attributes. Leg speed, hardness, long kicking. But his decision-making and discipline is the let down. If he can't develop a capacity to play structures and keep his head he will go.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Buckley is frustrating. He has some elite attributes. Leg speed, hardness, long kicking. But his decision-making and discipline is the let down. If he can't develop a capacity to play structures and keep his head he will go.

I think we all agree, we just haven't seen him in this season, I'd add he has no left foot... I hope he towels up JJ & has a good game

Cripps is the type of player where if injured you change almost the whole structure of the midfield.

expect Doc to spend more time in the middle and i would like to see SPS more in the middle. provides tackling pressure and is calm and can find space.

we need another target up forward. Cas whilst the best contested mark in the game and gives us structure doesn't do enough as your power forward to kick 4-5 goals.

Gibbs to go with Bontempelli

I like that the mc is giving our 'most likely to go' a last chance to show what they have to offer - they may potentially show something that convinces the club to give them another year (even as a rookie) or another club to approach them as a dfa. Not sure that was their reasoning, though.

Though I think I would have preferred the freebie games to be given to our young'uns to give them a taste.

Yeah - I get the feeling Bolton is doing the rotating thing - now with Ed/Cripps out the midfield is shot - may as well try 'em and see how they go. Williamson/Cuningham and even Polson out there are fewer longer term options to develop available to be picked.

I get the feeling Bolton is going 'full Hawthorn' with Harry - keep him in 2's developing until he is properly ready to make an impact from game 1 in AFL.

He has no agility or sideways movement, he just gets it and can only sprint forwards, not around anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This weeks wish list:

1. Fisher to get more than 20 possessions.........same as last week.
2. Jones to take mark of the week....................same as last week.
3. Boekhorst to have at least 6 score assists.
4. Byrne just to get through the game well.
5. Gibbs to clock up his value.

.........and a win.

This weeks wish list:

.........and a win.

Charlie plucking another 10.

It's a given.

Losing a player in the first quarter and fighting for a gallant 12 point loss a man down.

A team without Cripps .. a worry
A team with Kerridge, Graham, Buckley and Boekhurst ... a massive worry - all butcher the ball

ASOS straight back in is a win.

Thank god this game is at the G and not the Dome.

Dogs will either crumble as their season ends with us - or click and remember how good they are and touch us up.
Blues by 10 or Dogs by 40+

This weeks wish list:

.........and a win.
Rising star nom for Fisher would be lovely too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back