Game Day RND 17 - Carlton v Geelong Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question: who in absolute fu** are we supposed to blame instead?

He decides what we train. He decides how we kick, how much we run, our structure, who does what. He puts Stocker behind the ball, selected the players. He selected Setterfield.

David Teague did all this. No-one else did it for him. He did it. He is the head coach.

Goalkicking has been an issue for his entire career as head coach. Tell me why I cannot blame him for it.
Sadly our flaky goal kicking was often an issue preceding Teague.

Sadly our flaky goal kicking was often an issue preceding Teague.
Even more reason he should've done something about it. It really isn't complicated. You get players to invent a routine, you make sure it's workable, you get them to write it down, then replicate it at training till its 2nd nature. Harry doesn't have a routine that's second nature. It's so ******* easy to fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a question: who in absolute fu** are we supposed to blame instead?

He decides what we train. He decides how we kick, how much we run, our structure, who does what. He puts Stocker behind the ball, selected the players. He selected Setterfield.

David Teague did all this. No-one else did it for him. He did it. He is the head coach.

Goalkicking has been an issue for his entire career as head coach. Tell me why I cannot blame him for it.
Yep! Incompetent.

Should be let go TONIGHT!

As already stated. Goal kicking is mental. It requires strong routines. We don't have them. That's on coaching. It's on the coaches that setters was picked. It's on the coaches that the system is so frantic that we run out of options because it's run and gun before even setting up to run and gun. Leaving players with no options and turnovers.

I've seen really really good effort from most players. Only 2 or maybe 3 who can't say I put everything into that.
Madblue suppose you know better as usual? There is legitimately nothing incorrect or laugh worthy in my post. Campaigner.

Christ can we not blame Teague all the time? How are you supposed to coach a win when your team scores 2.14 and constantly make silly turn-overs. Game plan today has been good and would have otherwise worked. The players need to take some ownership.
What rubbish. The game plan is what killed us today. We look backwards for a kick or sideways for a handball every time. Generally at the expense of a kick forward to a leading target. Our affinity for the handball with a team that does not have the skills for the plan, is 100% on the coach. I agree the players need to accept responsibility for a poor game but our game plan has been proven time and again not to be competitive against decent teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back