Game Day RND 17 - Carlton v Geelong Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loving jack's Silvagni's game - Harry is having one of his brain fart days - he can kick three in a quareter fingers crossed.
If nothing else this game just shows how close we are to being good - just 3-4 players shoprt- and we have them in teh VFL.

Yeah, I'm not too sure what the MC's obsession with Setterfield is, particularly as a wingman. It looks good on paper, sure, but after not playing for 4 weeks with a dodgy hand, there were better options.

If Zac Fisher was fit and available, that's a fair blunder.
How did setters go past Fisher??

How do players like Harry not have set goal kicking routines?

Why is the plan to blaze into the corridor when geelong defend it better than anyone?

Goal kicking like that is not skill it's mental and routines. Harry as an example simply has no confidence in a drop punt and no routine. That's completely 100% on the coaches. They're responsible for making sure players have routines and work within a system so confidence remains high. It's the number one issue with this performance and its coaching.

Cannot disagree with that at all, but is it Teague's job to actually manage Harry's marking/positioning and goal kicking.

Thought we had specialized coaches for that.

What Really pisses me off is games like this we look like so close to beating a top team, but sloppy and fundamental skills (and sloppy discipline) has burnt us badly.

I hate the umpires as much as anyone, but geez we have given away really lousy and unnecessary frees today

Parkin and the high standards he set would never have tolerated it.

Another wasted season it seems, would still prefer to keep Teague on at this moment,, but could support a change too.

I am angry, no furious and so disillusioned right now (not since Mick was coaching us) something needs to change at the club at the end of the season certainly.

I still think we need to buy into the draft again. But yes coaching had to be an issue I begrudgingly admit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of these days, we will kick straight, and half way through the third term aliens will invade, or a volcano will emerge from the centre of the ground and end all life on the planet.
Probs. Yeah.

Its not Setters fault for being picked, blame the mc. Think he will be a good player, but we are ******* his confidence bringing him in with out any match form/fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back