Preview RND 17 - Carlton v Geelong Sat Jul 10th 4.35PM @ MCG - Team Post #419

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fu** them. I’ll take our history over theirs.

Of course, I would too. But I'm talking (relatively) recent times here.

I would definitely take front running, down hill skiing, head ducking, diving cauliflowers that win flags and make grand finals over the conditional, dysfunctional, disorganised marketing machine that has mostly struggled to win a game that we've become accustomed to.

I hate the Cats as much as anyone, but I still respect what they've been able to put together over the last 15 years.

I'm feeling quite positive & think we can win.

Cats without Selwood and Cameron, is really good for us.
Based purely on memory, we always struggle with containing Selwood.

And having only Hawkins as the key forward would mean that one of Jones or Weiters is free to take intercept marks.

We also have a good record at the MCG against the Cats.

Bring it on - three in a row - try to contain the excitement then! :D

To me us winning is still a longshot in this game.It doesn't matter who they have out, they are a very good, well drilled team. If they are a little bit off the pace and we perform to our absolute best we might be an outside chance.

Not expecting a win. I do want to see 100% effort though.

To me us winning is still a longshot in this game.It doesn't matter who they have out, they are a very good, well drilled team. If they are a little bit off the pace and we perform to our absolute best we might be an outside chance.

Not expecting a win. I do want to see 100% effort though.
Thinking we are better than a longshot , put a few dollars on a less than 40 win at the juicy odds of 4.00 :thumbsu:

Have matched up well against the Cats recently and a lot to play for. A win tomorrow is vital with the following month four very winnable games.

Thinking we are better than a longshot , put a few dollars on a less than 40 win at the juicy odds of 4.00 :thumbsu:

Have matched up well against the Cats recently and a lot to play for. A win tomorrow is vital with the following month four very winnable games.

I would have thought the reason that you got juicy odds was that we were a longshot but I'm no punter so can't be sure. Don't worry I'll be there tomorrow urging them to win. Game day's a whole different thing, a win is always the expectation then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps our defence is good enough but can't keep up with the rebound attacks that an offensive game plan throws up.
Think the Adelaide team 2017. They were successful because they scored heavily and in so doing put scoreboard pressure on the opposition. Obviously when you are scoring your opponent are not.

We are simply not efficient enough at scoring yet. Our offensive game plan needs big scores and we rarely do this.
If CC returns to his best, MM acts as the dangerous decoy 3rd tall and players like owies Martin durdin keep improving under Eddie, we have the nucleus of a high scoring team.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
Last 2 weeks we have low scores and won
I’m sure we’ve had much higher scores and have lost. Let’s kick a low score !

I would definitely take front running, down hill skiing, head ducking, diving cauliflowers that win flags and make grand finals over the conditional, dysfunctional, disorganised marketing machine that has mostly struggled to win a game that we've become accustomed to.

I hate the Cats as much as anyone, but I still respect what they've been able to put together over the last 15 years.
Not really sure this thread needs your praise of the cats. Take it to their board if you are so inclined.

You neglected to mention the handbag rummaging and the furious knitting.

Can not recall Levi beating an opponent in the last two seasons but hey there is always this week.

safe_image.php

Don't discount Duncan also missing .. with selwood also out means danger won't be forward much and Duncan and selwood have been there go to when things are going pear shaped for a number of Seasons .. for mine this
Evens out our midfield deficiencies as long as Newnes can control menangola ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back