Preview Rnd 17 - Carlton v St Kilda Friday July 13 Darklands 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure.

Any concerns about the elevated heartbeat? What are the complexities beyond him just being a bit underdone?

It was either going to be a structural/functional heart abnormality = out for the season for health safety reasons or relatively benign elevated heart rate due to environmental conditions (heat/humidity) + lack of fitness = fine for this week.

If an independent cardiologist has cleared him, he should hopefully be fine.

The issue with electrical heart abnormalities is that they can occur suddenly and cause symptoms and then before you even get the chance to get an ECG on the person they are back to normal rhythm.

So, I'm assuming during the week they've done some exercise/stress ECGs/ultrasounds on Caleb with presumably no significant results.

Shaw should be dropped and never put on a Carlton jumper again - do I win ??

Never been this excited for a debutante since Mark Whiley !!

Whiley was a real high...but Shaw evokes Glen Bowyer levels of excitement.

giphy.gif

It was either going to be a structural/functional heart abnormality = out for the season for health safety reasons or relatively benign elevated heart rate due to environmental conditions (heat/humidity) + lack of fitness = fine for this week.

The issue with electrical heart abnormalities is that they can occur suddenly and cause symptoms and then before you even get the chance to get an ECG on the person they are back to normal rhythm.

So, I'm assuming during the week they've done some exercise/stress ECGs/ultrasounds on Caleb with presumably no significant results.
Cheers.

How would they determine that his heartbeat is too high? Comparisons with expected value +/- reasonable variance?

Are you in the medical profession Mr_Plow ? Sounds very Doctorish.

I’m happy with that.

Charlie, Harry, Pickett, Garlett, SPS & Dow as starting forwards. Mobile, good mix of pace and size.

Like the starting mid group: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Curnow, Cripps, Fisher & Murph.

Backline feels balanced with Rowe, Jones, Marchbank as ‘talls’ and Simmo, Daisy and Jed as the smalls.

Bench of Shaw, Polson, Silvagni, O’Brien has a fair bit of run and Silvagni gives some versatility in that it seems like they play him in a different part of the ground each week.

Good luck to Shaw on his debut.

Go Blues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's actually not a bad team on paper...

Just need the guys to be fit and full of run, committed and coached well.

Oh and not get injuries in game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually not a bad team on paper...

Just need the guys to be fit and full of run, committed and coached well.

Oh and not get injuries in game.
I’d never wish injuries on anybody but it would be nice if saints played 2 down for a half+ like we tend to do week in week out. I’d take a Carlisle (concussion) and Steven (ankle) at 1/4 time please.

4 slow players out (2 above 195 cm) + Lang for 5 fast players (1 above 195 cm). This is how you play Etihad. Bring the pressure boys.

Not hard to see why we got smashed last week...ridiculously slow team.

Kreuzer, Phillips, Silvagni, Rowe, weitering, Cripps, Kennedy, Graham, Wright. For smalls lamb and Thomas aren't that quick either.

Much better this week.

Cheers.

How would they determine that his heartbeat is too high? Comparisons with expected value +/- reasonable variance?

Either by manual palpation of the radial artery at the wrist, or with one of these bad boys: 20160727134207_16891.jpg

I'm pretty sure the club docs would have one handy.

Elevated heart rate for an adult is generically defined as persistently > 100bpm. You are right in that most of these parameters (like blood pressure) have been established through research using confidence intervals and bell-curves and all that jazz that I have now forgotten. :p

11/22 will be 21 or under tomorrow night
This is the figure which should be looked at when comparing selected teams, not average age or average games as these numbers can be skewed by a couple of outliers e.g. Simpson & Murphy.

For most games this season we have been fielding more players in the 21 & under age group than our opponents. I can't imagine the media picking up on this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back