Preview Rnd 17 - Carlton v St Kilda Friday July 13 Darklands 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Blue Baggers, its Black Friday and we need a win not matter what!!
It's time to use a little bit of collective witchcraft.
I used to adopt this as a kid with Carlton and it rarely ever failed.
Step 1: When Blues are kicking for goals, we all simultaneously join our palms together in prayer position. PS. You don't need to be religious. Just do it!!!.
It's called collective positive energy.
Step 2: When the saints are shooting for goal. You do the Italian Corno hand sign.
Which is to fold in the 2 middle fingers and point out your index and little pinky.
(With both hands). And mean it!
This is serious stuff. You don't muck around with these powerful forces.
But desperate times require desperate measures.

Go Blues.
Whatever happened to "Chewy on ya boot"?

Good to see BigFooty following its usual path, early in the week it is all doom and gloom, mid week is the calls for so and so to play and so and so to be dropped and by Friday everyone is excited and we are a chance.

Not sure about anyone else but I haven’t been excited about any of our games this year, except the Richmond game. So you are wrong to pile everyone into one bucket.

OK Blue Baggers, its Black Friday and we need a win not matter what!!
It's time to use a little bit of collective witchcraft.
I used to adopt this as a kid with Carlton and it rarely ever failed.
Step 1: When Blues are kicking for goals, we all simultaneously join our palms together in prayer position. PS. You don't need to be religious. Just do it!!!.
It's called collective positive energy.
Step 2: When the saints are shooting for goal. You do the Italian Corno hand sign.
Which is to fold in the 2 middle fingers and point out your index and little pinky.
(With both hands). And mean it!
This is serious stuff. You don't muck around with these powerful forces.
But desperate times require desperate measures.

Go Blues.
no

Not sure about anyone else but I haven’t been excited about any of our games this year, except the Richmond game. So you are wrong to pile everyone into one bucket.
get the * in the bucket

Simmo is our biggest in.

If you watch the top teams, so many of their attacking thrusts and scores start with rebound off half back. From there teams can move it quick to a mid who in turn can get it in quick to forwards out the back or at least 1v1.

Without simmo last week and doc, willo and byrne injured basically all year, we've had zero rebound which contributes quite a lot to our lack of scoring and slow ball movement.

Win the ball in the middle and from stoppages and the attacks won’t start in the backline. That is footy.

Right here’s my optimism.

Midfield probably as strong as it’s been all year including kreuz and probably as good as it gets in 2018.

Forward line looks zippy young and skilful. Charlie to get help from big H and SOJ. Crumbs to Pickett Garlett and Polson to get busy tonight.

Backline bit meh but only cos we know who is missing. Jones will beat membrey. Rowe to out point Marshall. Lamb and Shaw to mind billing’s and Gresham, which leaves Marchy to intercept and simmo to rebound. They just need to do their job.

I get there is no Doc, Willa, Plow and Weiters but other than that this is the best we got.

SOJ to have his best game as mid/ 3rd tall fwd.

Crippa to go beast mode and the team to break the ton and win by 21 points.

Effort. Fight and the go the mighty blues.

Midfield probably as strong as it’s been all year including kreuz and probably as good as it gets in 2018.

Forward line looks zippy young and skilful. Charlie to get help from big H and SOJ. Crumbs to Pickett Garlett and Polson to get busy tonight.

Backline bit meh but only cos we know who is missing. Jones will beat membrey. Rowe to out point Marshall. Lamb and Shaw to mind billing’s and Gresham, which leaves Marchy to intercept and simmo to rebound. They just need to do their job.

I get there is no Doc, Willa, Plow and Weiters but other than that this is the best we got.

Very optimistic , i like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best review yet. I agree. Just on Cripps, he is going to have his hands full with Steele today night. His been tagging well all year but the Crippa is a different beast to any others!

So is Mark Jackson apparently and he didn't care. What's your point? :)
hark, vicroads called.........something about a post odometer wind-back............

Best review yet. I agree. Just on Cripps, he is going to have his hands full with Steele today night. His been tagging well all year but the Crippa is a different beast to any others!
Yep fair call. Just also believe a couple of guys, murph, pick, Marchy have now been back for a couple and should be match fit. Big H whether through inferred pressure or deserved it will not have a big mature opponent as Carlisle will be that busy trying to quell Charlie and Gilbert not huge.
This just feels right in amongst all the doom and gloom.
In fact at $4 I might even have my first bet of the year 1-39.

If we don't win, im gonna spew up !!!

Seriously, I should get this acquired condition checked out...is Dr Plow around !?
he's busy de-registering our entire medical team........

you stepping it down any tonight? meat pies, sauce, maybe some gravy?
I reckon he might go pork and crackling tonight does something for 20 minutes and then turns it up high

Here's my reason for optimism;
Against the Kangaroos Cripps got tagged and was restricted to 19 possessions - the next week he had 34 and 11 tackles against the Eagles.
Against the Swans Cripps was tagged and restricted to 17 possessions - the next week he had 38 against the Dockers.

Last week he was tagged and kept to just 21 touches - ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back