Preview RND 17 - Carlton v Sydney Saturday 13th July 1.45PM (EST) @ SCG - Team Post #466

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Both team have significant outs. I am certainly extremely pleased that McVeigh isn't playing. The campaigner always torches us with his sexy ball use out of defence.
Sinclair had 40 hit outs, 16 possessions 8 marks (season high) and a goal this year and 26 hit outs 22 possessions (season high) 7 marks (equal season high) and 2 goals last year.
Franklin has 17 goals in his last 4 games against us.

Incredibly happy they aren't playing!

Kreuzer trained yesterday and will be fine.

Mckay vs McCartin (has played defence last month)
Levi vs Melican
Jones vs Blakey
Goddard vs Reid

I’m sure Teague will address this but we can simply not bomb it long. Mills and Rampe are elite intercepts.

If our midfield can hold their own (there should be no excuses) then I’m confident we win.

think again my west coast interlocutor.......

I've never reconsidered any statement I've ever made no matter how short sighted, Ill considered, lacking in insight or just plain wrong they are. Which, by the way, is the vast majority of them.

So........nup, no chance, not listening to counter arguments . We're cooked and can't possibly win.

Backline is very worrying. No key general as such. Shows why keeping Daisy is vital moving forward, at least he can provide some leadership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never reconsidered any statement I've ever made no matter how short sighted, Ill considered, lacking in insight or just plain wrong they are. Which, by the way, is the vast majority of them.

So........nup, no chance, not listening to counter arguments . We're cooked and can't possibly win.
It's BigFooty, it's how we roll.

Going to be windy af at the SCG tomorrow. Mostly fine day.

Happy to see the beast Cripps return. Interested to see how H goes without Charles and Gov in the F50.

Finally got a Goddard 🤪 Give em hell Hughy

Would really love to knock em off on their home turf.

Brilliant time slot for me as well, one of my favourites.

Fingers crossed Lang can show something, his spot on the list is on the line I’d say.

Setters and Bam Bam had 11 shots between them last week, keen to see if they reprise their forward roles.

Did I mention I’d love to knock em off on their deck, would be stupendous

Would love to see the Batman and Robin show again 💙
And hopefully the rabbit next year.

View attachment 707663

Wasn't expecting the age/games comparison to look like that.
Interesting to see that we are slightly the physically bigger side. At the SCG that could be a point of difference, I wonder if it's something we can take advantage of
About half their team is 6'2", give or take an inch, and no Sinclair/Naismith/Cameron, Buddy, Grundy.

Comparisons sorted by height:

McKay 204 / Reid 196
Casboult 201 / Melican 195
Kreuzer 200 / Aliir 195
Jones 199 / Blakey 195
Goddard 198 / McCartin 193
Cripps 195 / Dawson 192
Silvagni 194 / Rampe 189
Plowman 193 / Mills / 189
Setterfield 192 / Kennedy 189
Kennedy 190 / O'Riordan 187
Newman 187 / Hayward 187
Dow 187 / Hewett 187
Thomas 185 / Heeney 186
O'Brien 185 / Rowbottom 186
Walsh 184 / Florent 185
Lang 183 / Parker 183
Simpson 183 / Ronke 181
SPS 182 / Jones 181
Curnow 180 / Lloyd 181
Murphy 180 / Cunningham 181
Fisher 177 / Jack 178
Gibbons 175 / Papley 178

23 - 27 range

Us 5, Them 10

24-27 are the acknowledged peak ages. Adding 23 because they have 4 and we have 1 is cheeky.

24-27 are the acknowledged peak ages. Adding 23 because they have 4 and we have 1 is cheeky.
This is why you can't take too much notice of averages or statistical data that is presented. The parameters are open to manipulation to present whatever picture you want to present.

On SM-T350 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back