Preview RND 17 - Carlton v Sydney Saturday 13th July 1.45PM (EST) @ SCG - Team Post #466

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when you or someone else uses these stats to prove us being younger against another team (ill use Brisbane) - you then also highlight the fact Hodge is skewing the results our way? Yeah, didn't think so.

Why are you determined to prove that people only post stats for a biased reason?

Some people like stats. I do. I also think people can make of them what they like.

It's a stats driven game and coaches use them too.

I’ve thought about last weeks game . If you would have told me at the start of the year that we’d kick 100 with no Cripps, Charlie, McKay and without Gov kicking a goal I would have thought you’d been sniffing plumbing glue.

I’m just glad that our system is allowing us to score. Something that just would not have happened earlier.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Funny these type of responses. People like to use the Ave Age, games played etc stats as proof we are so young. Then they show we are similar or older and then we have excuses - simpson skewes the stats etc. makes me laugh.

It's good to laugh. Keep it up.

But when you get a bit more serious about your analysis, you'd recognise the difference between mean and median. Footy lists are best assessed on median age, and ours is very low.

Imagine if we had gone on to play Freo the next week, it would have been really ugly

It would have been but the lols factor would play a huge role on what people got out of it. Poor Richmond and Essendon

Maybe but doesn’t excuse the weight. I’d be saying see you next in 2020. Get over the injuries and get yourself really fit. With everyone fit and some good recruiting he will need to be earning his spot
Lack of fitness and niggles, playing match day but reduced training workload so can't get to required fitness levels. Now that we've bitten the bullet. No match days, increased training and fitness and don't recall until fitness up to AFL standard.

I’ve thought about last weeks game . If you would have told me at the start of the year that we’d kick 100 with no Cripps, Charlie, McKay and without Gov kicking a goal I would have thought you’d been sniffing plumbing glue.

I’m just glad that our system is allowing us to score. Something that just would not have happened earlier.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
👍 Been a great ride last few weeks. Hope it continues tomorrow with a crushing Blues victory!!

It's good to laugh. Keep it up.

But when you get a bit more serious about your analysis, you'd recognise the difference between mean and median. Footy lists are best assessed on median age, and ours is very low.
My analysis was actually people who use stats to prove why we are younger, shorter, lighter etc but when those same stats don't prove it they use excuses as to why it's not accurate.

Anyone can make stats up to prove their point, 65% of people know that.....

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny these type of responses. People like to use the Ave Age, games played etc stats as proof we are so young. Then they show we are similar or older and then we have excuses - simpson skewes the stats etc. makes me laugh.
As I pointed out a number of times last season, the average age & games played figures are totally irrelevant when it comes to comparing the profile of teams.

Last season saw us predominantly play with the most players aged 21 or under (12 in our game against Hawthorn), yet on the average age & games played comparisons we were sometimes older & more experienced than the opposition. 12 months later this is not happening as much, but where our problem lies is that our most talented players are aged 24 or younger. We need more of these players to be in the 24+ age group, which some of them will be in 2 years time, then we should see more consistent performance.

My analysis was actually people who use stats to prove why we are younger, shorter, lighter etc but when those same stats don't prove it they use excuses as to why it's not accurate.

Anyone can make stats up to prove their point, 65% of people know that.....

Who is doing that though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back