Prediction Rnd 17 Changes Vs Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get the too many forwards comments. We played a couple of forwards short last week, hence the ins this week. We are playing 6 forwards + venables this week which is pretty standard.

As a comparison, our best game of the year was vs richmond and these are the only changes this week compared with that game:

- Schofield for Barrass
- Shuey for Sheed
- Venables for Ah Chee

The reason we play 7 forwards is we dont bat too deep in the middle outside of Yeo, Shuey, Redden and Gaff. Hence to give them a spell we put them on the bench rather than rest them forward. However on the flip side our forwards like Rioli, Cripps, Vennbles can run through the middle

I reckon he's also been told to not worry about the goals so much. His role is to run his ass off up and down half forward to provide a link up and stretch opposition defenders. Obviously, if the goal is there to be kicked, he should take it, but he seems to be playing very much with a team first mindset. A bit more experience and he'll take his chances more I think. He looked a bit cooked the couple of weeks before he was dropped, but hopefully he's rested up and ready for a big push late in the season. I think he definitely makes the team better.
Waterman will do better now that JK and Darling are back as they take the best defenders.

Looking back at the last game we lost to them in Melbourne they had Treloar Dunn Reid Elliott and Wells. Both teams are very different their defence and forward line look much weaker. We have a good chance to get a win. My optimism atm would make losing a little harder.

We need another midfield waterman should not be playing

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is this not the team composition we played when we won 10 in a row.

Having said that you weren't around for that winning streak though.

Looking at the form line, the pies have just one win against any team currently in the top 10! And that win was Melbourne who are pretty much in the same boat as them. That means that 10 of their 11 wins have come against the bottom 8. All of that says this shouldn't even really be close, we should win easily.

I still tipped the pies though...:flushed:

The four ins were selected 'cos they are best 22 and expected to play on the G during the finals, same for DV probably. This is their only chance, we don't even get to train there. Barass is in the best 22 too, but five ins would've certainly been too many. Once Ryan works through what's in front of him right now, he'll be best 22 too, but practising on the G is less important for him - you could stick him in the Amazon jungle and he'd still kick a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They at least spent a week or two respectively coming back through the twos.

The current AA full forward and arguably the best player in the league for the first half of the year don't come back through the 2s after a month off.

They at least spent a week or two respectively coming back through the twos.
How do you think this game pans out give n the location and our inability to win v your mob at the G?

23 yrs is a long time. Any concerns?

Air of desperation with those ins...
Maybe if we didn't seem completely incapable of scoring without at least one of Darling/JK in the forward line. Don't know if you saw the first two weeks where we had neither but I'll happily take them on one leg.

Also yes we are desperate to win. As we should be. Aren't you?

I think it's more what they do to our structure, balance, and spine. regardless of being in touch or not, they'll suck up two or more quality Pie players, and we've had enough goal kickers without them in the side...the bonus is, hey arguably two of the best forwards in the comp - they might even kick some goals?

Last edited:
Also yes we are desperate to win. As we should be. Aren't you?

24 wins each and 1 draw. I believe this is the 50th time these clubs have played each other...

Pies are used to these blockbuster games week in week out - playing in other club's grand finals, so it's good to see the Eagles are stepping up to the occasion on the big stage with the best team they've selected all year...even if they are underdone!

But in all seriousness, should be a classic. No injuries on both sides would be a good result this time of year. :thumbsu:

We need our forward line pillars back to beat your mob, yes. We aren't winning if we have someone like McInnes or a rookie at full forward.

It isn't desperate however, Darling was almost ready last week. Kennedy usually goes alright coming back from injury. Lecras has only missed 2 games.

Looking forward to the game :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Really!

Look who was left out.

Moore rushed back in and WHE playing after bending his knee 45 degrees last week and limping around. Air of desperation maybe?

Even heard that Eddie had increased his credit card limit to use in the game, doesn't think the Pies MCG 'noise of affirmation' home free kick count will be enough so is prepared to spend big.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back