Prediction Rnd 17 Changes Vs Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

24 wins each and 1 draw. I believe this is the 50th time these clubs have played each other...

Pies are used to these blockbuster games week in week out - playing in other club's grand finals, so it's good to see the Eagles are stepping up to the occasion on the big stage with the best team they've selected all year...even if they are underdone!

But in all seriousness, should be a classic. No injuries on both sides would be a good result this time of year. :thumbsu:

This isn't the best team we've selected. Barrass and Ryan need to be in it to be the best team. Schofield and Masten out.

I feel the game will be close

West coast on paper has more talent .....pies have winning form ...against caller teams

Hard to pick

Fine day ....forwards get to shine ......

Bring it

This isn't the best team we've selected. Barrass and Ryan need to be in it to be the best team. Schofield and Masten out.

I don’t agree on masten ...he’s a hard running midfielder and link up player

He’s one of our fittest guys .......he is a poor mans gaff and we have one gaff

Ryan, Cripps lecras rioili is too many small fwd types

Masten out
2018 Masten?

giphy.gif

2018 Masten?

giphy.gif

My, my how the worm has turned.

Less than 12 months ago many wanted him delisted.

He has played much better back in his original role, but with Cripps, Venables, Rioli, Waterman, Ryan and Le cras I think this group could rotate off that wing and provide more hurt factor. I want Waterman to play that link player role, has the height, run and work ethic to do well off a wing and rest deep forward.

My, my how the worm has turned.

Less than 12 months ago many wanted him delisted.
Agreed, happy to admit I was certainly part of this group.

He has played much better back in his original role, but with Cripps, Venables, Rioli, Waterman, Ryan and Le cras I think this group could rotate off that wing and provide more hurt factor. I want Waterman to play that link player role, has the height, run and work ethic to do well off a wing and rest deep forward.

Cripps - fumble city, ball would never be delivered.
Lecca - deep forward thanks, coming to an end
Ryan - deep forward, not a delivery man imo

Venners, Rioli, Waterman, - 2019 and beyond? Agree, they have to build that running capacity first

Not fully sold on ryan yet, not best 22 for mine, Rioli is... Ryan needs to bring a more complete game, defensively and ground level, tackling. A bit much of the speccy marking, to the detriment of others...he did perform well early in the season getting quality crumbs from a quality forward line. Could be way wrong, just needs to settle into the AFL game, do the team thing...like Rioli?
Undoubtedly a gun in waiting, and sooner the better.

the press going to town already re Pies game.."are the Eagles contenders or pretenders?" - groan.
more of this cliched crap. so every team that loses a game at mcg are pretenders?
it's also quite possible to lose against pies at mcg, be pretenders, and still win the cup!
stick that in yer tin mug and smoke it! (if they won)

i think ryan needed a run at EP before coming back from injury but he was rushed back maybe putting to much pressure on him. Still think when he is in form he is our best crumber. ryan and rioli look to be a great combo.

if we lose i don't think its a big deal not with jd, jk and lecras just coming back from injury and some our best still out. fingers crossed though

Did anyone see the article about how the interchange cap failed to fix footy? I wish they would leave the game alone as i dont think there is anything wrong with it. am i alone with that opinion?

it’s almost like when a player is consistently s**t for years people want him delisted but when he’s playing well they’re happy to admit they were wrong and like him in the team

curious stuff
Crazy talk

We think we know the game watching it ....we do know some stuff ....but we have to believe and trust the coaches

Mastem plays a specific modern footy role .....he runs and runs ...and at times does not get rewarded for that

I think his disposal is better this year ....probabaly not getting the best opponent helps also

Oddly hutch has improved this also ....hutch can kick a goal now ...when he was kicking for goal I used to look away

Hutch and masten are ins.....sheed has way way more pure footy talent than both theses guys put together just about but he’s out and he has to knock the door down to get in .....

We think we know the game watching it ....we do know some stuff ....but we have to believe and trust the coaches

Mastem plays a specific modern footy role .....he runs and runs ...and at times does not get rewarded for that

I think his disposal is better this year ....probabaly not getting the best opponent helps also

Oddly hutch has improved this also ....hutch can kick a goal now ...when he was kicking for goal I used to look away

Hutch and masten are ins.....sheed has way way more pure footy talent than both theses guys put together just about but he’s out and he has to knock the door down to get in .....
We play 7 defenders 7 forwards (some can roate through the middle) and 6 pure mids.

4 of the mids are guns Yeo, Shuey, Gaff and Redden. The others are role players Masten and Hutchings. However the difference is Lecras, Cripps, Rioli, Vennables can all run through the middle

Lol the Masten hate continues.

Baffles my mind. He’s entrenched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We play 7 defenders 7 forwards (some can roate through the middle) and 6 pure mids.

4 of the mids are guns Yeo, Shuey, Gaff and Redden. The others are role players Masten and Hutchings. However the difference is Lecras, Cripps, Rioli, Vennables can all run through the middle

I would like to get sheed into the team somehow

Lazy ..sometimes
Slow

Poor decision

Just needs to work on those three

He’s not far off
Hmm we'll see, I'm a bit down on him this year.
Can't fix slow and I think the other problem is that he's slow to recognise what's happening around him and react to it. That's why he makes poor decisions with the ball and gets tackled so often. Not sure if awareness is something that's fixable either.

Hmm we'll see, I'm a bit down on him this year.
Can't fix slow and I think the other problem is that he's slow to recognise what's happening around him and react to it. That's why he makes poor decisions with the ball and gets tackled so often. Not sure if awareness is something that's fixable either.

That’s fixable

He needs to handball more to a better positioned player then run and receive

He thinks he’s quicker than he is

That’s fixable

He needs to handball more to a better positioned player then run and receive

He thinks he’s quicker than he is
Hmm, I'm not so sure you either have awareness or you don't. I guess you could teach him to be quicker with getting rid of the ball but that's not fixing the awareness issue, that's just working around it.

I would like to get sheed into the team somehow
Sheed would be great but i fear we cannot play Sheed, Redden and Hutch all in the same team just too slow. One would need to come out. Redden is a gun now playing great footy. So that leaves Hutch V Sheed. Sheed has more talent but Hutch is playing well and playing his role

They at least spent a week or two respectively coming back through the twos.
We rarely bring our better players Via WAFL, unless it’s a long term injury.

Nic Nat and Jack Darling(3years ago) are the only two I can think of coming back via East Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back