AFL Toast Rnd 17: Win Against the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a bit of a heart attack game.

Zerrett was great there everywhere.

Stringer good too, except for some missed goals

Walla. What more can you say.

Seemed the opposite of the last few weeks , we were the better side most of the game. We stopped in the final and went defensive. They came home with a rush.

Glad we won by gee we make it hard for ourselves.

If you need a Monday pick me up, go and read the tears of the Norf pretenders.

They played out their arse, BBB kicked a bag, and still couldn't get over a team missing it's captain, AA forward, recent B&F winner, Number 1 ruckman and Champion Data's best one on one defender.

4 in a row and they are now technically known as a bunny

If you need a Monday pick me up, go and read the tears of the Norf pretenders.

They played out their arse, BBB kicked a bag, and still couldn't get over a team missing it's captain, AA forward, recent B&F winner, Number 1 ruckman and Champion Data's best one on one defender.

4 in a row and they are now technically known as a bunny
With a warm cup of tea at hand too.
I feel warm and fuzzy now.

That said, the little victory of Zurhaar taking out Hurley's shoulder seems to have eased the pain of Hooker rubbing poor Nielson's head (was that kid ever spotted again?)

Hall, LDU and Wood out really hurt them though.............Hall....lol.

How funny is this from the Norf board

"mate if we actually went out to flatten shiel, merrett and McGrath as you state, your club would have run out of your allocated uber vouchers for the week as you would have been rushing your players to the hospital for scans at an alarming rate. consider yourselves lucky that NMFC was in a charitable mood. Don't forget every dollar saved counts for your club. Legal proceeding can get really expensive."

Seems like he thinks it is us who are short of a quid.

Last edited by a moderator:

"mate if we actually went out to flatten shiel, merrett and McGrath as you state, your club would have run out of your allocated uber vouchers for the week as you would have been rushing your players to the hospital for scans at an alarming rate. consider yourselves lucky that NMFC was in a charitable mood. Don't forget every dollar saved counts for your club. Legal proceeding can get really expensive."

Not surprised when they had a player in Archer who just loved to hurt players "shinboner" lols

Thug club and thug supporters they should be thankful that big brother is helping them out to stay relevant.

Last edited:
Another week and another contender dealt with. North where pretty good. They are playing just as well as most right now. Finally we are beating sides we need to beat. Would also say our team defence has gone from being a regular 3/10 to being 6/10 / 7/10 most weeks. Room for a bit more improvement but a lot better than it was.
Z Clarke did what we needed and that was make an even contest.
D Clarke good again and more suited playing on the inside player.
Good even spread across the midfield.
Sheils defensive work is under rated. More often than not he finds a man to cover, sometimes at the expense of a few more possessions.

Lol. NMFC and charitable mood.
When aren't they in a charitable mood
It's their default position

Another week and another contender dealt with. North where pretty good. They are playing just as well as most right now. Finally we are beating sides we need to beat. Would also say our team defence has gone from being a regular 3/10 to being 6/10 / 7/10 most weeks. Room for a bit more improvement but a lot better than it was.
Z Clarke did what we needed and that was make an even contest.
D Clarke good again and more suited playing on the inside player.
Good even spread across the midfield.
Sheils defensive work is under rated. More often than not he finds a man to cover, sometimes at the expense of a few more possessions.
They were very efficient going inside 50. I was a bit jealous of the kicks to advantage they were pulling off.
But we adjusted and won it from the middle, which was a positive.

The midfield is quite now.
We have a tough decision if Heppell is back this week.
Add to that Smith next year.

Brightside, we can stop focusing on the middle so much and invest in some KPF/ruck depth now :)

They were very efficient going inside 50. I was a bit jealous of the kicks to advantage they were pulling off.
But we adjusted and won it from the middle, which was a positive.

The midfield is quite now.
We have a tough decision if Heppell is back this week.
Add to that Smith next year.

Brightside, we can stop focusing on the middle so much and invest in some KPF/ruck depth now :)
Kicking to the forwards advantage would be a novel experience for us :eek:

Right now I think the midfield choice is Laverde out. Langford forward and Heppell back to the middle.
Still think we need a classy inside midfielder but yes the need for a KP forward is now greater and we do need another young ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than the standard win we chalk up, the only thing that interests me when we play Norf is their BF board..... It's an amazing read, full of some really insightful stuff and plenty of lolz!

Which side brought Daniher in for $20k against this very team?

I am just curious to know how the afl has reviewed this match and seen the number of late hits let go by the umpires. They had to have been told to let it go. I thought it was pretty disgusting. It was like going back to the 80s. The afl is meant to be protecting players but so many late shots was ridiculous. I know if we did one of then we get penalized for it.

I am just curious to know how the afl has reviewed this match and seen the number of late hits let go by the umpires. They had to have been told to let it go. I thought it was pretty disgusting. It was like going back to the 80s. The afl is meant to be protecting players but so many late shots was ridiculous. I know if we did one of then we get penalized for it.

It happened with regularity with from memory only one penalised. Their 'hero' Zurhaar was a repeat offender.

Last edited:
It happened with regularity with from memory only one penalised. Their 'hero' Zurrhar was a repeat offender.

Can’t wait til next time, Zurhaar knows who’s coming...

Bit of tough stuff is ok, they're not playing marbles, but maybe rather than Norf fans applauding the toughness of their players perhaps they should just be encouraging them tackle properly and maybe... just maybe get to the ball first rather than trying to hit the guy that does.

Clearances +10 Bombers
Tackles +21 Bombers
Inside 50 +11 Bombers
Score +5 Tippa!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back