AFL Toast Rnd 18: 21 point win against Adelaide!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not his best game but I thought McKernan battled hard and at least provided a contest which was really important. Lost his direct match-up comfortably but we’re asking him to do so much right now.

To go interstate against Adelaide, severely undermanned and missing as many clearly best 22 players as we were, without a recognised ruckman, and to be comprehensively belted in clearances 50-28? What a performance of pure grit, resilience and heart.

Now let’s keep the momentum rolling against the Suns!

2nd half is well worth a watch.

Would love to know what clicked for Francis last night. He hasn't looked particularly good throughout most of 2019 after a very good end to 18, but last night he was reading the ball beautifully, working hard to be the 3rd player at a contest and pushing p the ground to be an option. Just one of those games, or is it a case that he defers to Hurley normally to do a lot of that work?

It’s been building. Thought he showed some real good signs last couple of weeks against Swans and North.

Another big win. Coach deserves plenty of credit. He has stuck fat with his team defence and in the back half of the year it is paying dividends as its improvement allows us to be more flexible as far as moving the side during games. We are able to have players playing their role for longer periods. Despite being 30 down at one stage I thought we where still playing decent footy.

Couldn't watch the game last night so I watched the replay on Kayo this morning. All I can say is that was one of our best wins in many years. So satisfying watching some of our young brigade coming good. Winning on the road with so many key players out after being 5 goals down is absolutely massive. Fox commentary carrying on about how many of our goals started from the back half. Run, link up handballs, pinpoint passes, bounces. So exciting

Was extremely pessimistic coming into this one but jeez how satisfying it was soaking up that last qtr at AO as the Crows fans starting leaving en masse at about the 20 min mark. Sets us up for a real crack at the 8 on the home stretch now

No surprise we've improved so dramatically as a team as soon as we started playing a tagger. Woosha's stubbornness on that particular issue was really hurting us. A tagger like Clarke who can win his own ball in addition to stopping the opposition's best mid is something we've been lacking for a while.

Last edited:
Easy now. Adelaide were bad. They played about ten minutes of good football all up (and kicked out to a five goal lead doing so).
Nah, we came from 5 goals down on the road against a top 8 interstate side with 5 or 6 of our top 10 players out injured. It is a good win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The moment the dog left the room because of all the yelling.

qggosby.jpg

2nd half is well worth a watch.

Would love to know what clicked for Francis last night. He hasn't looked particularly good throughout most of 2019 after a very good end to 18, but last night he was reading the ball beautifully, working hard to be the 3rd player at a contest and pushing p the ground to be an option. Just one of those games, or is it a case that he defers to Hurley normally to do a lot of that work?
There was a moment carey called him a ball watcher (not negatively, just a comment on his role). Next minute hooker is forward and francis is spoiling from FB to CHF.
Really good game last night.
Give hartley and ambrose the oppo forwards. Francis as our sicily/rance repeller.
Hooker stays forward now

For a club to go out and recruit ready made players, you will have a miss here and there, some moves can be a disaster, McGovern, Hannebery spring to mind. But when you look at Stringer✅ Saad✅ Smith✅ Shiel✅ Brown✅ Mckernan✅
Hats off to the club.

Wow...congratulations to the players and club in what I think was the most significant win for many years.

The injuries we have suffered released young players into the team who are now really clicking together.

With the best VFL team to add even more young talent options this team can beat anyone on their day.

This team has a very bright future, this year and into the coming decade.

Fantastic effort.

I know we got smashed in the clearances but do we consider not bringing Clarke back (as good as he was last week). Hartley looked so assured down back. Ambrose takes the best forward. Francis gets across for cover and plays intercept role. Hooker gives us a target up forward and Brown works hard between the arcs and is a beautiful kick for goal. Laverde and Stringer the 3rd mobile forward.

Bellchambers has not even commenced running from his calf injury 3 weeks ago. That’s slightly concerning, especially when we know how long it takes him to get going. He’s probably another 4-5 weeks away from full fitness.

I had a romantic night away with the gf last night so I missed this live. We’re currently 25 points down in the third in the replay and my dominos is about to arrive.

******* cheering

I had a romantic night away with the gf last night so I missed this live. We’re currently 25 points down in the third in the replay and my dominos is about to arrive.

******* cheering

Who organises a romantic getaway on a night where Bombers are playing? What on earth were you thinking?

The day after an awesome Friday night win.

Dem feels.

When you live in Radelaide, there's nothing better than the boys getting a win here. We're building and there's a touch of Richmond '17 and Bulldogs '16 about how we're travelling at the moment.

Anyone else notice how we seem to be doing a lot of soccers, slaps and taps to keep the ball moving recently? Very reminiscent of the Tigers game plan and I wonder if this is something Truck Rutten has been trying to embed in the game plan. Works well considering we don't have any marking targets up forward.
Absolutely, get the ball forward at all costs and let our speed shine! Works well for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back