AFL Toast Rnd 18: 21 point win against Adelaide!

Remove this Banner Ad

went 2 bed at half time
how can anyone watch the full game now ? 7flix app ?
why don't channel 7 do a replay the next day ? would get more viewerz eyeballz then the other junk

Still haven't finished the replay, it's a cracking game, but I need to vent.

What effing game does Bruce watch?

Is he is another dimension or something?

If I listened to what he said I would have come away from the game with impression that Betts was not given a bath.
The Ch 7 Dimension.
Where everything is exciting and the game doesn't matter

Best thing about last night.

I forgot I put on a drunken bet of $150 for Crows to win, Sportsbet payout if the team is leading by 2-3 goals or something at any quarter break.

So I just check my account, $220 odd richer and Essendon got the win.

YEW!

Still haven't finished the replay, it's a cracking game, but I need to vent.

What effing game does Bruce watch?

Is he is another dimension or something?

If I listened to what he said I would have come away from the game with impression that Betts was not given a bath.
You’d probably also have the impression that you’d just heard a horse race.

For the past 2 years I kept reading in this forum that D.Clarke had the worst disposal in the history of the EFC.
From what I’ve seen his disposal has been as really good and he makes good decisions under pressure.
Good by hand but he makes James Manson look like Nathan Buckley

Could only imagine the roar of the crowd if that game was at Etihad. The coverage was terrible and the crowd silenced shortly after half time, coinciding with me falling asleep on the couch. Luckily for footy+ this morning, picked right up where i left off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the past 2 years I kept reading in this forum that D.Clarke had the worst disposal in the history of the EFC.
From what I’ve seen his disposal has been as really good and he makes good decisions under pressure.

He has a shocking ball drop most times. Done a great job but still remains poor kick.

He has a very awkward kicking action, so far there hasn’t been any major clangers but that will happen eventually unless he can fix it up over time.

I reckon Clarke's kicking has been pretty decent so far. Obviously his technique is flawed, that's pretty clear but he has 2 strengths which really mitigate that. Firstly he's strong which means he can afford to take that extra half second to steady and secondly his decision making is actually pretty good. We all saw with Watson how much good decision making can assist a player with relatively poor kicking skills. He also is smart enough to play within his limits, he doesn't try to spear short passes in between opposition players, he kicks to free players, guys on the lead or to contests. I'm happy with that because he brings other great assets to the table.

I've also been enormously impressed with his handballing. He is very slick with his hands. He's really exactly what we need to help setup other players for success. Players like Merrett and Shiel will get the ball in more dangerous spots if they don't have to be the first set of hands all the time.

His kick inside 50 early in the last, lace out to set up Brown for a goal was elite.

Is that sarcasm? His kick inside 50 that resulted in a Brown goal was an awful, awful scunge.

Needs to continue to work on his depth but it doesn’t even almost matter, as long as he continues to distribute predominantly by hand and not get too cute he’ll be fine. Argument to be made that he’s already indispensable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back