AFL Toast Rnd 18: 29 point win against Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll be shocked if we shoot up the ladder next year. every year I’m filled with optimism and hope only to be disappointed.
You’re “filled with optimism and hope”?

Mate this isn’t the delusional pearlers thread.

Last edited:
Late to the game, wasnt allowed into the carpark, parked at crown, got to ground, left membership in car, app wouldn't work, got back to car, 3QT, cracked the shits and drove home.

Still won, and I dont understand the anger in this thread.

I'll update my feelings once I watch the replay.

We're getting really good at not putting our players in the best situations and roles for them to succeed.

Dea worked his way back into it well after he essentially moved to a full back role after half time, which is where I think he plays his best footy and in contrast Goddard got completely torched by a couple of massive hospital handballs.

Two players that need a little bit of help to be successful, Goddard because his new nickname should be the big ship and Dea because he's just flat out average

Late to the game, wasnt allowed into the carpark, parked at crown, got to ground, left membership in car, app wouldn't work, got back to car, 3QT, cracked the shits and drove home.

Still won, and I dont understand the anger in this thread.

I'll update my feelings once I watch the replay.
Just watch the 4th Quarter that you missed. You'll have an enjoyable evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Goddard was okay.

It would be more of a worry if he was still in our top 5 every week. He's not 26 anymore the 24-27yos are the ones that need to be in our best 5.

A lot of Essendon supporters are sooks that want to watch the team coast home every week like its a practise session.

While a lot of that is true, watching us miss goal after goal is frustrating (and 6 of our first 9 behinds should have been goals), seeing us make the same mistakes week after week is frustrating, watching players miss targets is frustrating.
Rightly or wrongly the club talked themselves up a hell of a lot over the pre season and they've basically failed to deliver. It's great that they're winning, and I'm pretty sure everyone prefers watching a win vs a loss, but there is still a lot of ugliness in how we go about our footy

Still can't understand how Colyer gets a game, such a s**t truck lmfao. Well grinded win even though we had 17 out on the field for most of the game.

Can we stop with these stupid toast threads. Played like s**t all day and barely scraped home against an incompotent Fremantle side.

A bit of burnt toast which lands on the floor butter side down is still toast.

A good side's sort of win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back