AFL Toast Rnd 18: 29 point win against Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Late to the game, wasnt allowed into the carpark, parked at crown, got to ground, left membership in car, app wouldn't work, got back to car, 3QT, cracked the shits and drove home.

Still won, and I dont understand the anger in this thread.

I'll update my feelings once I watch the replay.

I think the frustration is due to us totally dominating for nearly four quarters yet mainly though poor accuracy did ourselves out of a percentage boost, we really should have won by 10 goals plus.

I feel sorry for McKernan

Goddard and Colyer shouldn't be best 22 any more

Brown is a pretty good KPF, he's accurate though so he should probably be demoted to the VFL until he's spraying them all over the shop like every other campaigner

Overall

I feel sorry for McKernan

Goddard and Colyer shouldn't be best 22 any more

Brown is a pretty good KPF, he's accurate though so he should probably be demoted to the VFL until he's spraying them all over the shop like every other campaigner

Overall

Goddard perplexes. His good is fantastic, his errors are horrible.

Colyer needs to go back to the magoos.

Thought Freo played ugly football which they used to beat Port last week. We could have lost this game if we hadn't lifted above Lyons game plan

I wouldn't intrude usually since I like Essendon a lot, but this is such a generic and crap comment.

Last week Port were the ones who were actually putting numbers back behind the ball after half-time, we kicked poorly in front of goal and couldn't move the ball how we like to. We also couldn't kick straight and actually played in wet conditions. What should of been a 6 goal upset at home was perceived as an "ugly game" because of what was written down on paper.

This week - when we had the chance, we actually moved and spread the ball a lot better and could put it through the middle sticks since we could somewhat actually generate decent movement and scoring opportunities because of the great conditions. Our pressure was okay too on top of that, which was probably the only thing trying to keep the game respectable looking for us outside of your inaccuracy.

The dominance in the middle from you guys and some of the stats like tackles & marks inside 50 for example - what ugly Lyon tactics allowed that?

I'm just going to assume due to the extent of your knowledge on the game and our club - you're just unnecessarily chucking in that throwaway line as false evidence, for whatever reason - despite a dominant win across the ground by you guys regardless of what the scoreboard said.

I think the frustration is due to us totally dominating for nearly four quarters yet mainly though poor accuracy did ourselves out of a percentage boost, we really should have won by 10 goals plus.
I'm watching a replay now and I can already tell this is what will get my goat this week

Raz a star, Hurls back to his best, gutted for Smack, hard to get too excited about the win but other results today have opened up our finals chances big time, cheering hard for the Dees & Lions tonight.

34 scoring shots to 15. Says it all.

The most flattering final margin (29) in Fremantle history, I’d imagine.

Again didn’t play to our peak but still won comfortably in the end. How many games like this have we lost in the last decade!?

We will need to do some forward line restructuring with the loss of McKernan but we can approach the Swans game as a genuine 50/50 game (for the first time in a long time).

I wouldn't intrude usually since I like Essendon a lot, but this is such a generic and crap comment.

Last week Port were the ones who were actually putting numbers back behind the ball after half-time, we kicked poorly in front of goal and couldn't move the ball how we like to. We also couldn't kick straight and actually played in wet conditions. What should of been a 6 goal upset at home was perceived as an "ugly game" because of what was written down on paper.

This week - when we had the chance, we actually moved and spread the ball a lot better and could put it through the middle sticks since we could somewhat actually generate decent movement and scoring opportunities because of the great conditions. Our pressure was okay too on top of that, which was probably the only thing trying to keep the game respectable looking for us outside of your inaccuracy.

The dominance in the middle from you guys and some of the stats like tackles & marks inside 50 for example - what ugly Lyon tactics allowed that?

I'm just going to assume due to the extent of your knowledge on the game and our club - you're just unnecessarily chucking in that throwaway line as false evidence, for whatever reason - despite a dominant win across the ground by you guys regardless of what the scoreboard said.

Yeah I'm generally a Lyon critic but 100% agree, it wasn't any kind of negative tactics. You got bogged down because of how well we structured up behind the ball and because McCarthy and Johnson were pretty lazy in working to provide outlet options out of defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't watch apart from the last 5 minutes or so but good to see we won ugly. Driving home Rama and Mick Malthouse were critical of or general skills. Shame about Smack, I may not be a fan of him but don't want that for anybody. Hope it's not a Lloyd like thing.

I continually saw up to 15 of your players in your backline in the first half. And players zoned up across the midfield with no way through without us taking the game on. This is definitely Lyons game plan.

The game opened up more after half time. You have some stars in your team playing alongside some talented kids. You have a pretty exciting future.

We fumble a lot more than geelong and the demons. The demons especially picking the ball up off the ground very cleanly tonight. It definitely costs us in being able to have that extra few milli second to make the right decisions with the ball.

Can we stop with these stupid toast threads. Played like s**t all day and barely scraped home against an incompotent Fremantle side.
Who beat us first time around. I'm happy, yes kicking terrible but I enjoyed the win. I sit back and laugh at all the audible groans. Some people want it on a silver platter. Not going to happen.

Dont read too much into those types of posts. There isnt much intelligence there.
You guys are on the right track.

Good luck for the rest of the year.

Weird feeling to this game. We played better and deserved to win but not without our issues.

Bad
Our innacuracy was next level terrible today, continuing a worrying trend really.
Dea had a solid second half, which is good because he was a complete liability in the first.
If that performance doesnt convinve Woosha that Colyer shouldnt playing 1sts at the moment (not never) than i dont know what will.
Sucks for Smack, deserves another 1 year, would of been 2 if not for the serious Hammy at 28yo.
TBC - could have been in the good as he dominated but gosh he played like an arrogan SOB in that first half. Got caught HTB 3 time trying to take the ball out of the ruck. Needed a big 2nd half and luckily for us he did.

Good
Hurley - never in doubt he would make a fightback in form
Heppell, Myers and Zaka leading the midfield beautifully. Played well.
Fanta is our best player. No conditions, pure and simple. He increases our attacking setup and potency more than any other player.
Zerrett beating the tag to have a huge last quarter. Needed to desperately for his own confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back