Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 19th Sept 7.40PM @ Gabba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I just wish that they sat down with him, showed him what they wanted to fix and give him a chance to go out there and do it!

Gee, first game for the year after a series of botchy development matches, then dropped. A bit average for mine.

Particularly in a team that was hopeless in general.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was lucky to get a game in the first place (not picked all year then gets a game based on no reserves game the week before )

Then turns up in concrete boots with sfa run and barely gets involved.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
does anyone have any idea why we may have selected too many talls... any potential benefits against lions?

It's not good to play this many talls ever against anyone.

Just seems to be Teague saying he'll reward the players doing the right thing, regardless if it makes us too tall.
All those talls are in our top 22 available players but yeah the balance is off...going to be an ongoing issue if/when Charlie is fit next year.

Cas/McKay/Gov and one of Pitto/TDK up forward is 1 too many talls.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
What's the directive to Polson & Kennedy though - Play for your careers?

I don't know....All looks a bit of a mish-mash to me. Good luck to the guys though and for O'Brien....find another team before you're on the chopping block.
Polson for doc and kennedy for setterfield.

Agree though, if either papers have been stamped then they shouldn't play. And if they haven't been stamped by now then they shouldn't be stamped based on this game. Surely they have made up there mind on players like these already (guys who have been on the list for 3+ years).

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Was lucky to get a game in the first place (not picked all year then gets a game based on no reserves game the week before )

Wonder what's the go with LOB.

When he first started getting games under Bolton i liked him...thought he cracked in when it was his turn and provided some outside run, even if his kicking was a bit iffy. For memory he doesn't shirk contests.

Jan 16, 2019
Kgari Coast Qld.
AFL Club
Carlton

LOB's really bunged on some kilo's this year, but not sure if it's been beneficial.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Wonder what's the go with LOB.

When he first started getting games under Bolton i liked him...thought he cracked in when it was his turn and provided some outside run, even if his kicking was a bit iffy. For memory he doesn't shirk contests.
Same for me. Thought he looked ok on the wing. To get only one game this year, based on no good form at all, is an indictment on him and more so the club and their development program.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
LOB's really bunged on some kilo's this year, but not sure if it's been beneficial.
Heard Teague asked about players like dow and LOB and their lack of games and development. He said lack of games doesn't show lack of development and theyll be fine but for me it can't have helped, especially this year playing hit and giggle reserve games.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
so more a fitness problem?
That's what surprised me. He is supposed to be an elite runner but looked to have nothing in the first qtr onwards.

I wonder if someone like him, probably expected to play alot more games was mentally gone with 2 games to go. In a way you wouldn't blame him.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
That's what surprised me. He is supposed to be an elite runner but looked to have nothing in the first qtr onwards.

I wonder if someone like him, probably expected to play alot more games was mentally gone with 2 games to go. In a way you wouldn't blame him.

I would. Needs to work for a spot in the team and not expect to be gifted games like when Bolton was coach.

If Polson & Cottrell can break their way into the team, there is opportunity. Would be sad if it turned out he got fed up about not being in the senior team and then let his professionalism/fitness etc go after only 3 years in the AFL...

Wish the Dow & LOB picks were in the 2018 draft lol. Imagine if they were guys like Bailey Smith/Rozee/Butters.

BluesvsLionsRd18profile.JPG

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I would. Needs to work for a spot in the team and not expect to be gifted games like when Bolton was coach.

If Polson & Cottrell can break their way into the team, there is opportunity. Would be sad if it turned out he got fed up about not being in the senior team and then let his professionalism/fitness etc go after only 3 years in the AFL...

Wish the Dow & LOB picks were in the 2018 draft lol. Imagine if they were guys like Bailey Smith/Rozee/Butters.
We'd probably be saying 'wish the draft year was obrien and dows year as they are better players'. Our player development is putrid.

I'm sorry

I'm really sorry

But how in fu**s name does Mitchell McGovern get a game after last week?

I am off this club

I don't think you're really sorry at all.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings

2017 draft looking more and more like a tragedy as time goes on. Hurts.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
When you read dows draft report before the draft it highlights his weaknesses so easily and they are spot on.

In the right system he could have turned into a very damaging player. Port Adelaide were said to have rated him as the best player in the draft, and Port Adelaide know what they are doing at the draft table.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
What would your revised top 10 be now Plow on exposed or current output ??

At the time I was tossing up between Cerra and Dow. Dow had the attributes we needed, but Cerra's class was undeniable.

Thus far, Cerra's skills, poise and decision-making are standing up as high-echelon AFL quality. Ignoring Tim Kelly, he's the one we all missed and would probably go 1st in a re-draft. I still think Dow can become a very good AFL player, but maybe not at Carlton/Teague.

Bluebagz

Senior List
Jun 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't understand what you can gain from playing young players one or two games then dropping. Its not that simple, maybe they are played in a position that they have never played their entire junior career in or maybe they have a little stage fright the first couple of games.
My point is playing a young guy for 1 or 2 games then dropping them does nothing for their confidence or development. We are not playing finals so lets give the younglings an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back