Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
images

INS & OUTS

I had more confidence in us winning this one than I did in us beating Adelaide.

We match up well on Brisbane, and we don't mind playing them up there too much either. We need to play this game as though we give a s**t; in my opinion, this game is the real test to demonstrate that this team is not the same as Carlton 2015-18. In those years, even last year, we capitulated last round; as the years taped down, we got less and less interested.

We have only pride to play for, and that pride has been stung this week. We have a single game left in the season, and we won 7 games last year. Might be from less games, but an additional win this season puts us a game ahead of last year from less opportunities. There's clear progress there, even if some would have us not having made any progress this year at all.

Carlton, by within 15 points.

I’d bring in either owies or honey for fisher.
Probably Polson for doc.

ffs, enough is enough play player’s where they should be played!!
Cunners, Gibbo and sps need to be rotated a lot more frequently through the midfield!! We need speed in there and get murdered on the spread time and time again!!!

I’d bring in either owies or honey for fisher.
Probably Polson for doc.

ffs, enough is enough play player’s where they should be played!!
Cunners, Gibbo and sps need to be rotated a lot more frequently through the midfield!! We need speed in there and get murdered on the spread time and time again!!!
Imagine they play players where they excel and we win by 10 goals. I'd happily riot over the coaches than BLM or Dan Andrews

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

We just need a few extras who give a s**t, especially when the chips are down. Players who’d come into the rooms genuinely hurting if we dished we did today.

Philp, Cottrell, Polson and Pittonet of those available seem to fit that mould. BSOS if he’s anything like JSOS. Don’t know enough about Ramsey but he seems to have a bit of go about him.

Any of that group coming in would suit me. I love Dow but not interested in rewarding him on talent alone. It’ll only get us so far.

In - Dow, Honey, Cottrell, Moore or Kennedy (if latter is available)

Out - Docherty (injured), Fisher (managed), McGovern, O'Brien

I wouldn't worry about J.Silvagni now. Get him ready and ripe for preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last man standing.
We are the walking wounded, half of the list is cooked.

Can't believe our Match Committee would be so bloody stupid as to keep fronting most of the best 22 up week after week, sorry, game after game,
if only it were week to week. Plenty of clubs have been happy to manage a handful of players game to game, including their stars. We largely keep
going to the same well. I am assuming many are done. Perhaps some of the "boys" have been subjected to heavy gym sessions, utilising the hub
time for concentrated development. Remember the season would have been well and truly over for most by now, and they have to front up next
year. With Vic restrictions continuing, is there any guarantee the pre season will resemble "normal"? It has been confirmed by ITK poster(s) that
Dow and Kennedy are both "done", Marchbank done etc.

I don't care about next week. But i do care about next year.

Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Serong, Brayshaw, Smith, Walsh, Rayner, Schoenberg, Pickett etc etc.....What do they all have in common?....they were all allowed to play their game in positions that they were/are good at.

By Rd1 next year we have to identify the young players we have confidence in, and let them play football in their positions....and all will grow together.

I feel strongly, and have been saying so for 2 months, that we have got things wrong this year with selection and placement in the team this year. It has largely been a wasted year for us. Although it is hard to see yet for a fair chunk of our supporters, we are not far off being at least a good competitive team that plays decent fair dinkum footy most weeks. But a mix of ageing softish players, low talent prime year players, and confused unconfident young players is the wrong mix.

There are a lot of things i like about Teague and a few that i don't. I just hope he is not captive to others, and even more importantantly i hope he is not content to be captive to others. I understand him solidifying his standing in the place before stamping himself. That is smart enough logic.

But it is time for out with the old Carlton, and in with the new. Barker, Murphy, Simmo, Betts and Casboult must go, and it is time for the next batch to try and make their marks on the Club.

It was our lot to be forced to play very young players too early, then it was our lot to over correct and push the young players out, now it is our choice to invest in what we have built. They are no longer kids, they need to be given the chance. We will either live and die on the core of our team comprising on what we worked so hard to build.

Roll on Rd1.

B: Cotrell Weitering Macreadie
HB: Williamson Jones SPS
C: Newnes Cripps Walsh
HF: Honey Casboult Gibbons
F: Cuningham McKay Philp
OB: TDK Curnow Setterfield
IC: Murphy Simpson Fisher Ramsay

OUT
Docherty - injured

Plowman - give Macreadie a go in this role, no point flogging him one more time.

McGovern - not playing well.

O'Brien - bad luck but had little impact.

Betts - He's done.

IN
Cottrell - Skills rough but I know he'll run and compete

Macreadie - was looking like being a gun before a few years absent, still high hopes, could be a gun 3rd tall or CHB.

Philp - kid has a go, can play, worth playing

Honey - has that power and ability, need to get games into him.

Ramsay - talented junior, need to get a game into him this year.

Great opportunity to play the kids with a core of senior players against a young but good AFL side.

Play a team with speed, see what happens.

Worst thing we could do is play a bunch of older blokes who will likely not have a crack because the season is over. Play young hungry players, this is the game to do it.

Conversely, playing Murphy 1 more week this year means 1 week less we have to play him next year to get him to 300. Since that apparently is high on our Club priority to do list. :D :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back