Status
Not open for further replies.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
At the time I was tossing up between Cerra and Dow. Dow had the attributes we needed, but Cerra's class was undeniable.

Thus far, Cerra's skills, poise and decision-making are standing up as high-echelon AFL quality. Ignoring Tim Kelly, he's the one we all missed and would probably go 1st in a re-draft. I still think Dow can become a very good AFL player, but maybe not at Carlton/Teague.

Carlton has a terrible track record with player development. So often the blame is laid on supposed dud draft picks, but imo we stink at cultivating players.

I'm sorry

I'm really sorry

But how in fu**s name does Mitchell McGovern get a game after last week?

I am off this club

See you back in time for round !,2021 cookie.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't understand what you can gain from playing young players one or two games then dropping. Its not that simple, maybe they are played in a position that they have never played their entire junior career in or maybe they have a little stage fright the first couple of games.
My point is playing a young guy for 1 or 2 games then dropping them does nothing for their confidence or development. We are not playing finals so lets give the younglings an opportunity.
in general I agree but presume it's about obrien.

To me they've been teaching him something all year and not playing him all year because he isnt doing it.

Give him a game and then he still isnt doing what he is told or instructed

Dropping him should burn more than being gifted a game.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

spry

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Was lucky to get a game in the first place (not picked all year then gets a game based on no reserves game the week before )

Then turns up in concrete boots with sfa run and barely gets involved.

Was at the game and saw him run and chase against odds. We were outnumbered everywhere. Shouldn’t be dropped on a first gamers head.

Why bring him in without exposed form then not have a plan to stick with him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton has a terrible track record with player development. So often the blame is laid on supposed dud draft picks, but imo we stink at cultivating players.

I can just see us doing something as stupid as trading Dow to Richmond for Jack Graham, and Dow live up to his potential after being developed in Richmond’s system.

It will be like Shaun Grigg for Andrew Collins all over again.

:rolleyes:

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I can just see us doing something as stupid as trading Dow to Richmond for Jack Graham, and Dow live up to his potential after being developed in Richmond’s system.

It will be like Shaun Grigg for Andrew Collins all over again.

:rolleyes:

Andy Collins I hated that trade, never rated him and was correct.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I have never been more confused by our ins and outs as I am currentl,nothing makes sense.

the only possible explanation is that Polson and Kennedy were given farewell games

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
What I find interesting is that last year the majority of supporters were calling for Teague to be coach.

Wow what a difference a year makes.

Way to early to judge.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Here's something that's not an early judgement: get rid of Barker.

BlueShift

Senior List
Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't mind the Polson selection, thought he did okay in his 2nd game this year and is the most suitable Doc replacement who's not also injured.

Bringing in Kennedy and Pitto while keeping McGovern and the other talls though??? And risking a Martin injury in a pointless game at the end of a season?????

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
I would. Needs to work for a spot in the team and not expect to be gifted games like when Bolton was coach.

If Polson & Cottrell can break their way into the team, there is opportunity. Would be sad if it turned out he got fed up about not being in the senior team and then let his professionalism/fitness etc go after only 3 years in the AFL...

Wish the Dow & LOB picks were in the 2018 draft lol. Imagine if they were guys like Bailey Smith/Rozee/Butters.
Generally agree especially in the Bolton era but Mcgoverns clear favoritism with Teague makes a mockery of the gifting of games to others .
Selection integrity at Carlton is now no more .

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't mind the Polson selection, thought he did okay in his 2nd game this year and is the most suitable Doc replacement who's not also injured.

Bringing in Kennedy and Pitto while keeping McGovern and the other talls though??? And risking a Martin injury in a pointless game at the end of a season?????
Kennedy won't play tall. He takes setterfield spot

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Giving McGovern another game based on his 'effort' and output this year, is inexcusable. I really wish I could stop myself from donating my cash every year to this club. His constant selection makes me sick and I am starting to actually dislike him, which hasn't happened for a carlton player before. Would prefer literally anyone on the list to come in for him, position irrelevant.

2 rucks and levi, just genius work selection panel. Any idea who is involved in selection? Obviously teague and mitch mcg, but is it just the rest of the coaching panel with them? Captains? Head of football?

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I have never been more confused by our ins and outs as I am currentl,nothing makes sense.

the only possible explanation is that Polson and Kennedy were given farewell games
I admit, I am similarly confused but your last line, maybe more confusing than the selectors themselves.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I honestly don’t understand the team selection for this game, it makes no sense. Why bring in LOB for one game, only to omit him straight away?

How the hell is Gov still there, does he not get held to the same standards as LOB?

Playing Casboult, Gov, Harry, TDK and Pitt, really?

Why is Martin coming back, did we not learn from last week when we took in Doc underdone.

The inconsistency regarding team selection has left a real bad taste in my mouth, you don’t leave young players languishing in the reserves under the impression they must EARN their spot, only to allow McGovern 3 games in a row where he barely touches the ball. Drop LOB after 1 game, drop Owies after 1 game, drop Polson and Dow after 2.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I honestly don’t understand the team selection for this game, it makes no sense. Why bring in LOB for one game, only to omit him straight away?

How the hell is Gov still there, does he not get held to the same standards as LOB?

Why is Martin coming back, did we not learn from last week when we took in Doc underdone.

The inconsistency regarding team selection has left a real bad taste in my mouth, you don’t leave young players languishing in the reserves under the impression they must EARN their spot, only to allow McGovern 3 games in a row where he barely touches the ball. Drop LOB after 1 game, drop Owies after 1 game, drop Polson and Dow after 2.
There is absolute zero integrity for MC based on what they done this year. Zilch!
For me, this is not something that only just hit me now but months ago, but I for some reason hoped like hope it was just a temporary mistake and they would learn from lessons. There has been nothing to show any learnings at all. None!!!

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
McMuffin selected regardless of his output.

Martin selected despite making this mistake with Doc last week.

LOB out... (I don't think he played a great game last week but he wasn't alone and certainly better than certain someone)

Pitto, TDK, Levi in the same side...with Harry and McMuffin as well I might add...

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
Kennedy won't play tall. He takes setterfield spot

Fair call Frumpy however given Kennedys usual low time on ground percentage indicating he isnt fit enough for a full time or close to mid spot one would think he will have to spend some time forward .

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton

100% spot on. If the coach is getting up and talking about earning games, it has to be club wide. You keep rewarding the sort of s**t gov dishes up and that's just going to spread. You bring someone in because they've apparently earned a spot, then drop them if they don't set the joint alight? * off. Mcgovern has been there all year when 'fit' and has not had 1 good game. He has done no more than owies, philp, polson, LOB yet they all get dropped straight away.

McGovern gets himself sent off to fat farm because he can't even keep himself fit enough to be a professional sportsman, then gets brought straight back in. It's sickening. How do you intend to build a winning culture if this is the sort of effort getting rewarded?

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
McMuffin selected regardless of his output.

Martin selected despite making this mistake with Doc last week.

LOB out... (I don't think he played a great game last week but he wasn't alone and certainly better than certain someone)

Pitto, TDK, Levi in the same side...with Harry and McMuffin as well I might add...

it is SHOCKING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back