Status
Not open for further replies.

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit of a depressing thought but just realising how beige and bland our side is.

When we had players like Fev, Yarran and Jeppy Garlett you could go into these games thinking 'If they get off the chain tonight we are a chance'. Essendon at least have it with Tipper, Stringer, Daniher and even Saad.

Trying to look at our X-factors tonight - Harry Mckay definitely - could come out and kick six, maybe Jack Martin and maybe TDK.
Cripps last game against brisbane was as much of a match winning performance as I've seen, outside of half a dozen kouta games :)

hold please

uGbZCzMKD2EmT6sSgTcMq6-1200-80.jpg

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
It's hard when our biggest X-factor player has been injured for the whole season.

Add C Curnow to that mix and it's a very different story.
The problem is that none of them are midfielders.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Really good point. We've lacked X-factor in the midfield for a long time.

Hopefully Cuningham is given freedom to chase the footy tonight, he's got a bit about him.

But yes, we really need another high quality mid with X-factor.
Kemp, Cuningham and O'Brien are the only shining hopes on the list. Cripps has a bit of that about him at times, but that's only going to persist if he learns how to play with others more at the stoppage.

This is why I'm happy for us to experiment with Owies and Moore, list numbers permitting.

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
Kemp, Cuningham and O'Brien are the only shining hopes on the list. Cripps has a bit of that about him at times, but that's only going to persist if he learns how to play with others more at the stoppage.

This is why I'm happy for us to experiment with Owies and Moore, list numbers permitting.
I will say that Newnes has also surprised me with his ability to kick regularly freakish goals but the rest of his game is pretty dour.

On what he's shown to date O'Brien has very little X-factor for mine. Dow yes.

Definitely think Honey could prove a good creative player too. Owies also worth persisting with for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back