Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday 22nd July 1.10PM @ Etihad - Final Team Post #352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really disappointed that Macreadie has had such a bad run with injuries. People seem to forget what a talent he is

HUGE talent!

Such a shame he's had the injury (bad)luck that he's had

I think on talent and athletic attributes alone he could be more versatile than Marchbank. Just needs the continuity

Stop the autographs
Get training
Lol
By the way
I’m waiting on acknowledgement from one of the moderators from yesterday

Then we need to play to our strength of more youthful side. If we do not play bold football, we will not win.
Why does a youthful side = bold football ?
We dont have anywhere near the midfield to take teams on this way will only get very ugly as weve seen for the past 3 seasons if we adopt this approach .
Until the club stops the softly softly approach to building our midfield that wont change imo .

Stephen Silvagni reckons that important range is 22-26, and we only have 2
We would have more if Pat McCarthy, Matthew Watson, Josh Bootsma, Troy Menzel, Tom Temay, Boekhorst and DVR were not all busts from Rogers era for types that would be in that age range now.
His strike rate of one win of Crippa from 8 picks you expect to find at least 3 or 4 is why it is proving so hard to fill that gap.

Edit: Meanwhile looking up the same age group SOS was involved picking for GWS a team could look like this:

Plowman, Tomlinson, Bugg or Buntine
Whitfield, Haynes, Marchbank
T Adams, Treloar, Shiel
D Smith, J Cameron, Steele
Greene, Patton, Hoskin-Elliott
T Boyd, Coniglio, Kelly

The rest of 22 from Lobb, Pickett, Dom Tyson , Cam McCarthy & James Stewart

He did not miss much in that time.

Last edited:
Predicting tomorrow;

Tom Mitchell to have 65 possessions, of which 2 are contested, 2 tackles, 4 marks. Adjudjed again to have minimal impact on the game, he goes home with no brownlow votes.

Meanwhile....

Patrick Cripps to have his usual 32 possessions, 28 contested, 12 tackles, and 3 goals. Picking up the maximim votes in a losing side.

And....

C. Curnow to take mark of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predicting tomorrow;

Tom Mitchell to have 65 possessions, of which 2 are contested, 2 tackles, 4 marks. Adjudjed again to have minimal impact on the game, he goes home with no brownlow votes.

Meanwhile....

Patrick Cripps to have his usual 32 possessions, 28 contested, 12 tackles, and 3 goals. Picking up the maximim votes in a losing side.

And....

So, TM as my Supercoach captain then? Gotcha.

Predicting tomorrow;

Meanwhile....

And....

struggling to fault this

For reasons unknown I give us a chance this week.
go find those reasons, come back and post them then

main-qimg-30df33a28bac0822b35dde4be2aa68b1

For reasons unknown I give us a chance this week.

Of all the mid-tier teams this year, we match up with Hawthorn best. They depend heavily on a couple of midfielders (as do we). They have a bottom 6 players that is as weak as ours (but younger) and depend heavily on their team defensive structure but can be vulnerable to long kicks and contested marks (where we are reasonably strong). If we match them in contested possessions and don't turn the ball over against their zone we can win... as we did last year

But then you remember how much of a shambles we have been recently - our structure has fallen apart, our young kids have tired and played only in spurts, and we've had horrific turnovers that have killed us in the backline in each of our last few games... and you realise this will be 10 goals at least.

Hopefully we can push the Hawks today...
We are assembling a bit of a mosquito fleet
Fisher
Samo
Polson
Kennedy
Obrein
Dow

all speedy smaller guys..............we could end up having ok depth down the track,just feel sorry for Cripps at the moment

Hopefully we can push the Hawks today...
We are assembling a bit of a mosquito fleet
Fisher
Samo
Polson
Kennedy
Obrein
Dow

all speedy smaller guys..............we could end up having ok depth down the track,just feel sorry for Cripps at the moment
it's the headstart we need - let's make use of it........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back