Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Richmond - Saturday 28th July - 7:40pm @ MCG - Team - Post #319

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way the weather has been so far today it looks like the MC may have got it right in not going too tall for tonight's game. MCG is going to be slippery & the wind will be quite tricky. Expect to see the ball spend a lot of time on the ground tonight.

We are crap in those conditions. How's Carlton?

In any season in the last 4-5 years I would say it suits us.

This year, we are the epitome of a 50/50 proposition. Could win by ten goals or lose by ten goals almost any given week.

Typical of a young, inexperienced team.

Would love to see avg games played vs opponents avg this season.

Same for avg age. I daresay with our injuries, there would be some interesting data.

I think the point MO was making is that it may be a long time (touchwood) before Richmond meet a Carlton team so depleted by injury (and suspension)
Very true. And if the Tiges do grab a win tonight even though the season will be shot for both teams, the big thing for us is going into round 1 next year is not to many remember injuries, suspensions etc, just the 4 points. So even if both are full strength the monkey in some ways will be off our back and we will look back to the last victory.

Only 243 days to go until that highly anticipated clash. :)

Watching the Carlton v Richmond Grand Final '82 on Fox, nearly D'Amico time, hardly a ball up, amazing how few frees were paid in those days, you certainly had to earn them.
What are you talking about? They used to pay in the vicinity of triple figures and there were as many questionable free kicks then as now.

What are you talking about? They used to pay in the vicinity of triple figures and there were as many questionable free kicks then as now.
Heard Ted Hopkins on the radio a few months back talking about this and he went back and done all the stats for the 1970 GF and said their were 92 or 94 (cant remember) frees paid. Would be great to get a hold of all them. They are probably out there somewhere.

Heading to the game soon, looking forward to see what tricks the coach pulls out his clacker this week. I think it will be a batlle of the coaches and I'm hoping Ratts should be able to come out on top means a win for the blues

Go Blues

Rumors on Facebook and twitter that maric will be a late withdrawal (make of it what you will)

Big bonus for us if true

The early '80s was when Harry Beitzel was in charge of the umpires & he was a great believer that less free kicks was more. The numbers went down from anything up to 100 per game to about 30-40 per game.

I won't make it tonight am on hollies os, will be listenng via the web, if i can stay awake that long....imstill believe we can win, still reckon the pressureis on the tiges, a very depleted carlton side, if they where ever gonna do us its tonight

Blues will get up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty strong rumour that Maric won't play. I know it's only a rumour, but generally in cases like these where there's smoke there's fire. If that's the case, I don't see us winning. Plus, we have played pretty poorly in the wet in recent times. We are a run and spread and high possesion football team. We like to possess and control the ball, and in the wet, that's basically the worst thing you can do. Sadly, our coaches don't really have a plan B, or the team isnt good at adapting to it. Tipped Carlton by 10, if it rains I'm thinking more like Carlton by 20-30.

Pretty strong rumour that Maric won't play. I know it's only a rumour, but generally in cases like these where there's smoke there's fire. If that's the case, I don't see us winning. Plus, we have played pretty poorly in the wet in recent times. We are a run and spread and high possesion football team. We like to possess and control the ball, and in the wet, that's basically the worst thing you can do. Sadly, our coaches don't really have a plan B, or the team isnt good at adapting to it. Tipped Carlton by 10, if it rains I'm thinking more like Carlton by 20-30.

Like your pessimism....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back